R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
Hi guys

My father died 2 months ago. For his whole life he was very disciplined as far as jobs are concerned. He worked since he was 15. I always had problems with work and never worked in one place more than two years. I have inferiority complex. I am 50 now. As he died I started thinking how I screwed my life. I can't stop thinking that I was not as good as he was. All of that makes me feel suicidal. Has anyone of you guys ever had those feelings ?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal, awfullife and ovaltinee99
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Hi guys

My father died 2 months ago. For his whole life he was very disciplined as far as jobs are concerned. He worked since he was 15. I always had problems with work and never worked in one place more than two years. I have inferiority complex. I am 50 now. As he died I started thinking how I screwed my life. I can't stop thinking that I was not as good as he was. All of that makes me feel suicidal. Has anyone of you guys ever had those feelings ?
Sorry for your loss.

Same here with my dad but he understands that I'm not well.

I never lasted more than 2 years, unlike you, whenever I got a job and have had huge employment gaps all over my CV.

Don't compare yourself with your dad we are all different. My dad is 78 and still works, I look for jobs but only now in January will I get to volunteer in local charity concern, that's after 2 years unemployed.

Last edited:
Reactions: regular john