Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Today I told my mom one of the things that's been weighing down my self esteem and my mental health for a long time and she was not accepting and not supportive either. She suggested an alternative, one that was worse than things I have tried to fix the certain issue so it wasn't very helpful. She wasn't supportive with actions or words, and said that my dad would never accept this. This was probably the final thing that will bring me to ctb. I'm still trying to process what happened and I think I'm still in this dissociative stage where I'm not even sure if what happened was real or not. I'm absolutely heartbroken by the response.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: AJ., Tabbyql, Élégie and 7 others
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Hey I can relate to a certain extent.
You did right for telling them perhaps though. Having that stuff hidden, with no way to be expressed can be... Very hard to deal and cope with.
Of course though, their views are different. If only people would have given us more freedom I guess but, it is what it is.
First time for me, I felt the same thing where you said you were not sure if it's real or not.
I am sorry it caused you a great amount of pain and suffering though, the way they have reacted.

Reactions: Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Hey I can relate to a certain extent.
You did right for telling them perhaps though. Having that stuff hidden, with no way to be expressed can be... Very hard to deal and cope with.
Of course though, their views are different. If only people would have given us more freedom I guess but, it is what it is.
First time for me, I felt the same thing where you said you were not sure if it's real or not.
I am sorry it caused you a great amount of pain and suffering though, the way they have reacted.
Yeah I feel empty, I don't even feel sad or angry I just feel like the only thing to do is ctb. I daydreamed and imagined many positive ways of how this situation could have turned out (me telling my parents about my issue) and of course the negative one had to be true.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Damn, I am so sorry though! I guess it's never meant to be easy... With how everything is set in this World.
I wish they could have supported you more.

• Love
Reactions: Nymph
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
She suggested an alternative, one that was worse than things I have tried to fix the certain issue so it wasn't very helpful. She wasn't supportive with actions or words, and said that my dad would never accept this. This was probably the final thing that will bring me to ctb.
I realize that you were intentionally vague, but are you willing to share any more information. I wonder if there's anything we can do or say to help. Remember that even if your family doesn't accept or support you, there are others who will. You can't define who your blood relations are, but you can define who you consider "family."

Reactions: Tabbyql
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your parents, especially your mother. My family isn't necessarily supportive in the sense of understanding so I don't really open up to them and also the people around me. This community is full of supportive people though and there are others who will relate to you and respect your perspective and grievances. I wish you peace and comfort though. :hug: