• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Levia@than

Levia@than

They/Them
Dec 20, 2023
For context, I am a songwriter, vocalist, and guitarist. I often use music as an outlet to vent out my problems. It's a good way to let out my emotions. This is starting to become a problem though. I'm trying to write a Christmas song but every time I attempt it, 1 of 2 things happen. Either I write an upbeat happy vhrisas song but the lyrics are ass and the song makes me want to bash my head in the wall every time I hear it, or it sounds really good and I like the way the lyrics sound but it's sad and depressing. And this isn't limited to now. Everytume I try to write a happy song it turns out garbage. Nothings wrong with writing sad songs. It's just frustrating that I'm limited to exclusively more dark and personal songs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
it sounds really good and I like the way the lyrics sound but it's sad and depressing.
why not just express yourself? let them be sad and depressing

Reactions: Ashu and Immensevoid
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Do what I do, keep writing till you get all the bad songs out

Reactions: Ashu and Levia@than
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
It's just kind of annoying that those songs are the only songs I can do well.
(Also I fucking love set it off)
as a writer i completely get it. i cant seem to write anything outside of depression either, and writers block is zero help