T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Hi there. I know that meto could be useful 6 months after expiring date. Mine expired last October. Question is:can I use it in April?

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Hi there. I know that meto could be useful 6 months after expiring date. Mine expired last October. Question is:can I use it in April?
Medications just become less potent after their expiry date. So it'll work but not as well as if it was in date.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
As mentioned by another, and not going to guarantee or say what to do with them, they'll just less potent.

Seriously I've taken meds before that were 5 years old, and they STILL had an effect. Not as much, but I could tell they did something.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and TimeToBiteTheDust
LivedTooLong

LivedTooLong

Avoidant
Apr 26, 2018
Sorry to bump this thread, and I know that medications still retain some potency long after their expiration date. I have some meto which expired in 2017, though, and was wondering if anyone had some idea how much would be enough to take with SN for the desired effect. (I know it will just be an estimate, but just curious if anyone has a ballpark range).

G

GlowingCactus

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Sorry to bump this thread, and I know that medications still retain some potency long after their expiration date. I have some meto which expired in 2017, though, and was wondering if anyone had some idea how much would be enough to take with SN for the desired effect. (I know it will just be an estimate, but just curious if anyone has a ballpark range).

You can't know for sure. I took the time to read these articles which are about drugs in general, not metoclopramide specifically :

Based on the information in them, here's what I would personally do if I were in your situation, keep in mind this is just my opinion :
1) If possible, get meto which is not expired and use that instead
2) If not, use the expired meto but without increasing the dosage at all or only a little as it's possible that it's still quite potent.
The stat dose is already quite a high dosage when you look at what it says on the medical leaflet (understandable considering we need the effect to be strong to avoid vomiting the poison) so if I took even more, I'd be worried that the drug was still more potent than expected and end up ingesting much more than recommended, increasing
the risk of side-effects, some of which can be particularly nasty. Nausea and vomiting are some of the possible side-effects, it would be counter-productive.

Also I would prepare a second dose of SN to drink in case I vomit.

Edit : I forgot about the possibility of a meto regimen over 2 days, if you decide to increase the dosage, it may be a safer option since it would be accumulating in your system gradually rather than taking a lot once so if you get problematic side-effects, you'd have the time to notice before taking the SN.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and LivedTooLong