birthdayboy

birthdayboy

Aug 23, 2024
Almost everyone I know who's CTB has done so by hanging, and I think I'm just going to do that. I realize it's not the most painless method, but it seems like unconsciousness comes pretty quickly, and I've got a few pills in my drawer that should help with some of the pain and anxiety. Plus, knowing people who've done it makes it less scary to me.

I keep looking and considering all the recommended methods, and either they're not readily availably to me (like SN or firearms), or they're so complicated and confusing to set up (like charcoal). The thought of trying to do anything that complicated overwhelms me. I can barely function as it is due to my mental health problems.

With this, all I need is a sturdy rope that I can easily get from any hardware store, probably even Walmart or a dollar store, a ladder which I already have, and a sturdy branch on a hardwood tree like oak, which I have plenty in my neighborhood.

My plan is to wait for a cool enough day and then get bundled up completely in my snowboard gear because that should reduce the chance of someone being traumatized by finding me, since virtually no part of my skin will even be visible. I've got everything I need, just need to pick an appropriate date.
I'm talking about hanging, if that's not clear sorry. It's worked for everyone I know who's done it.

Edit: Sorry, I'm talking about hanging. It's worked for everyone I know who's tried it

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Oeoe3, Jon Arbuckle and Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, the methods are inaccessible and feel complicated to me as well, I personally just wish for a death like never waking again. But anyway I hope that you find peace from all the suffering, best wishes.

• Hugs
Reactions: birthdayboy
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
that should reduce the chance of someone being traumatized by finding me, since virtually no part of my skin will even be visible.
I think the "traumatizing" aspect would come more from the state of seeing someone hanging by their neck with a rope rather than by the state of dress. But, you need to do what you feel right for yourself, and if you feel that being clothed in the way you describe would lessen the impact to others, I think that's all that really matters.

birthdayboy

birthdayboy

Aug 23, 2024
I think the "traumatizing" aspect would come more from the state of seeing someone hanging by their neck with a rope rather than by the state of dress. But, you need to do what you feel right for yourself, and if you feel that being clothed in the way you describe would lessen the impact to others, I think that's all that really matters.
I mean, my nephew looked pretty ghastly when we took him down. Even though the sight of someone hanging would still be traumatic, even so I feel like things like the discoloration and facial expression are worse. Can't get that image out of your head.
I understand, the methods are inaccessible and feel complicated to me as well, I personally just wish for a death like never waking again. But anyway I hope that you find peace from all the suffering, best wishes.
Thank you so much. And I agree that never waking again would be ideal. I have a little bit of something on hand that might work for that very thing, but I can't get enough to do the trick, and I've never seen an attempted OD where the person didn't suffer miserably after. Hanging seems pretty reliable, in my experience.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: locked*n*loaded and divinemistress36