Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
What's your favorite type of anime?

Quite a bit of negativity and I'm about being a little bit positive, so it's good to have it all balanced out.

I'm more into shonen anime.

Naruto, Dragon Ball, My Hero Academia, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Zappfe lover, Life sucks and 2 others
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
I love anime with lots of action and that has supernatural elements into it. Even better if it has historical context.
That being said, some of my favorite animes are: Yu Yu Hakusho, Bungou Stray Dogs, Black Butler, Hellsing, Hetalia, Trigun.

Reactions: charlottewilts and draw a circle
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
favorite genre is the psychological kind. so Elfen Lied, Death Parade, Higurashi, FLCL.

@torturedbylife if you haven't you should try fate/stay night. it's got some history in it.

Reactions: charlottewilts, Zappfe lover and torturedbylife
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Shounen, but I like to watch variety of genres.

Reactions: Joey
Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
It's a close bet between Monster, Steins;Gate and Paranoia Agent.
favorite genre is the psychological kind. so Elfen Lied, Death Parade, Higurashi, FLCL.
Have you watched Serial Experiments Lain or Texhonlyze?

so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
Have you watched Serial Experiments Lain or Texhonlyze?

I never actually finished Lain, but I did start it. I keep meaning to go back. Haven't heard of the second one.

Reactions: Isisnefert
Reiraku

Reiraku

May 5, 2020
Some of my favorite anime (series/movies) are: Digimon, Ghost in the Shell, Attack on Titan, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Zankyou no Terror, Hellsing Ultimate, Rainbow, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Welcome to the NHK, Baccano, Black Lagoon and Redline.
Although lately I've been more of a manga guy.

Reactions: draw a circle
Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
I never actually finished Lain, but I did start it. I keep meaning to go back. Haven't heard of the second one.
Both were produced by the same people.

Texohnlyze is pretty much a Mafia story set in a dystopic underground city.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Mob psycho has to be a favorite for me. The action scenes are perfectly balanced with great story and character development.

Reactions: Joey, draw a circle and Zappfe lover
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
What's your favorite type of anime?

Quite a bit of negativity and I'm about being a little bit positive, so it's good to have it all balanced out.

I'm more into shonen anime.

Naruto, Dragon Ball, My Hero Academia, etc.
Puella Madoka Magica, Elfen lied, neon genesis evangelion, magical girl site, re:zero

Reactions: Isisnefert and Joey
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
I love anime with lots of action and that has supernatural elements into it. Even better if it has historical context.
That being said, some of my favorite animes are: Yu Yu Hakusho, Bungou Stray Dogs, Black Butler, Hellsing, Hetalia, Trigun.
Finally, someone who likes Hetalia! I use the song for my username lol

I like shounen/seinen and josei, but now that I think about it I've read/watch at least one from every genre, so I don't have a favorite genre. I'm more of a manga reader as well, so I'm just going to mention animes I really watched because I read a ton of manga and I already talked a lot about manga in other threads.

Some anime I really liked are Violet Evergarden, Tokyo Ghoul, Yuri on Ice, Samurai Flamenco, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Banana Fish, The Case Files of Jeweler Richard, and many more I can't remember right now. What is a common theme across them? I don't even know! Lol

Reactions: Joey and torturedbylife
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
I keep hoping the hetalia people will make some episodes with covid

Reactions: Joey and torturedbylife
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
I keep hoping the hetalia people will make some episodes with covid
The author seems to be continuing to update on his blog but I'm not sure, idk what the blog name is too. But would be interesting lol

wannabenorwegian

wannabenorwegian

Jan 1, 2020
I'm don't really know anime types because I only watch anime every now and then. I heard the Type "Slice of Life" once about an anime I liked. So that type I guess? Today I finished Plastic Memories and cried through the last 2 episodes and had a knot in my neck. According to Wikipedia that's "seinen anime"

Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
I'm don't really know anime types because I only watch anime every now and then. I heard the Type "Slice of Life" once about an anime I liked. So that type I guess? Today I finished Plastic Memories and cried through the last 2 episodes and had a knot in my neck. According to Wikipedia that's "seinen anime"
Plastic Memories is great. If you liked the writing style, I would recommend playing the "Science Adventure" visual novels, since they are written by the same person.

