W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Anyone come across stories of people who have failed at hanging, specifically full suspension?

General hanging attempt thread

Will post what I find.

Some in here. A collective mix

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
Nobodysfault

Nobodysfault

"If my soul be lost, its nobodys fault but mine"
Mar 21, 2019
That was scary to read, hanging seems really uncertain.. i want to go with that method but our brain is already fucked and 'choking' it will cause more harm and not necessarily death..chances are we will wake up in an even worse condition than we were.
most people lose consciousness and then wake up or in other words fail, choking you brain doesnt shut down the lights so easily, its a slow, painful and uncertain process that will leave you with severe problems.

Reactions: Jen0804, puppy9, whyidon'tknow and 1 other person
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Planning and simplicity are best for this method. If done correctly, being discovered early is the only way it can fail.

Reactions: Circles, puppy9 and whyidon'tknow
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
The only details of my failure I can share is a pulled tendon in my neck from struggling against the rope. Thats because I cant even suffocate myself to the point of passing out right :) SI is a bitch

• Hugs
Reactions: Jen0804, Soul and Circles
J

Jen0804

Gone
Feb 24, 2019
I was found hanging four years ago and still have severe memory problems. I was in a wheelchair or about a year a year because brain coulsnt handle me walking I lost all my coordination i.e. Left /right/ when I'd stand still I wss permanently dizzy and had to hold on to walls and lean against I think just to walk by myself. I was stupid though and did it in the psych ward after finding my way into a (what the staff thought was) a locked and unused bathroom. They looked everywhere couldn't Find me but eventually looked in the bathroom and I was out. They said I starved my brain of oxygen and killed off cells and that it may get better in a year but it never really did

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: laila888, Soul, Circles and 2 others
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
I was found hanging four years ago and still have severe memory problems. I was in a wheelchair or about a year a year because brain coulsnt handle me walking I lost all my coordination i.e. Left /right/ when I'd stand still I wss permanently dizzy and had to hold on to walls and lean against I think just to walk by myself. I was stupid though and did it in the psych ward after finding my way into a (what the staff thought was) a locked and unused bathroom. They looked everywhere couldn't Find me but eventually looked in the bathroom and I was out. They said I starved my brain of oxygen and killed off cells and that it may get better in a year but it never really did
I'm sorry you had to go through that:( sounds terrible, especially to be wheelchair bound

Was it full or partial?
Did it hurt? How long until you lost consciousness?

Reactions: Jen0804 and Circles
Kokobushi_bae26

Kokobushi_bae26

hey...yeah, I’m here too
Jun 7, 2019

Oh my goodness ;-; I am so so sorry.That sounds horrible, I hope you are able to find peace

• Hugs
Reactions: Jen0804
J

Jen0804

Gone
Feb 24, 2019
I'm sorry you had to go through that:( sounds terrible, especially to be wheelchair bound

Was it full or partial?
Did it hurt? How long until you lost consciousness?
Hugs

I am ok now aside from memory problems

It was partial but the hook for the ligature was very high up and I was sat on the floor- not hanging as such but still I think that's partial

It took a while but I think that's because at first I was too scared to make the final step (sitting down completely with all weight) I kinda tried putting some weight in hopes it would still work but when I heard staff voices getting closer I just did it and it really wasn't long just long enough for me to feel the effects of cutting off blood, my ears ringing my face swelling and then it just went black. I felt like I was in a dark room just black. They carried scissors in a clipboard and they cut it off and I came to. I guess I wasn't out for too long. I took a deep breath in and was really exhausted, lay down and remember sitting up on the bed feeling like I was gonna fall off it. Balance went entirely. Then they kept me in for five months. Worst year ever They were so mad at me
I'm guessing maybe 45 seconds at most. That's what it felt like but could've been less. Definitely less than a minute

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul and whyidon'tknow
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Hugs

I am ok now aside from memory problems

It was partial but the hook for the ligature was very high up and I was sat on the floor- not hanging as such but still I think that's partial

It took a while but I think that's because at first I was too scared to make the final step (sitting down completely with all weight) I kinda tried putting some weight in hopes it would still work but when I heard staff voices getting closer I just did it and it really wasn't long just long enough for me to feel the effects of cutting off blood, my ears ringing my face swelling and then it just went black. I felt like I was in a dark room just black. They carried scissors in a clipboard and they cut it off and I came to. I guess I wasn't out for too long. I took a deep breath in and was really exhausted, lay down and remember sitting up on the bed feeling like I was gonna fall off it. Balance went entirely. Then they kept me in for five months. Worst year ever They were so mad at me
I'm guessing maybe 45 seconds at most. That's what it felt like but could've been less. Definitely less than a minute

5 months yeeesh. Internet hugs all around

• Hugs
Reactions: Jen0804
J

Jen0804

Gone
Feb 24, 2019
Yeah. I told them I was really happy and planned to get married and they felt pleased for me and let me go. Was a lie and I hated that I had to lie my way out but they wanted to send me to a long term hospital after that for two years. They really went mental on keeping me in. I was lucky to get out

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Yeah. I told them I was really happy and planned to get married and they felt pleased for me and let me go. Was a lie and I hated that I had to lie my way out but they wanted to send me to a long term hospital after that for two years. They really went mental on keeping me in. I was lucky to get out

How was the pain when you attempted?

J

Jen0804

Gone
Feb 24, 2019
How was the pain when you attempted?
It was a pressure in my head. I guess the building blood pressure in my skull... it was around 7/10... more alarming than painful but yes it hurt to me. But my ligature was kind of thin too so maybe that contributed

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
It was a pressure in my head. I guess the building blood pressure in my skull... it was around 7/10... more alarming than painful but yes it hurt to me. But my ligature was kind of thin too so maybe that contributed

Thank you for being so honest with your experience. Sending you love and kindness <3