M

mathquestions12345

Apr 17, 2018
I have made an exit hood based off the instruction of "Doing it with Chiï - Making an Exit Bag" and Peaceful Pill 2017 Edition.

I am creating a hood using 19 x 23.5 inch oven bags and some clear PVC.
The way the instructions talk about making the hood involves using the clear PVC with 1/4 inch inner diameter and 3/8 inch outer diameter. I find this pvc size hard to work with. Its stiff. It makes my bag get all scrunched up when I tape the pvc to the inside of my bag. What are your experiences making the hood? Any tips? Pictures?

Reactions: dano6533
Bouts of depression

Bouts of depression

Apr 28, 2018
I have not made one... but I have done a fair bit of plumbing work. Flexible piping exists.

The goal here is, correct me if I'm wrong, essentially a bag over your head that fills with some gas so you go to sleep and your brain dies from lack of oxygen. Right? I'd imagine that to be pretty difficult with a rigid pipe. I suppose a certain amount of epoxy would make the connection easier, while a flex fitting would accommodate a more natural fit from your bag to the source of the gas. (this epoxy I linked is super tough crap. I love it. But for a job this small, hot glue alone might work. But then it might not. I do recommend gluing bag to pipe though to prevent slippage and gaps that may occur. Keep in mind, when you glue things together, they now act as one. Stretch ot leeway you may have had before is now gone as it is part of the pipe.)

I've given this a bit of thought lately. I should look up what they have to say about the matter. This is not meant to be perfect advice, I really haven't researched this method thoroughly enough for that. I have just glued some things together that shouldn't go together and used a bit of flexible pvc to make impossible jobs easy.

Sorry I dont have specific information about getting a bag to sit right with their fitting ideas. Its just my 2 cents on what might make it easier to pull off.

Reactions: dano6533, Caerula and mathquestions12345
M

mathquestions12345

Apr 17, 2018
Thanks. Those are some good ideas. I found a slightly more flexible PVC at a plumbing store. I will look to see how it works.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
When I was going this route, I used a soft plastic hose, the size of the regulator output, and just fed it underneath the bag like it would run along your neck into the bag. Then I would have applied duct tape around my neck and the bag after I filled the bag with inert gas.

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
I snagged a nasal cannula during my last trip to the ER. It hooks perfectly onto the "christmas tree" outlet on my nitrogen regulator (it looks just like the "christmas trees" the hook onto on the wall of the hospital.) I cut the hose just before it bifurcates to form the nasal cannula part, leaving just the hose.