• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

laststop1!

Jan 27, 2021
I'm considering between the two setup options.
1) there is a freight harbor store near my place with the available Olsen flow meter for ar/co2 - the same that Tiredhorse from this forum used. When I went to the hardware store (ace), I had no idea what barb connector would fit a NRB mask and attach to the regulator since the threading is made for welding.

I believe @TiredHorse and @Greenberg worked on this set up together so any advice is appreciated

2) I'm also just considering a dining that regulator if I can't find the right connector and opting just for the simple escmode regulator and NRB combo - I believe @Greenberg has this set up

does the NRB mask that comes with escmode or most NRB masks in general for the barb outlet on the regulator?

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
1) there is a freight harbor store near my place with the available Olsen flow meter for ar/co2 - the same that Tiredhorse from this forum used. When I went to the hardware store (ace), I had no idea what barb connector would fit a NRB mask and attach to the regulator since the threading is made for welding.

I believe @TiredHorse and @Greenberg worked on this set up together so any advice is appreciated

2) I'm also just considering a dining that regulator if I can't find the right connector and opting just for the simple escmode regulator and NRB combo - I believe @Greenberg has this set up

does the NRB mask that comes with escmode or most NRB masks in general for the barb outlet on the regulator?
Hi, @laststop1!,

In general, all NRB mask comes with a gas tubing compatible with a barb outlet. The gas tubing is 0.25" in diameter.

Please feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020

Here is a hose barb adapter kit with nipple, nut, and hose clamp that can be purchased online from Airgas that fits 1/4" ID (inside diameter) tubing and I believe the flowmeter regulators WS sells. WS also sells many hose barb nipples and nuts also, and they can assist with choosing the correct items to fit one's needs if you wanted to use the 3/8" ID tubing you have. If you have trouble finding the items on their website, you may private message me.

I attached this adapter to the Olsen flowmeter regulator for Helium and Argon sold at HF, so I believe it should also fit the one you are referring to. These adapters aren't typically sold in hardware stores or at HF, so one must buy them from specialty welding suppliers.

You may PM me if you need further information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mare Imbrium