• Love
Reactions: wannabenorwegian
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
My top favorites are these lesser known anime called Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter and Your Lie in April. Currently invested in Oyasumi Punpun.

wannabenorwegian

wannabenorwegian

Jan 1, 2020
Plastic Memories is great. If you liked the writing style, I would recommend playing the "Science Adventure" visual novels, since they are written by the same person.
Thank you very much for the recommendation. I'll definitely check it out. Iirc the writer also wrote Steins;Gate what I plan to watch next.
Plastic Memories was just too much for now. Islas first conclusion to distance herself from everyone and don't make memories with them because she will soon be gone and cause too much pain is the same that I have. I think that persons that are near me will suffer less, when they don't know me anymore/moved on. But now I am thinking about if thats correct. It seems to be correct, because otherwise more people around me would feel guilty for not preventing it or something like that? But on the other side leaving behind good memories sounds so beautiful. I'm probably sounding naiv right now. The setting in the anime was different. Death was mandatory and the time of it was fixed and everyone knew that time.

Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
Thank you very much for the recommendation. I'll definitely check it out. Iirc the writer also wrote Steins;Gate what I plan to watch next.
Plastic Memories was just too much for now.
Steins;Gate is actually one of the entries of the Science Adventure. All the titles happen on the same universe. It consists of: Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, Chaos;Child (the best one) and Robotics;Notes.

Disclaimer: Steins Gate is the only one that got a good adaptation. Unfortunately, all the others got really bad anime. So, if you plan to consume them, play the visual novels.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I really love shounen and seinen.
I guess my fav ones are One Piece, Hunter x Hunter (2011), SnK and Gantz! (the manga is much better)

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
My favorite anime is probably Steins;Gate (the visual novel is much more rich and detailed tho, and the sequel Steins;Gate 0 can only be enjoyed properly in VN format due to how much of the story was cut from the anime adaptation)

I also like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Monster, Serial Experiments Lain, Berserk, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Parasyte, Speed Grapher, Code Geass, Madoka Magica, and Fate Zero.

My favorite manga is either Oyasumi Punpun or Gantz.

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, Joey and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My favorite anime is probably Steins;Gate (the visual novel is much more rich and detailed tho, and the sequel Steins;Gate 0 can only be enjoyed properly in VN format due to how much of the story was cut from the anime adaptation)

I also like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Monster, Serial Experiments Lain, Berserk, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Parasyte, Speed Grapher, Code Geass, Madoka Magica, and Fate Zero.

My favorite manga is either Oyasumi Punpun or Gantz.
I saw it coming! ;)
Kurisu is the best !

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
UFO Robot Grendizer.

Akira.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex; still need to watch the 3rd movie: Solid State Society - which is a film sequel to the GITS TV series.

Bleach; have started reading the manga too - finished Volume 1 of the 3-in-1 Edition.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure; have just recently took an interest in this anime.

Reactions: Sensei
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Anime: Death Parade, Black Butler, Ancient Magus Bride, Elfen Lied
As for manga I liked the Flowers of Evil

Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
Mi anime favorito es probablemente Steins; Gate (aunque la novela visual es mucho más rica y detallada, y la secuela Steins; Gate 0 solo se puede disfrutar correctamente en formato VN debido a la parte de la historia que se eliminó de la adaptación del anime)

También me gustan Neon Genesis Evangelion, Monster, Serial Experiments Lain, Berserk, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Parasyte, Speed Grapher, Code Geass, Madoka Magica y Fate Zero.

Mi manga favorito es Oyasumi Punpun o Gantz.
Amo Evangelion y Utena
Slayers, Marmalade Boy, Rurouni Kenshin, Fushigi Yugi, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Evangelion, Video Girl Ai, Death Note, Meitantei Conan

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WornOutLife and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Amo Evangelion y Utena
Slayers, Marmalade Boy, Rurouni Kenshin, Fushigi Yugi, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Evangelion, Video Girl Ai, Death Note, Meitantei Conan
También me encanta Meitantei Conan y Kaitou Kid

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert and WornOutLife
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My favorite animes of all time are High Score Girl, Orange, and probably the Pokémon anime. I don't actually watch that much anime these days though. Currently I only really keep up with My Hero Academia because it oscillates between feeling like not just a typical shonen and being the shoneniest thing imaginable.

Edit: oh yeah and I really liked Your Lie in April even though I cried predictably at it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and WornOutLife
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I absolutely loved Outlaw Star when I was a kid.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Isisnefert