• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deleted member 847

We all want it, but we all also fear it. Survival instinct. How are you going to defeat this ugly monster that keeps you away from your goal?
resting_by_beloved_creature.jpg

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Pain. Lots of it. That's about it. To put it another way, I'm counting on what is essentially the brute force approach. Ever increasing levels of agony to break through my unbelievably meek inhibitions when it comes to suicide. Think of it this way. Some people can commit suicide at pain level 10, whereas I need to get to pain level 100 if I ever hope to accomplish the same thing. I'm not trying to make it a suffering based pissing contest, but the fact of the matter is some individuals have WAY higher thresholds/personal barriers to suicide than others. Pity us if anything. We're more trapped than anyone else. No wish to live, yet unable to die. A cursed existence. For me personally, I can only hope that there will come a day when my life will get so hellishly awful that I'll leap into the arms of death so as to escape the burning inferno of life licking at my heels, thus overriding my formidable cowardice in the process. Although, who knows if that day will ever come. I only wish I could save myself having to go through that kind of horrific hassle, but that's our fucked DNA dominated biology for you.

When, in some dreadful and ghastly dream, we reach the moment of greatest horror, it awakes us; thereby banishing all the hideous shapes that were born of the night. And life is a dream: when the moment of greatest horror compels us to break it off, the same thing happens.

Arthur Schopenhauer - On Suicide

Alysia

Alysia

Jul 3, 2018
I think it's important to remember that we will all die eventually, mo matter how long we choose to delay it. :) I can choose to respect myself and die with dignity in an organized manner now at the time of my choosing, or I can choose to let myself die from some cruel debilitating illness on a hospital bed at 90 when there's no life or dignity left in me, only bitterness and anger, having first suffered for 70 more years.

If there is Hell, which I don't believe in in the slightest, I would end up there anyway because I feel very strongly I will have no belief in any omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omniscient God at 90 either given all the fundamental unnecessary, inexplicable and inexcusable cruelty in this world.

YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
I fear the pain of dying and the possibility of failure more than death. If I may paraphrase Mark Twain: I have been dead for billions of years before and it did not inconvenience me in the slightest.