• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Singing In The Rain

Singing In The Rain

Student
Oct 29, 2018
Someone was saying on YouTube that because helium, argon, nitrogen are inert gases, that you only need to fill the exit bag once and keep breathing that in in order to pass out and then die from asphyxiation. Is that true or not?

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm just wondering where does all the excess gas go if its just constantly flowing from the tank at 15lpm and into the bag?

Like how do you make sure the bag doesn't pop, if it's just being constantly filled with gas?
Does it leak out the bottom of the bag?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, onewayroad and Deafsn0w
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
No the bag wont pop. There needs to be a constant flow of gas for the method to work. The reason the needs to be a small gap at the bottom is for the exhailed air that you will produce otherwise that will build up in the bag amd as it contains CO2 it will set off your bodys alarm that co2 levels are rising. Just make sure there is enough gas in the tank for say 40mins of constant air flow, a gap enough so the bag doesnt pop and should be fine.

Have a look at the exit videos, there are also resourses on here to look at. Research over and over, you need to be comfortabke with the method if you want it to work

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, onewayroad, Deafsn0w and 2 others
C

Cody111

Student
Nov 16, 2018
If done right it should be a pretty good way to ctb.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, onewayroad, Singing In The Rain and 1 other person
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I replied to your PM, but the short version is as Shewaitsforme describes: you need a constant flow of inert gas to flush away the CO2 in your exhalations. The bag won't pop because you use an elastic drawcord around your neck, which is snug enough to keep in adequate gas for asphyxiation, but has enough flex to allow excess gas to escape.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, onewayroad and 2 others
Singing In The Rain

Singing In The Rain

Student
Oct 29, 2018
Thanks for the responses.

So the CO2 that we breathe out, plus excess inert gas should be flushed out the bottom of the bag through the slight gap. If I understand correctly.

Does the body still produce CO2 if I'm breathing only inert gas though and no oxygen?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla, onewayroad and 1 other person
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018

So the CO2 that we breathe out, plus excess inert gas should be flushed out the bottom of the bag through the slight gap. If I understand correctly.

Does the body still produce CO2 if I'm breathing only inert gas though and no oxygen?

Yes it will do, dont know how long for tho. The key is after your first deep breath in when the bags down over your head is to breathe as normally as you can so you will still be exhailing. If thats not allowed to empty out the bag will just fill up. By having a free flow of nitrogen your allowing the bag to stay as oxygen free as possible.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Fucking loving it, onewayroad and 2 others
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018

Yes, you understand that correctly. Don't worry about any "slight gap," though; the elastic has enough stretch that even the low, consistant pressure of the gas flowing into the eb is perfectly adequate to vent excess N2 and allow that venting to carry off the CO2.

CO2 is a natural product of human metabolism and has very little to do with whatever gas is mixed with the O2 we need. As an example, ultra-deep divers use "heliox" --a mixture of helium and oxygen-- when working at extreme depths, rather than compressed air, which is effectively a nitrogen-oxygen blend. Those divers still produce CO2.

What you're doing when you put that N2-filled eb over your head is immersing yourself in an atmophere where there is no O2 to replace the O2 already in your bloodstream. But there's still a lot of O2 flowing through your veins, that you've already been breathing in for the entire day. The process of asphyxiation is about giving your body time to release all that O2 --in the form of CO2-- without it being replaced by new O2.

You will continue to produce CO2 until your very last breath, because that's what breathing is about: exchanging CO2 for O2. For that matter, your cells will still continue to produce CO2 even after you're technically dead: CO2 is part of metabolism on a cellular level, and even when your circulatory system shuts down, cellular function will continue until all the cells themselves run out of any residual O2 still in your body. Your brain needs an enormous amount of O2, so it will shut down relatively quickly and take the rest of your system down with it, but your muscles, intestines, whatever, that don't need as much O2, will still keep rumbling along , producing CO2, for a few minutes anyway. There just won't be any blood flow to carry the CO2 to your lungs where, had you not decided to ctb, it would be exhaled.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, samsays89 and 3 others
Singing In The Rain

Singing In The Rain

Student
Oct 29, 2018
Thanks @TiredHorse

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and onewayroad
Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
No the bag wont pop. There needs to be a constant flow of gas for the method to work. The reason the needs to be a small gap at the bottom is for the exhailed air that you will produce otherwise that will build up in the bag amd as it contains CO2 it will set off your bodys alarm that co2 levels are rising. Just make sure there is enough gas in the tank for say 40mins of constant air flow, a gap enough so the bag doesnt pop and should be fine.

Have a look at the exit videos, there are also resourses on here to look at. Research over and over, you need to be comfortabke with the method if you want it to work

I'm sorry if this has been answered but do carbon monoxide detectors go off? I'm able to obtain a 40 p liter nitrogen tank. Will that work? For an added cost they will provide the regulator and tubing.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I'm sorry if this has been answered but do carbon monoxide detectors go off? I'm able to obtain a 40 p liter nitrogen tank. Will that work? For an added cost they will provide the regulator and tubing.
Consumer-grade gas detectors are typically very gas-specific --so no, a CO detector will not go off in the presence of N2.

I don't know what a "40 p liter" tank is. Cylinder sizes are non-standard all around the world, and I only know the ones in the US. If you're in the US, and it's a "40", then yes, that's a 40 cubic foot tank and that's more than enough. But call and check, if you're unsure. To ctb you need at least 600 litres of total gas, at a minimum.

If you're buying a regulator, make sure it will give you a flow rate of at least 15Lpm (liters per minute). If you are phoning the company and want to ask about this obliquely, you can just ask what the maximum flow rate on the regulator is. They might give it to you in cubic feet per hour (Cfh), so you may need to take that number and translate it into Lpm.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Smilla
Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
Consumer-grade gas detectors are typically very gas-specific --so no, a CO detector will not go off in the presence of N2.

I don't know what a "40 p liter" tank is. Cylinder sizes are non-standard all around the world, and I only know the ones in the US. If you're in the US, and it's a "40", then yes, that's a 40 cubic foot tank and that's more than enough. But call and check, if you're unsure. To ctb you need at least 600 litres of total gas, at a minimum.

If you're buying a regulator, make sure it will give you a flow rate of at least 15Lpm (liters per minute). If you are phoning the company and want to ask about this obliquely, you can just ask what the maximum flow rate on the regulator is. They might give it to you in cubic feet per hour (Cfh), so you may need to take that number and translate it into Lpm.
Thank you so much. I want to make sure I ask the right questions not to have them question why I need the tank. I am in the us and I'm sure you are right about the tank.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals