• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Hi,

I haven't been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder yet but it's been suspected by all the psychiatrists I've seen that I suffer from it.
I have a real problem with noise. Unless its a humming from a transformer or an idling engine, it drives me crazy. I don't have particularly good hearing but I have some sort of hypersensivity to stimuli. Like in a restaurant, everything is so loud it drives me crazy.
I'm also very sensible to pain and I suck in social situation (feel very awkward and my anxiety goes through the roof). The only place where I'm not anxious is in my bedroom with my humming transformers.
I struggle to make friends because of my very uncommon interests (mainly vintage technology and CRTs)

Are there any autistic people that know how to deal with hypersensivity and other symptoms?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Lookingtoflyfree, !WILL! and 6 others
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I am autistic and I fortunately live alone and don't interact with people. I would advice minimizing interaction or maybe trying to meet with other autistic people.

GreenMile

GreenMile

Aug 3, 2021
Noise cancelling headphones are essential for me as well as just being aware that it's normal for other people to scream, laugh and shout. High revving engines and alarms take me right to the edge of sanity.

I get to the point of noise making me flinch which can be really embarrassing in public spaces. Luckily I rarely have to deal with people these days other than online.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have autism and I have always struggled with sensitivity to noise. Noise stresses me out and sometimes I find it to be quite painful. I just try to stay away from people as much as possible really and avoid noisy places.

Reactions: Pisceslilith and miserableforever
E

ElyNoFantasy

Sep 7, 2021
I also struggle with noise !
As I had a job, I had the luck to be able to buy expensive noise canceller headphones.
I came across advertising for sophisticated ear plugs that are not to expensive but I forgot the name... Loop ? Loom ? Don't remember.
Stim toys are really helping me evacuate extra sensations ! My favorites are the tangle and fidget cube. I used them while being tattooed for hours and it helped taking my focus away from the pain. :)

mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
If it's painful then it could be hyperacusis, I got it from acoustic trauma nd made me homebound. I use noise cancelling headphones when I have to go out (almost never) and can't be in any social setting.

OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lookingtoflyfree
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I'm not autistic but I have a brain injury and I can't stand loud noises. It's like nails on a chalkboard and it will make me get angry or cry . I don't understand why people have to be so loud . All I can do is put headphones on and hibernate

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
Loop earphones are a huge help - but as a fellow autistic person also with ADHD, I've found the sensory overload part of this condition among the worst things along with everything else :)

I wish I could help more but I see why so many autistic people get depressed and CTB is an answer. It's been decades of living with this thing, and it just burns our soul out. So loud, so bright, so contractory, so cruel

LunarCharm

LunarCharm

I’m ready to go
Jul 2, 2023
I'm not autistic, but I have ADHD which is on the spectrum. I understand your struggles with noise, I hope you can find a solution. I'm glad to see others in the comments are able to offer suggestions ^^