Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
I don't know. Whenever I make plans with people, it always gets nixed by something out of our control.

I planned to pick up my friend and go to Downtown Seattle. It was an elaborate plan; lots of driving and commuting involved. I had this idea to book a hotel room for both of us. I thought you only had to be 18 to get a hotel room. Nope—it's 21 for that hotel and all the ones nearby (I'm 20). He also doesn't drive, so meeting up is even more challenging.

Okay—so I planned for an Airbnb instead. Same issue; people under 25 love to throw parties and trash the host's house, so they'll instantly reject younger people. I don't even blame them; I had a family member my age who bragged about doing the same thing. The host responded to my inquiry with "." only after instantly declining my reservation.

Whatever. I planned to pick up my cousin and eat at a nice restaurant. Her days off from work don't match my days off from school. Our schedules aren't compatible at the moment. We keep shooting for different dates. The plan will probably wither away soon. It's been a while since I've seen her.

No worries. I have more family that lives only a couple of hours away at a community college. I planned to pick them up for Halloween. I don't know why I thought Halloween was a holiday, but they had classes that day and the entire week because it was a Monday. Another plan fell through.

I had yet another cousin. I thought he was a perfect invite to do any of the aforementioned activities. It was only recently I found out he moved to escape some drama and domestic violence that was going on at home. I couldn't be happier he escaped that toxic environment, but now he's further than ever.

Just give me something. Anything. I'll drive, pay, whatever. I still have Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year to make something happen.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and makethepainstop
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I feel you. You just want some company. You feel like you are the one that almost always makes the effort to make plans with your people? I felt that so I stopped asking and invite them.

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
Have you heard of Meetup? It's a social event planning site. It's great for people looking to get out and socialize.

There are groups you join, and their organizers host events. You RSVP, then show up. Everything is planned for you, and the odds of the event actually happening as planned are very good. Usually, the host posts an announcement where he/she will sitting and how to find the group.

The only downside is most Meetup groups are for people 25 and older, since it's assumed that younger people still have their residual college friends. But there might be groups for people your age too. Get on the site, and search around.