blessedgengar

blessedgengar

Jul 28, 2021
Are you also sick of fake smiling? I have depression and I am not very often doing well but I hide my mood a lot espacially in front of strangers. I do that because I don't want to be an so called emo or something else. But I am getting sick of this behavior just to be "normal" and others don't know I have depression or not to get into uncomfortable situations.

What do you think about it, are you like that yourself?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld, Tomoko, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 6 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Mmm, I can kinda relate. It used to be pretty difficult for me to hide my depression. Which is just hilarious because I think my family still only believes I've been depressed for ~2 years. Lol.

but honestly at this point I'm so used to the fake shit, it just kinda happens. A lot of people somehow think I'm calm, cheery, perky, upbeat, whatever. Fine with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay and blessedgengar
Sra_TZ

Sra_TZ

Walking Disaster
Mar 6, 2021
I have been hiding it for so long that it's about the only reaction I'm used to. I smile when I need to smile, laugh when I need to laugh, talk when I need to talk- just to pass off as a sane "normal" member of society.

Referring to a depressed person as emo is about the dumbest thing I have heard but then again, society is dumb for the most part.

I know it can be overwhelmingly difficult to fake it all the time. If you ever need to talk, feel free to drop me a message! ❤️
~S

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, BitterlyAlive_ and blessedgengar
blessedgengar

blessedgengar

Jul 28, 2021
Thank you all for your feedback :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and BitterlyAlive_
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Im sick of pretending that im happy when talking to people in my everyday life or when im at work.
Screenshot 20210830 1450212

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Sprite_Geist and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Are you also sick of fake smiling? I have depression and I am not very often doing well but I hide my mood a lot espacially in front of strangers. I do that because I don't want to be an so called emo or something else. But I am getting sick of this behavior just to be "normal" and others don't know I have depression or not to get into uncomfortable situations.

What do you think about it, are you like that yourself?
You have only one person to answer to, and that's you.

Do what you feel is the real you, someone you can answer to as real. You don't owe a smile to anyone.

Reactions: AtMostOkay, aviation and blessedgengar
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes! Completely! Not many people in public appreciate the effort of being happy anyway - from personal experience - and some will even try to actively destroy said efforts - ask anybody who has a retail job.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and blessedgengar
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, to me there is nothing worth smiling about. Existing is miserable. I find it really tiring putting on a front for others, because if I appear to be unhappy they will ask questions and that is a thing I dislike.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, AtMostOkay and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
nex

nex

Student
May 3, 2021
I don't even think about it anymore. I smile in situations where it seems appropriate. This is not a conscious decision anymore, it just happens subconsciously. I just do what I feel is expected of me. Others probably don't get it, but to me my smile reeks of death.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AtMostOkay and blessedgengar
aviation

aviation

It's time to go home.
Jul 30, 2021
I've never seen a reason to not be genuine. Social validation has always felt an empty notion in this world, anyway. This makes people uncomfortable or scared or any variation of such, but I'd rather be alone and true to myself, than be accepted for an act. There can be no connection in the latter, anyway, so what even is there, then?

Reactions: blessedgengar and AtMostOkay