N

nobody96

Aug 3, 2023
How do you get through the fear of death. I just tried to hang myself with a belt. I want to die, but I can't do it.

Reactions: conejo triste
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
In general, we take a method where we can no longer go back, or we make ourselves unconscious so as not to see it coming. Some people find the consequences of failure no worse than just being alive, and so jump right in.

Reactions: Aim
conejo triste

conejo triste

Researching
Aug 12, 2023
It sounds like more of a fear of pain than death itself, however please correct me if I'm wrong. It's always good to go through your options and see else is viable for you. Best of luck.

Reactions: cscott and Madao
Callie

Callie

Walking Despair
Aug 21, 2023
This is also my problem.

But yeah I agree with conejo triste here. I think what we fear is the thought of suffering in pain, not death. Because if anything, I would really love to die now. Like, if there's a button I can push that would just unalive me in seconds, I'd press it in a heartbeat. That is why I am really researching more about the carbon monoxide method.

Reactions: thebookofdisquiet., cscott and Madao
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I could personally never fear death as I believe death to be a peaceful, dreamless and eternal sleep, it's the end to all suffering so there's nothing to fear, the thought of being dead comforts me so much.

But I'm not sure if you mean the fear of dying rather than death itself, if so it's just the unfortunate reality that suicide isn't straightforward, it's beyond cruel to me how people even have to resort to barbaric suicide methods like hanging in the first place and cannot just instantly and peacefully escape from this existence.

I imagine that many of those who succeded just got so determined, I envy them as suicide really is too difficult, what I would fear is a suicide attempt failing and leading to way worse suffering.

N

nobody96

Aug 3, 2023
It sounds like more of a fear of pain than death itself, however please correct me if I'm wrong. It's always good to go through your options and see else is viable for you. Best of luck.
It was a little stupid. But i just can't seem to find a way out of my own emotions. So i just decided to for it. I'm still on the fence.
I could personally never fear death as I believe death to be a peaceful, dreamless and eternal sleep, it's the end to all suffering so there's nothing to fear, the thought of being dead comforts me so much.

But I'm not sure if you mean the fear of dying rather than death itself, if so it's just the unfortunate reality that suicide isn't straightforward, it's beyond cruel to me how people even have to resort to barbaric suicide methods like hanging in the first place and cannot just instantly and peacefully escape from this existence.

I imagine that many of those who succeded just got so determined, I envy them as suicide really is too difficult, what I would fear is a suicide attempt failing and leading to way worse suffering.
If i wouldn't make the people around me sad i would do the same. It's a fear of dying indeed