• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
There needs to be the option of a permanent offswitch to existence, I despise how it's too much to ask for if one simply doesn't wish to exist as a conscious being and instead wishes to be permanently unaware, all I see as desirable is eternal nothingness, existence has caused me nothing but suffering.

I see it as a curse to be conscious and aware with the ability to suffer to extreme amounts in an existence there was never a need for in the first place that was always undesirable. It's evil how they impose human existence onto others and wish to make it so people cannot choose to die on their own terms, it's just so hellish how humans wish to prolong meaningless suffering all for no reason and no purpose. It will always be unacceptable how we cannot just choose to eternally offswitch our existence. I see no value in being conscious, such a thing is futile, completely unnecessary and just leads to harm.

I see no point in suffering in this existence when there are no disadvantages to being permanently unaware, all I wish for is an dreamless and eternal sleep where all is finally forgotten about. I'd always see it as better that this existence peacefully disappears into nothingness, having the option of an permanent offswitch would solve everything, it'd be a beautiful release from the evil that is existence.

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
IMO, if you create life, you should be mature enough to know the risks, and that things could go wrong. An optional opt-out should come in some way for that cases, instead of trying to hold into suicidal people against their will, and as much as possible

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
If the Grim Reaper appeared to all of us and gave us the option to fall asleep into a peaceful death, I honestly wonder just how many people would take it.
More than pro-lifers would think, definitely. I think that's partially why they're so opposed to expanding MAID. The reality of just how many people don't want to live might be too much to bear, it might break their entire belief system.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
But existence does have a permanent off switch? I mean we all have to be dead eventually after all. Though I do think that we should be able to access this permanent off switch whenever we get the chance to instead of relying on natural causes to make it happen.
More than pro-lifers would think, definitely. I think that's partially why they're so opposed to expanding MAID. The reality of just how many people don't want to live might be too much to bear, it might break their entire belief system.
I doubt that many don't want to live. Don't get me wrong, I do think that the suicide rate would increase if euthanasia is legal but I still don't think that many people would ctb to where it would oppose their entire belief system. Many people still are pro life after all. I think that, at best, only 1% to 2% of the entire human population would ctb if euthanasia was accessible. I don't like to admit it but many people genuinely do enjoy life. If they didn't, we wouldn't be involuntarily forcing people into hospitals if they even talk about being suicidal. I just hate at how they use the idea that many people enjoy life to act like "life being beautiful" is the ultimate, objective truth when it isn't

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I doubt that many don't want to live. Don't get me wrong, I do think that the suicide rate would increase if euthanasia is legal but I still don't think that many people would ctb to where it would oppose their entire belief system. Many people still are pro life after all. I think that, at best, only 1% to 2% of the entire human population would ctb if euthanasia was accessible. I don't like to admit it but many people genuinely do enjoy life. If they didn't, we wouldn't be involuntarily forcing people into hospitals if they even talk about being suicidal. I just hate at how they use the idea that many people enjoy life to act like "life being beautiful" is the ultimate, objective truth when it isn't
Good points, that could also be the case.

I think there are a lot of people who are kind of passively suicidal though, like they have thoughts about "wanting to disappear" or not wanting to wake up again. There are also plenty with chronic but mild depression, plenty who have had enough of life and are just ready to go. If given the chance for a peaceful exit, I think a lot of them would take it, since a major reason why people don't CTB is how much energy it takes/having to face the pain of dying.

Reactions: davidtorez