Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I feel like such an excess, unnecessary person. Aside from my family, I won't be missed. No one who had any choice in associating with me has ever chosen to stay.

Besides the fact that this is MY life to do with as I choose, I actually think the deaths of people like me could be a social good, and I don't understand the normie campaign to pursue us so relentlessly.

I read an article once about evolutionary psychologists' guesses at how/if suicide evolved among humans. They point to the waste of resources. If your tribe actively despises you, you may do your genes a greater benefit by offing yourself to conserve resources for your relatives. The idea sounds completely bonkers in our modern life of relative plenty, but maybe the drive remains?

Even if we're not talking about life and death on the African Savannah, are thing really so different? I'm holding a job somebody more desirable could be performing. If I were injured (perhaps in a botched attempt), I am entitled to medical attention that could go to someone else more deserving. My death would free these things up. When you consider the environment and limited energy resources threatening mankind's survival, why should someone like me remain?

So what do you think? Do you feel like an excess person? Could suicide be a social good?

• Hugs
Reactions: ItsMe-Hecked, Boochky, it's_all_a_game and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I feel like such an excess, unnecessary person. Aside from my family, I won't be missed. No one who had any choice in associating with me has ever chosen to stay.

Besides the fact that this is MY life to do with as I choose, I actually think the deaths of people like me could be a social good, and I don't understand the normie campaign to pursue us so relentlessly.

I read an article once about evolutionary psychologists' guesses at how/if suicide evolved among humans. They point to the waste of resources. If your tribe actively despises you, you may do your genes a greater benefit by offing yourself to conserve resources for your relatives. The idea sounds completely bonkers in our modern life of relative plenty, but maybe the drive remains?

Even if we're not talking about life and death on the African Savannah, are thing really so different? I'm holding a job somebody more desirable could be performing. If I were injured (perhaps in a botched attempt), I am entitled to medical attention that could go to someone else more deserving. My death would free these things up. When you consider the environment and limited energy resources threatening mankind's survival, why should someone like me remain?

So what do you think? Do you feel like an excess person? Could suicide be a social good?

I don't think suicide is a social good however it's more so a reflection of a sick society. Societal/people along with constructs, poor parenting, and disease are the problem that lead people here in this direction.

Reactions: demuic, WrongPlaceWrongTime and Amumu
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I don't think suicide is a social good however it's more so a reflection of a sick society. Societal/people along with constructs, poor parenting, and disease are the problem that lead people here in this direction.
Well, if the causes can't be removed, what better post facto solution is there? We're not getting better. I doubt many of the suicidally depressed will actually get better. They'll just stubbornly drag themselves through a life not worth living when everyone around them would not care if they caught the bus.

• Hugs
Reactions: disfiguredone, Amumu and Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Well, if the causes can't be removed, what better post facto solution is there? We're not getting better. I doubt many of the suicidally depressed will actually get better. They'll just stubbornly drag themselves through a life not worth living when everyone around them would not care if they caught the bus.
Well as far as our individual reasons for CTB it is the solution to be liberated from our suffering. However obviously others don't see it as a social good because they would have look their society in the face and realize the errors. I'm just stating I don't think people
Would end themselves if society were good for everyone however it obviously isn't otherwise people wouldn't end themselves, rich people even end themselves obviously there is a problem

• Love
Reactions: Boochky, demuic, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Well as far as our individual reasons for CTB it is the solution to be liberated from our suffering. However obviously others don't see it as a social good because they would have look their society in the face and realize the errors. I'm just stating I don't think people
Would end themselves if society were good for everyone however it obviously isn't otherwise people wouldn't end themselves, rich people even end themselves obviously there is a problem
I guess I agree. In the western world, we live better than the kings and queens of 200 years ago materially, and yet we are so actively miserable. Just goes to show that material conditions are only one part of the problem.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Amumu and Journeytoletgo
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I'm definitely convinced by your theory OP

• Love
Reactions: Boochky and Celerity
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Old societies didn't wait for undersirables to kill themselves to "lighten the load". They were socially excluded and denied access to resources. How they live and die after that isn't society's concern.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, disfiguredone, Celerity and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
You sound confused as to which side you're on, I recommend being on your own side rather than the side of the normal majority (until/unless you can join their ranks somehow).

