_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
its already sad enough that some people have to be born with genetic defects. restricting them from a peaceful exit is even worse. how the hell could it even happen that people who have absolutely no clue about suffering end up being able to decide whats "right" and whats "wrong"? its absolutely disgusting that people at their worst, who are in terms of ending their lifes already, have to endure stuff like being raided by police officers, who give a fuck about whats right for you. how the hell can a stranger know whats best for you? why do we even have to ask such questions in the first place?

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog, yive, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 12 others
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I agree with this, but I also think its important to consider that some defects could be made more manageable if accomodations were more readily available. If someone determines they need to exit its not my place to stop them, but so many people with a disability are struggling with a lack of support and resources more than anything. We as a society need to be expanding their options, which yes means a peaceful exit when necessary but also better access to medical care and community.

• Love
Reactions: SpenceGence, Hyperbunny, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
S

SpenceGence

May 22, 2022
Well said, I'm really doing bad with my chronic injury. On any given day it can go from kind of manageable to incredibly debilitating. Treatment is expensive, and I'm pretty limited by location for treatment. Mostly because almost nobody knows how to treat RSI. While it is possible to recover, it is with no exaggeration one of the hardest chronic conditions to treat on Earth. I spend every waking day thinking about my posture (can't use my phone in bed, having to be dynamic enough not to fuck up your thoracic spine, etc), my diet of almost no carbs, no sugar, and no fun, stretches that I have to do every waking hour with enough precision to not set myself back, etc. And with me being on the spectrum, my future doesn't look bright in the first place.

I'm tired of having bouts of intense sadness. They go away yes, but they always come back hurting even more than before.

It frustrates me beyond end that we don't have access to an easy method to end all this. First autism then, chronic debilitating pain, I am so goddamn tired of my youth being consumed. It's my life, why do I have to be forced to suffer. It's beyond unfair that "normal" people decide that life is roses and daisies for everyone.

Wanting an end to all of this isn't inherently a sign of mental illness. Given the circumstances it can be one of the most rational things you can do.

• Hugs
Reactions: tary, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, western_heart and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Of course everyone should. I view it as being absolutely horrific how we exist in a world where people continue to selfishly and unfairly force people here yet they are denied a straightforward way to finally end this unnecessary existence. After all, death is simply the most normal and expected thing ever so there could never be anything wrong with someone choosing to leave, and all that continuing to exist is, is just delaying the inevitable anyway.

It really would be the most ideal and compassionate thing to allow people the option of a peaceful exit where they can solve all their problems and never have to suffer again, it's so wrong to make it so people have no choice but to resort to risky methods, in fact it's incredibly disgusting. Suicide should always be viewed as the human right that it is.