sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Would a jump from a 50+ story building kill you? Jumping isn't my preferred method but I'm thinking about it…

• Hugs
Reactions: Nefer and Pyxel
strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
Omg yes, jumping from a 50 foot building on to something solid would definitly kill you.

Reactions: Pyxel and sserafim
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
For sure.

Reactions: Nefer, Pyxel and sserafim
I

idonthaveanother

Sep 13, 2023
I want to shake the hand of the person who jumps from 50+ stories and lives. Although I suspect they would no longer be able to.

Reactions: Pyxel and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Omg yes, jumping from a 50 foot building on to something solid would definitly kill you.
Okay thanks for lmk. The issue is landing on something solid. I'm not scared of jumping tho. Also, is there like a guide to jumping? I heard landing headfirst is better for ctb than feet first. How would one do this?
I want to shake the hand of the person who jumps from 50+ stories and lives. Although I suspect they would no longer be able to.
Let's say they end up living, what kind of permanent damage would they be left with? I'm guessing paralysis right…maybe even of the upper extremities. This is the only reason why I don't want to try this method. I don't want to be wheelchair bound or a quadriplegic for the rest of my life in the off-chance I live

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pyxel
Pyxel

Pyxel

Sleepy
Sep 10, 2023
Wish there was a spot very close to where I could jump. I'm not scared to jump either but the height of which I jump from better be lethal. Don't want to end up seriously injured & in pain.

Reactions: BoyInTheBox, helicoptero and SenseOfLoss
I

idonthaveanother

Sep 13, 2023
Okay thanks for lmk. The issue is landing on something solid. I'm not scared of jumping tho. Also, is there like a guide to jumping? I heard landing headfirst is better for ctb than feet first. How would one do this?

Let's say they end up living, what kind of permanent damage would they be left with? I'm guessing paralysis right…maybe even of the upper extremities. This is the only reason why I don't want to try this method. I don't want to be wheelchair bound or a quadriplegic for the rest of my life on the off-chance I live
I highly doubt anyone who jumps from a 50 story building is going to live, no matter how they land. That said, I have heard that skydivers have had failed parachutes and still lived. That's way higher than a 50 story building. I can't point to any specific examples, but I'm sure a Google would show some stuff on that. Safe to say they are no longer living their best lives.
Wish there was a spot very close to where I could jump. I'm not scared to jump either but the height of which I jump from better be lethal. Don't want to end up seriously injured & in pain.
I could be wrong, but unlike shooting oneself in the precisely right way and not even being able to register pain, I believe a jump from any height would result in even a split second of immense pain. I just don't see it any other way. Someone might correct me though.

Reactions: sserafim
G

golden_triforce3

Sep 10, 2023
DAMN! How are you even able to access the roof of such a tall building!?
I'd assume it would have all sorts of security to prevent people from even getting there.

Reactions: helicoptero and sserafim
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Does anyone here know how painful it is to jump properly on concrete because I think about 15-30 seconds of pain when you hang yourself according to lostallhope and people who gave me advice here. If you manage to kill yourself by constricting the veins only or gez unconscious quickly

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Survival of a 50 story jump is like one of them 1 in a million things where someone Survived falling out of a plane.

It's about as close to 99.99999% sure as you can get. I once stood on the edge of a cliff which was about 300ft and I couldn't do it.

Reactions: sserafim and winterparty
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Does anyone here know how painful it is to jump properly on concrete because I think about 15-30 seconds of pain when you hang yourself according to lostallhope and people who gave me advice here. If you manage to kill yourself by constricting the veins only or gez unconscious quickly
if you jump high enough you often lose consciousness immediately

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
50 meters is the recommended minimum. I would just try to double that figure to make extra sure that you can't survive.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
50+ stories would almost certainly kill you. If you somehow managed to survive that then the next thing I would do is buy a lottery ticket.

H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
50 feet isn't enough.
50 stories is enough.

Reactions: sserafim and JensenX
J

JensenX

Jun 6, 2022
Survival of a 50 story jump is like one of them 1 in a million things where someone Survived falling out of a plane.

It's about as close to 99.99999% sure as you can get. I once stood on the edge of a cliff which was about 300ft and I couldn't do it.
If you're landing on concrete it's a 100% certainty you would expire. The rare cases of parachutists surviving jumps involved getting caught up in trees.

Someone above mentioned "50 foot" which is 15 meters or about 5 stories depending on the type of building. Please don't try to jump from a building this low as you have a high chance of survival. I have read somewhere ( a Japanese how-to manual) that 21 meters is the bare minimum height to concrete to ensure success. I would suggest going much higher than the bare minimum.

AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
Would a jump from a 50+ story building kill you? Jumping isn't my preferred method but I'm thinking about it…
Yes, anything above 3 stories. I personally wouldn't do it because the aftermath could be traumatic to bystanders, you could land on someone's car and put them in a shitty financial situation, or you could land on someone or someone's pet and kill them too.
That said, I have heard that skydivers have had failed parachutes and still lived.
Thats because they landed on a tree and hit a bunch of branches on the way down that ultimately softened their fall. They usually still have injuries.

Reactions: idonthaveanother and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
DAMN! How are you even able to access the roof of such a tall building!?
I'd assume it would have all sorts of security to prevent people from even getting there.
Lol cuz I live in a high-rise. I'm not sure if I would have access to the roof tho, I was thinking about from my balcony instead…the issue is that there's a lot of traffic around my building

garota suicida

garota suicida

Sep 15, 2023
eu queria entender como as pessoas que partiram por salto tiveram coragem e venceram SI. pra mim isso parece impossível

thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
eu queria entender como as pessoas que partiram por salto tiveram coragem e venceram SI. pra mim isso parece impossível
I think that, unlike the other methods that require planning and knowledge to succeed, jumping needs to be an impulsive act without thinking twice. Maybe when blinded by anger or sadness, in the middle of a panic attack, etc.

• Love
Reactions: cscott, sserafim and garota suicida
Kōenji

Kōenji

Sep 17, 2023
Well.. 50 stories is about 500+ feet.. unless you land in a body of water feet first (even then you'd break your bones and likely drown anyway) you are definitely going to die.

G

golden_triforce3

Sep 10, 2023
If you're landing on concrete it's a 100% certainty you would expire. The rare cases of parachutists surviving jumps involved getting caught up in trees.

Someone above mentioned "50 foot" which is 15 meters or about 5 stories depending on the type of building. Please don't try to jump from a building this low as you have a high chance of survival. I have read somewhere ( a Japanese how-to manual) that 21 meters is the bare minimum height to concrete to ensure success. I would suggest going much higher than the bare minimum.
21 meters! That's just like 7 stories! I wouldn't feel safe on my odds of succeding at all.

Reactions: thebookofdisquiet.