• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Art is extremely broad covering a wide range of different styles: dance, painting, sculpting, ceramics, cooking, tapestries, music, literature, cinema, even the way electricians bend conduits, and driving stick shifts can be considered forms of art. There are many more forms than what I have listed above, but what is your favorite?

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
Art is extremely broad covering a wide range of different styles: dance, painting, sculpting, ceramics, cooking, tapestries, music, literature, cinema, even the way electricians bend conduits, and driving stick shifts can be considered forms of art. There are many more forms than what I have listed above, but what is your favorite?
i can't imagine a existence without music. i think video games would probably be my second favourite since when done right i feel more attached to the characters. The first time i got to the ending of Final Fantasy X i even cried at the end when Jecht opened up to Tidus and Tidus told him he hated him and then when Lady Yuna Lost Tidus πŸ’” Some characters were annoying but having spent 40+ hours with them i actually cared about them.

i didn't cry at Final Fantasy XV but that absolutely broke my heart. Noctis lost so much "Heavy is the head that wears the crown" when is friend became blind and his other friend was pissy with Noctis it actually infuriated me. When Noctis went into the throne room and his Dad and FiancΓ©'s body's are there it broke my heart πŸ’”

i know they aren't real i know they're a bunch of pixels on a screen. it's extremely rare i've cared that much about movie or TV show characters which is why i think video games are such a great art form.

i've quite liked some graphic novels. i personally find The Sandman graphic novels much better than the tv show. Art forms seem to have there individual strengths. There's something about comics and books that don't often translate well into a movie or show

i'd have to put movies up there too. Simply because of Star Wars (except the Disney trilogy) as a child i was obsessed with The Empire Strikes Back. i wanted to be a Jedi at one point. i thought Luke Skywalker was the coolest guy ever πŸ˜‚
The older i got the more the more the story changed with me. As a child i was naive. i saw Luke and Leia were heroes and vader as bad. As an adult i see them as what society would openly call them if they were asian. The rebel alliance is a terrorist organisation.

It truly is a masterpiece and teaches so much about life even the prequels, yeah they weren't the best (although III might be) but even Episode I. It address slavery, politics, racism, religion, greed, death.

The story wasn't as simple as it was when i was a naive child. Jedi weren't good. The take young children away from their families, deny them any joy and brainwash them. Obi twisting the truth in attempt to get Luke to kill his father was sick.

i don't think there's an art form that has so much depth to it and that's stood the test of time, so for Star Wars alone i'm going to have to say movies is also one of the best.

EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
It's hard to pick just one.
Movies are great because they combine writing, music, and cinematography. Animated ones are especially great because they can express so much more with the visuals; The show Arcane would be a great example.

Story based video games are very similar to movies with the added bonus of being interactive. It just adds to the whole experience because it brings you closer to the protagonist and by extension to the story.

And finally music. I just love how a melody and sometimes lyrics can bring out so much emotion. The other two would be so much less without music.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yeah, i didn't even think of that 🀦🏻
Surely that can't be "normal" overlooking the actual biggest art form there is πŸ€¦πŸ»πŸ˜‚

View attachment 130743
I like architecture

Indulgent and intricate architecture - you almost need to go to Vegas for that now. Old buildings like Smith Tower used to do that now buildings are all boring and bland.

Wood will tend to replace some steel due to aesthetics and carbon storage. Concrete will tend to replace steel due to concrete that absorbs CO2 rather than emitting it. But steel is here to stay in spite of these minor trends (and a green steel-making process would slow both of these trends).

B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
Video games seem like such a normie answer, but I find them to be my favorite form. Metal Gear Solid 3s ending always seemed like the perfect example of what one can do with games, that is impossible with films or books. There's an endless range of possibilities with them. Aside of that, literatures ability to use peoples imagination, as well as music for being music, make them both close seconds.