We have it way easier than genetic waste of our calibre would have in times of old. Still not fucking easy enough though...

REEEEEEE

Reactions: Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I would of definitely of been a pox ridden plague carrier in the old days. Probably a leper as well. And a hermit who lived in a tree stump.
I consider myself more a mistake than an excess person. I shouldn't of happened.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and Makko
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I suppose I have a pretty high opinion of myself for a suicidal person. :haha:
I hate myself for unnecessarily hating myself. Normies are not better than me just because their father didn't fuck them. I'm traumatized & addicted to Xanax & in physical pain & I'm still able to pay the rent & get laid & be better at most things than most of them. Most of 'em wouldn't be better than me if I was just a brain in a fucking jar, or even a pickled dick (my dick is bigger & more aesthetically pleasing than most). I don't give a shit about the greater social good. I ain't killing myself so the average normie turd can feed more of his baby turds. When I off myself it's gonna be cuz that's the best thing for me, not for them. Suck Mr. Hankey, the Xmas Poo's tiny little balls, you turds with shit for brains!

Mr Hankey Christmas GIF by South Park

Reactions: demuic
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I suppose I have a pretty high opinion of myself for a suicidal person. :haha:
I hate myself for unnecessarily hating myself. Normies are not better than me just because their father didn't fuck them. I'm traumatized & addicted to Xanax & in physical pain & I'm still able to pay the rent & get laid & be better at most things than most of them. Most of 'em wouldn't be better than me if I was just a brain in a fucking jar, or even a pickled dick (my dick is bigger & more aesthetically pleasing than most). I don't give a shit about the greater social good. I ain't killing myself so the average normie turd can feed more of his baby turds. When I off myself it's gonna be cuz that's the best thing for me, not for them. Suck Mr. Hankey, the Xmas Poo's tiny little balls, you turds with shit for brains!

Mr Hankey Christmas GIF by South Park
Oh, I'm definitely killing my self for me. Nearly everyone in this thread seems to have missed that point. My argument is that the normies shouldn't care about this shit since I am also doing the world a favor by walking out.
Old societies didn't wait for undersirables to kill themselves to "lighten the load". They were socially excluded and denied access to resources. How they live and die after that isn't society's concern.
Well, maybe we should make a return to this. I think we're kidding ourselves that society has changed that much. If suicide were really a priority to take care of as a social issue, I think we would have made some headway by now. We're not talking about a disabled group of people who want to live and can live with assistance. We're talking about people who would rather die.

Last edited:
Reactions: motel rooms
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
"Suicide as a social good" is the best pro-life argument to this day

Fuck society

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Most countries in the world still deal with "the damaged" in a similar fashion. We all know which great nation is at the forefront of such efforts

Reactions: demuic, Celerity and Makko
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
"Suicide as a social good" is the best pro-life argument to this day

Fuck society
I'll bite. How exactly is this pro life?

Also, I'm not exactly a fan of "society". I am just saying they shouldn't give a shit about individual adults with little societal value taking their own lives.

Reactions: Amumu
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I'll bite. How exactly is this pro life?
Maybe they mean that the thought of dying to benefit the unjust society they live in makes them wanna stay alive out of spite despite being suicidal?

• Yay!
Reactions: Celerity
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I agree with with what you are saying. For me, I believe I was never meant to be alive in the first place, I have always struggled with life and I exist for the sake of existing. It's why I see the right to die as important, an individual should be able to decide if their life is worth living.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Journeytoletgo and hʚll
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
The main reason there is any campaign or motive by the powers that be to keep suicidal people alive is so they can have more slaves to create profit for them until they die. That is why suicide efforts are usually directed toward "saving" the lives of young people since they still have many years left of working left in them. That these young people have to compete against each other for jobs and other things is of no difference to them since we're so easily replaceable.

