DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
It doesn't matter how much I sleep, I'm always exhausted. I'm so tired and thinking about it makes me tired and life makes me tired and trying to get better makes me tired and Therapy and literally everything. It doesn't help that I feel guilty all the time now and I'm scared to sleep because of nightmares. I feel so alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kaczka86, mediocre, Nem and 3 others
T

Tearygirl

I hate being alone. So please don't leave me.
Dec 1, 2019
Hope you can be better. I always suffering by nightmares and feeling guilty too. What makes you feel guilty? I want to help you if it is a kind of problem which can be helped. I will be with you, so please remember you are not alone :hug:

• Love
Reactions: DepressedAngel
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
Hope you can be better. I always suffering by nightmares and feeling guilty too. What makes you feel guilty? I want to help you if it is a kind of problem which can be helped. I will be with you, so please remember you are not alone :hug:
It isn't really something that can be fixed but thank you so much for replying!❤️

• Love
Reactions: Tearygirl
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
Are you 100 % sure it can't be fixed?
Umm I think feeling guilty can't be fixed, and I'm not sure if my depression will ever be cured so I'm not sure. The reason I say depression is because I feel being exhausted is a side effect of it. Kinda sucks :(

• Hugs
T

Tearygirl

I hate being alone. So please don't leave me.
Dec 1, 2019
Umm I think feeling guilty can't be fixed, and I'm not sure if my depression will ever be cured so I'm not sure. The reason I say depression is because I feel being exhausted is a side effect of it. Kinda sucks :(
What do you feel guilty about? For a specific one?

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

It's perfectly normal to be exhausted when you're depressed. Many depressions can actually be cured, but it takes time. I think you should talk to
Tearygirl because it will do you good.

DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
It's perfectly normal to be exhausted when you're depressed. Many depressions can actually be cured, but it takes time. I think you should talk to
Tearygirl because it will do you good.
I have been! She is lovely

• Love
Reactions: Tearygirl and Sensei
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea? This sounds an awful lot like that. I have it, and it's very disruptive. Even if you think you're sleeping a ton, you could actually be waking up all night long and not realizing it.

My sleep study showed that I was waking up 90 times per hour. But I didn't remember most of those times that all. I had no idea!

I have severe PTSD and my flashbacks mostly happen as nightmares. That was another thing that was waking me up at night or keeping me up period. I'm currently taking prazosin, which helps with the nightmares. If you are not taking that you might want to ask your doctor about it.

Two other things that I know for a fact can make you feel like you're just not getting enough sleep no matter what you do are low vitamin D and hypothyroidism.

Sometimes for vitamin D it's not enough to just take a multivitamin or something. I am on an extremely high prescription dose and I'm still deficient. I take two 50,000 IU pills a week but my level is 10 and they want it to be closer to 30.

Anyway, these are all easy to treat problems that make you feel like absolute hell and could all cause your symptoms + depression.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I look forward to going to sleep. When I can drift off I sleep fine. Then I have the problem of getting up. I could go into a deep sleep for 12 hours and feel like I haven't slept at all. There is no escape from my physical pain. My body is torturing me every second.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea? This sounds an awful lot like that. I have it, and it's very disruptive. Even if you think you're sleeping a ton, you could actually be waking up all night long and not realizing it.

My sleep study showed that I was waking up 90 times per hour. But I didn't remember most of those times that all. I had no idea!

I have severe PTSD and my flashbacks mostly happen as nightmares. That was another thing that was waking me up at night or keeping me up period. I'm currently taking prazosin, which helps with the nightmares. If you are not taking that you might want to ask your doctor about it.

Two other things that I know for a fact can make you feel like you're just not getting enough sleep no matter what you do are low vitamin D and hypothyroidism.

Sometimes for vitamin D it's not enough to just take a multivitamin or something. I am on an extremely high prescription dose and I'm still deficient. I take two 50,000 IU pills a week but my level is 10 and they want it to be closer to 30.

Anyway, these are all easy to treat problems that make you feel like absolute hell and could all cause your symptoms + depression.
Yes, I have PTSD as well, and have lots of nightmares every night because of it. I also am an insomniac, so getting to sleep is a problem, as is waking up during the night. Oh, and I am vitamin D deficient, so I take lots of pills to help, but it feels like its not helping anything. I just slept 12 hours, but I still feel exhausted as though I haven't slept at all. It sounds like we have similar situations though!