ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
This is gonna sound stupid, but "The Hanging Tree" (that Hunger Games song), "Bury A Friend" (Billie Eilish), "Missing" (Evanescence), and that gosh darn noose song. "This is how you tie a noose, it's easy if you're not obtuse, all you need is a piece of rope and abandon all your hope". Sure, it's stupid, but I love it, it doubles as a comfort song even when the suicidal ideation calms down a little. Dunno why. I guess I like edgy songs about death. Probably why I don't tend to share my playlists with normies.

U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
Not a single Julien Baker reference yet? 😅

Go Home definitely for me, Heatwave and Claws In Your Back also have suicidal references (though the latter has a hopeful ending I don't quite vibe with).

Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
Desolate Veil by Lorna Shore

Last edited:
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I love the lyrics on this one.

Reactions: Smelly_ballz
UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
The entire "The Downward Spiral" album by Nine Inch Nails. It basically is a non-detailed story about someone falling into degenerate tendencies ("nothing can stop me now, cause I don't care anymore.") leading to drug abuse and eventually, the protagonist ends himself by gun in the second-to-last song. The very last song is, I believe, Reznor (the artist) singing to himself and implying he'd take his own life too, after a life of regret and losing everything to drug abuse.

I don't personally relate to drug abuse, but the degenerate spiral feels very relatable. I hate myself for what I've become, but I'm too much of a coward to atone for my sins.

Reactions: noname37
J

jackrussell

Oct 30, 2023
Don't Fear the Reaper by blue oyster cult 1976.

• Love
Reactions: Smelly_ballz
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Had this thought while adding a bunch of songs to the "CTB Version" of my "Unofficial SS Spotify Playlist.." (linked in my bio)

...what are your favorite CTB-related songs?

Mine are definitely Bullet by Hollywood Undead (I have a vivid memory of humming it as I traced my fingers along the white walls of the mental hospital as a child), and anything by Twenty One Pilots or My Chemical Romance!

Ah, the memories..
Sad! Xxxtentacion

I

ilikepomegranates

Nov 6, 2023
"I think I'm gonna kill myself" by Elton John is actually pretty catchy
Also I feel like pretend by Alex G definitely has some of those elements, but I'm not sure what the overall message of the song is, "i made a bloody mess in the kitchen sink" makes me think of sh