FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's true that existence causes nothing but suffering, all that existence has done is caused unnecessary pain and problems all throughout history. It's objectively such a terrible burden to be conscious and aware of this existence with the ability to suffer endlessly.

And this is why I will always see it as better to die as only the existing are capable of suffering, not the dead. Those who don't exist cannot mourn for how they lack the ability to, instead death is just nothingness. I believe this state of nothingness is all that's desirable, as one cannot be harmed by the absence of everything, all is forgotten about once one ceases to exist.

It's so horrible and irrational how humans wish to make suicide as inaccessible as possible and label suicide as the worst "tragedy" despite this reality, as suicide is the way to take control over the inevitable and prevent all unnecessary future suffering in an existence that just leads to decay and death anyway.

I see existence as the true problem with death being the solution, only death can bring peace from all suffering which is why it's so hellish and harmful how many humans wish to stop voluntary death as much as they can. Wanting suicide is all that could ever feel logical to me, to escape from an existence that was so harmfully imposed in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lycan, myusername890, Latubmen and 2 others
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
I see where you're coming from if I look at my own life.However generally still some part of my wishes, as a thread that was sticky here a while ago said, that my life fell apart at I don't know 60-70 years old instead of 23.Maybe it would have been better, even if every life no matter how happy, will eventually end with death and possibly even suffering.In other words I would prefer living a good life and having to ctb at 60 rather than in my 20s.I see this as an absolute injustice that has been dealt to me unfairly.

I only have this outlook you have In your posts regarding my life(and the lives of many people here). Generalizing this way of thinking feels a bit invalidating because it's engraved in my mind the thought that there are people who suffer and people who don't.I feel this way of thinking that everyone suffers the same also fuels pro life rhetoric such as the verious "we are all in this together" and "people are just bound to suffer"

I'll never ever let anyone say that a person who's genetics has handed everything on a silver plate suffer as much as me!!

L

Latubmen

Nov 18, 2023
It's so horrible and irrational how humans wish to make suicide as inaccessible as possible and label suicide as the worst "tragedy" despite this reality
Maybe the happier people just cannot imagine themselves that suicide can be something nice? Maybe it's not irrationality, but not understanding.
For instance, in my younger years I believed that death is something bad, I was full of optimism and I was angry when one older person became a chronic alcoholic and I was like "why don't you just fix your life, just stop drinking..." etc. And now when I am an adult myself, I can feel that person, no, I'm not an alcoholic, but I guess that I handle my life even worse overall.

What I wanted to say in short is that they genuinely might not understand.

They might perceive there world as ok place, and all the difficulties as natural, and they might think that despite that, still the life is worth living, at least until the moment they think no longer.

Or the other motivation for not legalizing of voluntarily suicide might be just a pragmatism of government. Let's imagine some powerful country where cbting becomes legal, life is stressful for all, a lot of people will cbt, society, military might suffer a lot, in the end military-wise this country might get weaker than another similar country but without legal cbt. Currently no countries heaved it legalized, but these who have approached the closest are far from "world's supernations", i.e. Switzerland, Netherlands, Canada.
If allowing cbt will be proven to be beneficial for governments in some way, I guess it would be allowed, but I think that even giving people idea of "if I f*ck up then I will just cbt" and the possible unpredictable aftermath might be scary for governments.
These are just my guesses.

If there will be a successful example of a country allowing cbt that will be proved beneficial for that country, others might follow. Just like with industrial revolution in England and shift from manual work to automated.
But to prove cbting useful one should have some data, some proofs, but cbt is probably tabooed in most religions and cultures, so there must be reason for that, maybe it's profitable for someone.

Conclusion: I suppose that either people don't understand, lack compassion, etc. or people see no profit in allowing cbt, or both.