PressEnterToExit

PressEnterToExit

How soon is now?
Oct 19, 2020
I think this is a slippery slope. There are two kinds of instincts. In freuidian terms, these are Eros and Thanatos. Life and death. Creation and destruction. Connection and severance. Love and violence. Expression and repression. Although, I think they're not separate, but the latter is born out of the abscensce of the first, and the first has some elements of the latter.

Taking into consideration another duality, that of mind and body, I think it works like this:

What we all need, what we all crave, is the death of the mind. The french term for orgasm - "la petit morte", the little death - is a hint of that. It's not the body that dies in the moment of climax, which is the creational force at its peak, but the mind, in a sense, becomes forgotten. In greek mythology, the twin brother of Thanatos was Hypnos, the god of sleep. This is no coincidence. This is the destructive part of Eros, which is essentialy the wish for the death of the Ego, a temporary death of consciousness.

Lacking the possibilty of this kind of expression, the mind doesn't get a chance to rest, as the body screams for connection. Thanatos is born from the screams. As the body cannot get a chance to do what it's supposed to, to unify itself with matter - its natural element - the insomniac Ego gets corrupted. The mind is its own worst company and will turn on itself and it will turn against the body and become violent. Granted, this can also work as a release. But the principle now is to exaust the body by amplifying its screams, overwhelm the body to overpower the Ego, not to put it to rest. This is Thanatos. If we cannot express the body, we cannot forget the Ego and then the only mode of action is to destroy the body.

The problem is not only that we don't give in to our creative animal instincts. The problem is we have a sense of self which gets easily overwhelmed, bewildered, corrupted and isolated if we don't silence our unconscious forces and this results in violent behavior much different from that of animals.

The body may be the root of all our problems, but the mind is the the spark that turn those problems into a fire that cosumes us, and is the activating agent of all "evil", for lack of a better word. Mind+body=bad combination.

Not sure if I was at all clear lol This is complicated stuff and it's early morning and I'm at work, writing this in between pauses.
I love what you say about what happens what you don't have sex... It was scary too. I don't agree about the body is the problem sorry...... The body is a blessing the problem is society.
when'

PLEASE CAN WE ALL APPRECIATE THE DANGER OF NOT HAVING SEX, I'M FUCKING SCARED NOW, I NEED A THREAT ABOUT IT

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
PressEnterToExit

PressEnterToExit

How soon is now?
Oct 19, 2020
I think this is a slippery slope. There are two kinds of instincts. In freuidian terms, these are Eros and Thanatos. Life and death. Creation and destruction. Connection and severance. Love and violence. Expression and repression. Although, I think they're not separate, but the latter is born out of the abscensce of the first, and the first has some elements of the latter.

Taking into consideration another duality, that of mind and body, I think it works like this:

What we all need, what we all crave, is the death of the mind. The french term for orgasm - "la petit morte", the little death - is a hint of that. It's not the body that dies in the moment of climax, which is the creational force at its peak, but the mind, in a sense, becomes forgotten. In greek mythology, the twin brother of Thanatos was Hypnos, the god of sleep. This is no coincidence. This is the destructive part of Eros, which is essentialy the wish for the death of the Ego, a temporary death of consciousness.

Lacking the possibilty of this kind of expression, the mind doesn't get a chance to rest, as the body screams for connection. Thanatos is born from the screams. As the body cannot get a chance to do what it's supposed to, to unify itself with matter - its natural element - the insomniac Ego gets corrupted. The mind is its own worst company and will turn on itself and it will turn against the body and become violent. Granted, this can also work as a release. But the principle now is to exaust the body by amplifying its screams, overwhelm the body to overpower the Ego, not to put it to rest. This is Thanatos. If we cannot express the body, we cannot forget the Ego and then the only mode of action is to destroy the body.

The problem is not only that we don't give in to our creative animal instincts. The problem is we have a sense of self which gets easily overwhelmed, bewildered, corrupted and isolated if we don't silence our unconscious forces and this results in violent behavior much different from that of animals.

The body may be the root of all our problems, but the mind is the the spark that turn those problems into a fire that cosumes us, and is the activating agent of all "evil", for lack of a better word. Mind+body=bad combination.

Not sure if I was at all clear lol This is complicated stuff and it's early morning and I'm at work, writing this in between pauses.
I'm gonna die fuck

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Edit: Heeey! You edited your post! Now my vague post is even more vague. Nonsensical even.
I'm sorry! :pfff:
Freud popularized the concept of the unconscious mind & he influenced many great writers & artists, so he's an important figure, but sooo much of what he wrote & taught is either nebulous or just plain wrong. Worst of all, he purposely lied about his therapeutic results. He was intellectually dishonest & he's been thoroughly discredited as a scientist/psychologist. And just ask the feminists what they think of "penis envy" & "innate female masochism" :angry::haha:
Being vague is much more entertaining.
That's why he should've been a poet or a novelist :wink:

Last edited:
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and BottomlessPit
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
Freud popularized the concept of the unconscious mind & he influenced many great writers & artists, so he's an important figure, but sooo much of what he wrote & taught is either nebulous or just plain wrong.
Freud had some issues. This becomes obvious when you consider his theory that all men want to have sex with their mothers and kill their fathers, or that deja vu experiences are caused by the memory of the genitals of our mothers. Like what the actual fuck was wrong with him. So much of his stuff sounds like something someone in a delirium would say, a delirium with a lot of incestuous and sexually charged delusions.

Reactions: ithappens, PressEnterToExit and UseItOrLoseIt
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Freud popularized the concept of the unconscious mind
Also, defense mechanisms.
That's why he should've been a poet or a novelist :wink:
Too bad he had Shakespeare-envy...
But I agree. He was a mythologist first and foremost. Biased, unscientific and mostly his own subject. But then again, I wonder if that can be said, to a degree, of any clinical psycholigist. And vice versa.

Last edited:
Reactions: ithappens and motel rooms
PressEnterToExit

PressEnterToExit

How soon is now?
Oct 19, 2020
Freud had some issues. This becomes obvious when you consider his theory that all men want to have sex with their mothers and kill their fathers, or that deja vu experiences are caused by the memory of the genitals of our mothers. Like what the actual fuck was wrong with him. So much of his stuff sounds like something someone in a delirium would say, a delirium with a lot of incestuous and sexually charged delusions.
Freud has so many stupid theories, I used to read him for fun