• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

Hunter2005

Experienced
Apr 15, 2023
Do you guys here that stupid theory if you commit suicide, you will have to face the same lesson again that pushed you over the edge? Like I'll be darned if I have to face my same situation again.

• Love
Reactions: ScoreCard, Ghostgirl, divinemistress36 and 5 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I've heard this as well, but hopefully I don't get reincarnated again. I'm just fundamentally unfit for this world due to Asperger's/autism. I wonder if there's any past life cause of this…

Reactions: MyChoiceAlone, divinemistress36 and Homo erectus
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Do you guys here that stupid theory if you commit suicide, you will have to face the same lesson again that pushed you over the edge? Like I'll be darned if I have to face my same situation again.
We are in 2024, listen to science not to these stupid things.

Reactions: LastFlowers, MyChoiceAlone, Hollowman and 5 others
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I do not believe in reincarnation

Reactions: MyChoiceAlone, Hollowman, Linda and 2 others
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I don't understand how this theory works. There must be something different to make a different exit possible. If not, it would be just the same journey happening again, an endless loop. What's different, personality, family, health, society? Then is it the same person reliving it again?

Reactions: MyChoiceAlone, TiredOfAllThis and sserafim
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I would Like to believe that but then i think about the countless insects and Worms that live in this world. Just think about all the bacteria which also seem to be alive, how can so many separate souls exist? And then its just Planet earth

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, anything like that is completely fictional to me. I believe death to simply be the absence of everything, once we lose consciousness that is it for us, we are gone, it comforts me to think of permanently ceasing to exist.

Reactions: Homo erectus, ijustwishtodie, Hunter2005 and 3 others
Lunaloveflood

Lunaloveflood

Dec 27, 2019
Yes all the time and it kinda exaust me
it's one of the reason why i'm trying to stay alive but it's also so masochist of me to hold on to that thought even in my darkest moment It's like i'm always judging myself responsible for my reactions to the injustice i'm living In a way i am but i'm also only human and i don't always know how to cope

Reactions: Homo erectus, MyChoiceAlone and sserafim
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I see no evidence for reincarnation, so I don't believe in reincarnation. I didn't reach that conclusion lightly. I put a lot of effort into investigating the topic in my late teens and early twenties.

Reactions: iwanttohugthetrees, Homo erectus, MyChoiceAlone and 2 others
T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
Or dodge that crap entirely. I would want it to be true.

Reactions: Homo erectus, Hunter2005 and sserafim
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I've heard that but not as a punishment but because your soul wants to try to learn the lesson over. Nobody knows maybe we will find out when we die

Reactions: Homo erectus, JezebelDuLioncourt, _Minsk and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I've heard that but not as a punishment but because your soul wants to try to learn the lesson over. Nobody knows maybe we will find out when we die
How are you even supposed to know what the lesson is though?

Reactions: Hunter2005, TiredOfAllThis, MyChoiceAlone and 1 other person
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
not heard of this but sort of like catholics saying you'd go straight to hell? didn't religion start in the middle east? lots of terrorists there and they'll tell you that if you strap a bomb on yourself and killed some enemies, you'd be going to heaven and be granted a harem of virgins.

someone said something about living the same life in order to learn some lesson. same life? how would that be done? would everyone in your current life living or deceased be dragged away from what they were doing just for you to learn that lesson?

Reactions: Hunter2005, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
What exactly are we supposed to learn?

Reactions: Homo erectus, _Minsk, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
science has never been the end all be all of what there is to the world we live in and beyond

Reactions: Homo erectus, Hunter2005, lebrodude and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
What exactly are we supposed to learn?
The fact that we don't even know what we're supposed to learn leads me to believe that this world might be a prison planet. If earth were really a school, we'd know what we have to learn

Reactions: uzuf86, Homo erectus and divinemistress36
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
The fact that we don't even know what we're supposed to learn leads me to believe that this world might be a prison planet. If earth were really a school, we'd know what we have to learn
What if we leave this planet, are we still in prison?

