Kaczka86

Kaczka86

Looking for...?
Dec 15, 2019
I hate my family for making me like this. I hate me for believing in what I see.

My mom have two kids, me and my half sister. She and my dad divorced because of him. Cheated and was emotionally abusive, even almost physically. After this, mom made second kid with someone who she didn't even love. They are separate. I'll skip this part where she was favouring her second kid.

My grandparents are married but all I always heard was "I would get divorce with him if I knew before". Again, my grandfather is emotionally abusive, sometimes almost physically.

My aunt is married, but again, my uncle was abusive for a long time.

What I learned from my family? Being in a relationship is not worth it. Men can hurt you. You'll never be financially stable because, well... life. Alcoholism is everywhere and sooner or later will come, also to you.

The worst part is that I know. I know it's not always like this. I know it depends on a person. But still, I'm scared. Deep inside... I have this fear of becoming like them. Of being in a relationship and being treated like every women in my family. And of not being able to make living.

I'm scared to trust in anything, anyone...and in me.

• Love
Reactions: Kassender, EgressiveLolixir, BlessedOffal and 1 other person
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Men in my family are a**h****.. that's why I never wanna get married because then there's that attachment
I'm not saying all men are like this though. I just don't want marriage based on my own family experience.

• Love
Reactions: EgressiveLolixir and Kaczka86
BlessedOffal

BlessedOffal

Oct 2, 2019
You're already not them. Even if it doesn't seem like it, the lessons they've taught you are valuable. It takes significant strength and insight to recognize patterns and dysfunctions. I have no doubt that if you fall for a man who winds up treating you badly, you'll have the strength to walk away.

You're you. A shining light of insight.

• Love
Reactions: cowbain, EgressiveLolixir and Kaczka86
Kaczka86

Kaczka86

Looking for...?
Dec 15, 2019
You're already not them. Even if it doesn't seem like it, the lessons they've taught you are valuable. It takes significant strength and insight to recognize patterns and dysfunctions. I have no doubt that if you fall for a man who winds up treating you badly, you'll have the strength to walk away.

You're you. A shining light of insight.
Your words really gave me this warm feeling inside. Thank you! :heart:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BlessedOffal and EgressiveLolixir