Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
What is your most embarrassing story concerning either an auto correct, failed voice recognition or typo within a text, chat or email.

I had one resently were I was writing about someone's brother and instead of voice recognition typing "half brother" it was typing "hot brother". And, I did not bother to proof read before sending.

I know there are lots better stories out there, so tell us yours.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mm80, XYZ, Giraffey and 4 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
This happens to me all the time, bloody Google keyboard, I've too many to mention and can't remember them offhand. I'll probably post here when I do it again.

Reactions: death137, Chupacabra 44, Mm80 and 1 other person
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Well it was more an autocorrect spelling thing that I didn't spot. I texted a customer called Idit - "no Idit, don't do that". And it autocorrected it to "no idiot, don't do that".

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: am1485, Good4Nothing, death137 and 4 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Hey there, Chupa! I see you are back from the realm of "the banned". Rock on, man :sunglasses:Are you allright? Forgive me for being blunt, but it looked to me as if you were going through something when you quit the forum. I hope you are better now.

And now to answer the topic of this thread:

I make loads of typos at work mainly coz I am stressed out of my freaking mind and hugely insecure, so I rewrite every paragraph a million times. Oh man... that millisecond when I am about to press SEND and I catch a typo out of the corner of my watering eye but it's too late for my brain to communicate a new command to my finger. That millisecond is distilled horror.

Last edited:
Reactions: death137, sufferingalways, Chupacabra 44 and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I knew someone at work who, writing about the County Council, missed out the o in County.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137, sufferingalways, Deleted member 19654 and 3 others
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
You know what's really sad? People who get tattoos with typos. Now that just makes me cry.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: death137, Deleted member 19654, Chupacabra 44 and 2 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
What is your most embarrassing story concerning either an auto correct, failed voice recognition or typo within a text, chat or email.

I had one resently were I was writing about someone's brother and instead of voice recognition typing "half brother" it was typing "hot brother". And, I did not bother to proof read before sending.

I know there are lots better stories out there, so tell us yours.
Did you end up getting a date with the hot half brother then chups ?

• Love
Reactions: death137 and Chupacabra 44
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
Poor Beethoven! Too bad he was dead. Well, at least he wasn't deaf, as that would have really put a damper on things.

EB813D82 64DA 43D5 8C12 93AA6C165F13

Reactions: death137, Chupacabra 44 and TheQ22
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
You know what's really sad? People who get tattoos with typos. Now that just makes me cry.
No they're funny. There are some crackers.

Reactions: death137, Chupacabra 44, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Hey there, Chupa! I see you are back from the realm of "the banned". Rock on, man :sunglasses:Are you allright? Forgive me for being blunt, but it looked to me as if you were going through something when you quit the forum. I hope you are better now.

And now to answer the topic of this thread:

I make loads of typos at work mainly coz I am stressed out of my freaking mind and hugely insecure, so I rewrite every paragraph a million times. Oh man... that millisecond when I am about to press SEND and I catch a typo out of the corner of my watering eye but it's too late for my brain to communicate a new command to my finger. That millisecond is distilled horror.

Thanks for asking, buddy. Just been battling my hypomania on my end and trying to be mindful enough not to hop on a plane to the UK to guzzle some pints with some of my new SS mates.

I'm seeing a new neurologist and he has me on some new medication that he thinks will smooth out my moods and help my fibromyalgia and help my peripheral neuropathy symptoms. Fingers crossed.
Did you end up getting a date with the hot half brother then chups ?

No unfortunately I think I was reaching, and got shot down with a hurtful note informing me I was seeking companionship out of my league. The note said something about "get real" and "dream on".

Plenty of fish in the sea.....

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, nitroautnz, death137 and 2 others
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I knew someone at work who, writing about the County Council, missed out the o in County.

Sounds like they know the council in my area :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, Deleted member 19654 and death137
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
Thanks for asking, buddy. Just been battling my hypomania on my end and trying to be mindful enough not to hop on a plane to the UK to guzzle some pints with some of my new SS mates.

I'm seeing a new neurologist and he has me on some new medication that he thinks will smooth out my moods and help my fibromyalgia and help my peripheral neuropathy symptoms. Fingers crossed.

No unfortunately I think I was reaching, and got shot down with a hurtful note informing me I was seeking companionship out of my league. The note said something about "get real" and "dream on".

Plenty of fish in the sea.....

Fibromyalgia is a hard battle to fight in life. And hypomania must suck big time. I hope your new meds help you! Yeah, probably better not to jump on a plane to meet random SS-ers:wink: Have a good day, mate! Glad to see you back.

• Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Once I was on german discord chat (I used to study German so I thought writing with Germans would help me and it went pretty well...) and someone wrote 'NANI?!?'. I wanted to humorously respond 'Yes I am NANI' but it auto corrected to 'Yes I am NAZI'. I was banned soon after.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, sufferingalways, Deleted member 19654 and 2 others
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Once I was on german discord chat (I used to study German so I thought writing with Germans would help me and it went pretty well...) and someone wrote 'NANI?!?'. I wanted to humorously respond 'Yes I am NANI' but it auto corrected to 'Yes I am NAZI'. I was banned soon after.

Oh nooo!

A friend who was returning home sent a text "im on my back, see you shortly." :pfff:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: XYZ, Deleted member 19654, Chupacabra 44 and 1 other person