People who are truly considered "useless" by society are already informally disposed of by not being provided with the basic necessities for a living and being socially outcasted.

In terms of resources, we have more food than we know what to do with, and energy might turn to more renewable sources once they've depleted everything else they can.

There is also a great monetary incentive in terms of the mental health industry to keep suicidal people alive. I can't see them easily allowing people to kill themselves unless there is a real resource crisis.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and hʚll
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
My fear if people considered suicide a benefit for society then what next?

Historically, when a door is opened or a law is made, overtime, more and more laws are made or soicetal norms that are deeply held as wrong in today's society become more and more acceptable.

So what would be next?

Population control through eugenics, mass genocide for undesirable traits like skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, babies who have severe health problems, who, if they can last 10 years might just be saved through novel medical treatments, complete government control over people's lives....?

I don't know the answer, but it is an intriguing question and my fear is what would happen if that door is opened.

By the way, you mentioned in another post somewhere (I cannot find it now) that no one cares what happens to you?

I care.

I so wish, with everything that I am, I could help people if they wanted help.

<3

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
The main reason there is any campaign or motive by the powers that be to keep suicidal people alive is so they can have more slaves to create profit for them until they die. That is why suicide efforts are usually directed toward "saving" the lives of young people since they still have many years left of working left in them. That these young people have to compete against each other for jobs and other things is of no difference to them since we're so easily replaceable.

People who are truly considered "useless" by society are already informally disposed of by not being provided with the basic necessities for a living and being socially outcasted.

In terms of resources, we have more food than we know what to do with, and energy might turn to more renewable sources once they've depleted everything else they can.

There is also a great monetary incentive in terms of the mental health industry to keep suicidal people alive. I can't see them easily allowing people to kill themselves unless there is a real resource crisis.
"Mental health industry" is definitely the best term for it. Useless at best and dangerous at worse. I guess I understand the political and economic angle to have more cheap workers. Not sure why the non-suicidal average Joe would give a fuck though.
My fear if people considered suicide a benefit for society then what next?

Historically, when a door is opened or a law is made, overtime, more and more laws are made or soicetal norms that are deeply held as wrong in today's society become more and more acceptable.

So what would be next?

Population control through eugenics, mass genocide for undesirable traits like skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, babies who have severe health problems, who, if they can last 10 years might just be saved through novel medical treatments, complete government control over people's lives....?

I don't know the answer, but it is an intriguing question and my fear is what would happen if that door is opened.

By the way, you mentioned in another post somewhere (I cannot find it now) that no one cares what happens to you?

I care.

I so wish, with everything that I am, I could help people if they wanted help.

<3
Well, suicide is already decriminalized here in the US. It's just highly discouraged and admitting to ideation can get you thrown into a psych ward. I'm not talking about even encouraging people, just not an active prohibition.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Yeah, suicide in the US is not illegal - but here, if you try and fail, you get a one way ticket, whithout consenst, to a psych ward where they can hold you as long as they want.

Thank you for claryifying (I am beyond exhausted, my ex is now on the most wanted list in my county, why it shocks me, I do not know - but I am beyond shocked. Guess I just can't wrap my head around his behavior anymore).

In any case, it would be awesome if that one-way ticket was forbidden. Personally, I am completely for autonomy - it is my body, and who is someone else to say what I can and can't do with it? Kinda infuriatig really.

It is just that history tells me that once a door is opened - for good or bad, more doors get opened. And that can be (IMO) a dangerous thing.

Good to hear from you celerity : )

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
It is just that history tells me that once a door is opened - for good or bad, more doors get opened. And that can be (IMO) a dangerous thing.

History tells us that every door there is will eventually get opened, whether we like it or not...

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
History tells us that every door there is will eventually get opened, whether we like it or not...
Too true. But it is a matter of when - some things, especially if the gov't is involved change incredibly sloley.

Funny story, I used to work in Pharma and actually had to take a course on slip, trip, and fall prevention - not because they were worried that I might injure myself, but because the were worried about being sued. Every singly person who worked at this compay (one of the top 10) had to take this training, can you imagine the cost... is ridiculous.