21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Oh, so it's "pretty common".
I remember basically laughing when she told me this.
She was all "i think you are Psychotic and in a delusional crisis" (don't know how to translate) and i was like "bitch wtf? I'm just depressed lol" (problems regarding the Schizo type of mental disorders came to the surface later, but her diagnosis has continued to be wrong megalol)

Meds can help, to face problems and try to solve them without being in the hole.
Best of luck man.

How did your therapist tell you? (If i can ask)

She said multiple times that she cannot bear the risk/responsibility of me alone, seeing as she thought I'm likely to attempt again. Then she said that she cannot help me alone. Plain and simple.

Reactions: throwaway_2620 and Exile
E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
She said multiple times that she cannot bear the risk/responsibility of me alone, seeing as she thought I'm likely to attempt again. Then she said that she cannot help me alone. Plain and simple.
At least she was direct with you, which is a bit of a benefit. I had one guy simply refuse to schedule more appointments with me.

Reactions: 21Neberg
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019

:-( that doesn't sound helpful at all

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
At least she was direct with you, which is a bit of a benefit. I had one guy simply refuse to schedule more appointments with me.

I'm sorry, honestly doesn't sound like a good guy at all.

Reactions: Exile
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
:-( that doesn't sound helpful at all

Got even worse today. My therapist was supposed to send information to my doctor so she could refer me to a psychiatrists' clinic two weeks ago, but when I saw my doctor today to get the referral and meds she told me that she never got an e-mail from my therapist. So that's great - not a step closer to getting help I guess.

Does that mess of info make any sense? Point of it was, today was supposed to be a turning point in me starting to get help. I ended up not getting a step closer.

Reactions: Roberto
E

Exile

Jan 28, 2019
I'm sorry, honestly doesn't sound like a good guy at all.
Thanks. No, he wasn't. He would also forget when we did have appointments and freaked out when I told him I was suicidal. He also put me on awful medication. I should have reported him back then.

R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Got even worse today. My therapist was supposed to send information to my doctor so she could refer me to a psychiatrists' clinic two weeks ago, but when I saw my doctor today to get the referral and meds she told me that she never got an e-mail from my therapist. So that's great - not a step closer to getting help I guess.

Does that mess of info make any sense? Point of it was, today was supposed to be a turning point in me starting to get help. I ended up not getting a step closer.
Don't give up. May be a change in the therapist can help you. But before that, I would wait a bit more and insist the therapist another time.

Reactions: Exile and 21Neberg
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Don't give up. May be a change in the therapist can help you. But before that, I would wait a bit more and insist the therapist another time.

Well I've only seen the therapist once so far so I'm not giving her up yet. I had to wait months just for her to have a spot for me!

E

Exile

Jan 28, 2019

Sorry to hear that, 21. When that happens to me, I take it very personally and feel like I'm being abandoned. Then I remind myself that people forget things, even important ones, unfortunately. Could you contact your therapist to get urgent follow-up?

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Sorry to hear that, 21. When that happens to me, I take it very personally and feel like I'm being abandoned. Then I remind myself that people forget things, even important ones, unfortunately. Could you contact your therapist to get urgent follow-up?

My doctor told me she's going to contact the therapist herself now. I have to set an appointment with the psychiatrists' clinic this week, so I can make some progress this week.

Problem is, everything takes so fucking long until they have a spot for me. I had to wait months just to get appointments with my current therapist.

E

Exile

Jan 28, 2019
My doctor told me she's going to contact the therapist herself now. I have to set an appointment with the psychiatrists' clinic this week, so I can make some progress this week.

Problem is, everything takes so fucking long until they have a spot for me. I had to wait months just to get appointments with my current therapist.
I hear you, believe me. Mental health care is criminally unavailable and/or poor in most countries, I think. There aren't enough resources for the people who need them and community support is often lacking. You deserve much better. I hope the psychiatrist clinic finds you a good spot soon.

Reactions: Whatshername and 21Neberg
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I hear you, believe me. Mental health care is criminally unavailable and/or poor in most countries, I think. There aren't enough resources for the people who need them and community support is often lacking. You deserve much better. I hope the psychiatrist clinic finds you a good spot soon.

Thanks for the kind words! I hope so too. Until then, I have appointments with my current therapist.

Reactions: Exile
E

Exile

Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for the kind words! I hope so too. Until then, I have appointments with my current therapist.
Tell her that if she forgets again, there are a bunch of people on a chat site prepared to kick her ass. :wink:

Reactions: throwaway_2620, Whatshername, Redt2go and 1 other person
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Tell her that if she forgets again, there are a bunch of people on a chat site prepared to kick her ass. :wink:

Haha, I won't because she's currently the only person who knows about my issues and is willing to help me with them...

Reactions: Whatshername, Exile and Redt2go
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019

Love this, it made me smile :-)

I'm not giving up on you @21Neberg or you @Exile

Reactions: SeekingSolace, Exile and DreamsofDeath