okkkk

okkkk

just ignore me3
Jun 28, 2019
I find it so incredible that as a society we route the emotion of people in high levels of extreme distress to a call center with people making minumum wage. we should be trying to help the people that cant even help themselves. How amazing is it that even someone who awknowlages mental health could have their faith in this flimsy, lazy system completely shattered. The truth is there are too many people in pain and not enough people who are willing to confront it. This needs to change. but most likely it will not. Every calloused apathetic person Ive naively spilled my guts too has done nothing to change or even listen to these stinging raw memories that plauge me. How could you not feel alone? I wanted someone. And i am growing less and less eager to divulge any more to people who literally aren't capable of empathy. There needs to be real legislation to change this. Why does the world refuse to open their eyes to fact that a staggering amount of people take their lives every month and the people on the border between life and death could not care less. Its because the people with the power to change it are not interested in any of the lives being lost. It may just be me but I believe that human life is worth more than minumum wage. Modern Mental health treatment is a complete farce.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, searchingfreedom, Deleted member 17331 and 8 others
DumbBoi

DumbBoi

May 30, 2020
I think the thing that gets me about call centers, is the utter root of them fundamentally being born from the idea that suicide is inherently wrong and that the steps to prevent it are as simple as just letting these emotions out
Theres so many steps I would have to take to even begin my healing process and theres no telling if it will even be worth it
And thats just from someone who sees this as my natural ending, those that want to fight to move past it are met with such blatant one-sided complacency with these centers, made to just vet them and keep them stuck in this system, just there to stop them from leaving and nothing else

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Deleted member 17331, Bct and 4 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
The call centers are just there for people concerned to think something exists and point a suicidal person they encounter to them. Otherwise people would complain for a solution. The call centers are a joke. They do nothing because they can only do nothing.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Try the Samaritans. They're volunteers and do this from a genuine wish to help, and won't send the police on you if they think you're about to jump.
Helplines are there to listen and for you to vent. They cannot offer anything more, certainly not therapy, in extreme cases suggest you go to A&E/ER. The training is basic by necessity. They're not a joke, only a first point of help with limitations.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I think we're viewing call centers wrong.
I propose call centers are not meant as a full on solution, but as a crutch of sorts, and a beginning for the recovery process, assuming the recovery process begins.
I called the Israeli one when I was, uh, down one day.
I've said some things I'm not proud of. The problem is that this whole process depends highly on the operator and method of operation, as in, a nice (and VERY fucking tolerant) Jewish lady hearing "Hitler was right!" and winging it is an entirely different thing than a some other place where the operator follows a script they're not allowed to divert from.

Edit: to clarify, I am not proud of how that night went down. Even though I hate this country, I don't actually believe Hitler was right. That woman picked my "argument" apart within maybe five minutes and proved my ass wrong. She also turned to some very racist words to do that. Clearly, she's a pro with this shit.
What she did, however, was to help me not make a mistake and attempt to hang myself in some randomass dog park where I would have been saved within like ten minutes and do more damage to myself. I still think of ctb, but I'm back to sticking to the plan and not impulsive fucking up and ending in some nuthouse.

Last edited: