• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
I will preface this by saying I love SS. Truly I like the community here and I have mostly enjoyed my interactions and silent mutterings as I read much more than I post. That said I cannot help but think that nearly every post is a regurgitation of another. I guess it's to be somewhat expected but i'd like to offer a challenge to anyone who can muster the strength to type into their keyboard.

Tell me something new that interests you. I do not want to set real limits but lets just say for the sake of this discussion talking about suicide, mental health, dying are off limits. Everything else should be new for this forum and so the topic can be anything you want.

My thread so I will start.

I am super interested in the mandella effect. I have watched all kinds of videos and all types of theories and as a general rule I just cannot get enough.

The Mandela Effect refers to a situation in which a large mass of people believes that an event occurred when it did not

(I totally stole this from this random link if your interested)
Now some of these are pretty well known berenstein/berenstain bears for instance. if interested a linky https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berenstain_Bears

Now this was always fairly amusing to me for no real reason until one day I found a reason to be interested. I have a rare not well researched or known issue with memory called sdam. Basically I have zero episodic memory.

I retain some facts about my life but I do not remember anything besides some facts. I.e. if i went to spain I would know i went to spain but would not actually remember the trip. So back when i had friends we were tripping and talking about the Mandella effect.

My now dead friend mentioned in passing that maybe i'm not retaining memories as a protection mechanism to defend against a barrage of "false" memories because i'm switching through realities so frequently I needed a way to cope.

I promise it makes much more sense if you know all my history but nobody has time for that. Lets just say I have latched onto this for some time now as an amusing idea. While i do not retain episodic memory I often find that my facts also do not line up with reality. I have a whole slew of facts I " remember" about people I cannot prove even existed.

Maybe i'm schizophrenic, or was? who knows. I dont really believe in this but I enjoy the thought. What is something that interests you?

Reactions: lilyeehaw and sólstafir
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I bet you would get more responses to this essay contest if you made a cruise for CTB the prize for the best one...
*sips tea

Reactions: azucaramargo