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022

To be fair science can't tell you anything about what occurs after death (if anything) apart from the decomposition of the body.

Only sure thing is we will all find out when we die. Unless there is nothing, in which case we won't know anyway.
I don't understand how this theory works. There must be something different to make a different exit possible. If not, it would be just the same journey happening again, an endless loop. What's different, personality, family, health, society? Then is it the same person reliving it again?

I had a dream (well nightmare is probably a better description) that we live our lives over and over again for eternity.

Now I wouldn't be totally against that idea if we had some sort of free will or perhaps the variables in a new incarnation were then changed. For example, if you were more intelligent, better looking, wiser.

However if it's just this same identical life with identical choices….hard pass.

I'd even maybe have to pass on the first option too as that opens up the possibility of infinite amount of worse lives than the current one.

Yeah maybe non existence is the way to go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus, sserafim and divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
What if we leave this planet, are we still in prison?
Not sure actually. I think that if you escape the soul trap, you go back home to where you really came from (nobody knows where that is, probably somewhere in the galaxy or universe?)

Reactions: Homo erectus and R_N
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I don't think this would happen. I was reading some posts on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/singularity/ which made me think that this world (civilization) had not been around for a very long (less than 200 years). By around 2030, when AI becomes mature and takes over, it will be end time for this world. A new world will begin (at a scale equivalent to the second coming of Jesus). The current human form will be unsuitable and extinct. Our present knowledge and worries will be irrelevant. Life, if exists at all, will be completely different.There will be no "same lesson" to return to.

Reactions: sserafim
offtoseethewizard

offtoseethewizard

Student
Aug 19, 2023
I see no evidence for reincarnation, so I don't believe in reincarnation. I didn't reach that conclusion lightly. I put a lot of effort into investigating the topic in my late teens and early twenties.
You don't think certain past life memory stories with verification muddy the waters at least a little?

For sure most of them objectively seem to have holes due to dubious research practices. But to be completely sure it's all fufu…I can't quite get to that point

And I know children make things up all the time. But even still, some of the stories are pretty freaky

NDEs on the other hand…well I think Susan Blakemore's arguments actually put that one to bed for me pretty comprehensively

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
You don't think certain past life memory stories with verification muddy the waters at least a little?

For sure most of them objectively seem to have holes due to dubious research practices. But to be completely sure it's all fufu…I can't quite get to that point

And I know children make things up all the time. But even still, some of the stories are pretty freaky

NDEs on the other hand…well I think Susan Blakemore's arguments actually put that one to bed for me pretty comprehensively
I think I already answered your question. I have seen a lot of what passes for "evidence", and for those cases where it is possible to subject the "evidence" to close examination, it always proves to be nothing of the sort. I'm not going to give any credence to stories that can not be scrutinised closely.

• Informative
Reactions: offtoseethewizard and sserafim
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
Reincarnation? Not sure how that is possible.
I wasn't there in the last 2000 years so I don't even know how I got here. When I'm gone I'll settle back into nothingness, just like before I was born.

But again, to innocent people dying in wars and other natural calamities, their right to live gets stripped out of nowhere and they are forced to lose their chance forever. The only thing that makes it fair for them is reincarnation, if at all there is anything fair about nature.

offtoseethewizard

offtoseethewizard

Student
Aug 19, 2023
I think I already answered your question. I have seen a lot of what passes for "evidence", and for those cases where it is possible to subject the "evidence" to close examination, it always proves to be nothing of the sort. I'm not going to give any credence to stories that can not be scrutinised closely.
That's completely fair enough I think. And I'm more or less where you are as well, something's holding me just on the cusp though. Sigh. It'd be nice

Reactions: Linda and sserafim
untothedepths

untothedepths

Your right. Your life.
Mar 20, 2023
I never heard of that theory and I already hate it. Whats the point in punishing me for 1. Having to handle situations I had no control over and 2. not remembering I CBT'd. It doesn't do me any good if I can't remember. And no, deva ju isn't strong enough of a feeling.