• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Malletboy

Malletboy

Nov 27, 2019
So I've come to my wits end with life and have decided to CTB. I've been doing light research on the different methods to go for the last 2 years (on and off) and recently came across Exsanguination. It seems to be the least painful and messy (with proper preparation) method I can find. I'm willing to deal with the mild discomfort
Most people in this camp usually mention cutting or stabbing themselves to bleed to death. I've seen a couple people on various websites going with a needle approach- essentially sticking a needle into the crook of their arm and draining several liters of blood until they pass out.

I've got several questions for anyone who might have some knowledge on the subject:
- What materials would I need to actually achieve this method?
I'd obviously need a needle and a bucket to drain the blood. But I've seen mention of tubing and different needle sizes to achieve this successfully? Is that all I really need to get the blood to drain? I remember seeing someone mention using a pump to draw the blood within minutes. If I go with just the needle, how long would it take for my body to drain of blood?
- How to avoid my innate survival instincts?
I've seen mention of blood clotting with this method that prevents it from being successful. I also saw some people mention using alcohol and aspirin to prevent clotting and to thin out the blood. Is there anything else i should worry about? And will these two things help avoid clotting?
- Should I take any drugs and how do I acquire them?
Some people have mentioned taking drugs (I saw Benzos as a suggestion) to make this experience more comfortable. Anything else I should be aware of or should I just avoid drugs in general?
- Becoming a "vegetable" after a failed attempt?
I'm really worried about a failed suicide attempt leading me to be some brain dead shell of a human. What is the possibility that a failed attempt would lead to this?

I also have started preparing for the day to come. I've finished writing my suicide note and have begun writing goodbye letters to the people who matter the most to me. I plan on cleaning my home and clearing/cleaning out my computer and iDevices so no one stumbles upon anything they shouldn't see. I plan on having some final conversations on the phone with some of my friends and family the day of for closure. Any other preparations you folks can think of that I should take to make this transition smooth and clean?

The plan as of right now is to get a nice buzz from a few alcoholic drinks, pop some aspirin and leave my letters out in plain sight in my bedroom. Then pop the needle in and begin draining the blood while taking a warm bath (to counteract the drop in temperature as I get closer to the end). I have a roommate but I plan on doing this during his work hours (he's working longer hours for the holidays). I'll leave him a text about taking a long bath to relax to keep him away from the bathroom should he decide to come back early for some random reason. I plan to leave a note on the door cautioning him to stay out of the bathroom once I'm gone and to call the cops to deal with the aftermath.
What do you guys think?

ReneeSuicideAccount

ReneeSuicideAccount

Jun 3, 2019
It's actually not easy to do this I've self harmed by bloodletting for a long time now and it's totally a skill that you have to work on your first time bloodletting you'd be lucky to get 100-200mls

that being said once you figured it out it can be fatal quite easy, I can drain out over a L of blood so fast it is still warm when I'm done.

your body will fight you once you get into super low blood levels your body will start to cut off blood flow to your limbs. I don't really have a way to counteract this aside from blood thinners, even then it would be hard to die right away. Death with this method is normally slow and comes from over working your heart.

I've never tried an artery the ones in your wrist are super easy to hit (I've stick them) maybe seeing as they can't be shut by your body as easy that will be the way to die faster?

charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
i've been contemplating bloodletting as a method too.

i hear aspirin thins the blood. i assume many other substances do too. you just need to research it. i tried doing this as a method of self harm but couldn't hit a vein or artery... it must be hard to do without professional training, and even with it i've had nurses miss my vessels when trying to draw blood... from observing them when they're doing blood tests, i reckon it comes to luck and perseverance. i wish you the best.

@ReneeSuicideAccount i hope you're doing well. i see you often on the self harm site...

ReneeSuicideAccount

ReneeSuicideAccount

Jun 3, 2019

i hear aspirin thins the blood. i assume many other substances do too. you just need to research it. i tried doing this as a method of self harm but couldn't hit a vein or artery... it must be hard to do without professional training, and even with it i've had nurses miss my vessels when trying to draw blood... from observing them when they're doing blood tests, i reckon it comes to luck and perseverance. i wish you the best.

@ReneeSuicideAccount i hope you're doing well. i see you often on the self harm site...

I wouldn't be Renee if I was ok but I appreciate that you care for what it's worth I hope you are doing as good as you can.

Bloodletting is hard to be good at you need an ass load of determination or be a phlebotomist

Malletboy

Malletboy

Nov 27, 2019
It's actually not easy to do this I've self harmed by bloodletting for a long time now and it's totally a skill that you have to work on your first time bloodletting you'd be lucky to get 100-200mls

that being said once you figured it out it can be fatal quite easy, I can drain out over a L of blood so fast it is still warm when I'm done.

your body will fight you once you get into super low blood levels your body will start to cut off blood flow to your limbs. I don't really have a way to counteract this aside from blood thinners, even then it would be hard to die right away. Death with this method is normally slow and comes from over working your heart.

I've never tried an artery the ones in your wrist are super easy to hit (I've stick them) maybe seeing as they can't be shut by your body as easy that will be the way to die faster?

see I plan on avoiding self-harm/cutting because it's way too messy and painful. I'm draining through needle and syringe but I don't know how reliable that method will be. I'm also worried it might take too long. I can't find any information on the process of the simple way. I might have to bite the bullet and buy a pump that will help drain the blood quickly- someone on another site gave a detailed account of how he set his up and how he could correct it so that it didn't fail next time. (Idk if I'm allowed to post said quote, but if anyone knows if this is allowed then let me know)

im a pretty skinny guy and my veins pop out from my skin pretty well. I'm not sure if hitting the vein would be enough or if I actually would have to hit an artery to drain enough blood. I do remember seeing a nurse have a hard time drawing blood from my vein but according to other doctors she was god awful at her job.

Last edited: