with his arms outstretched
Dec 17, 2020
It makes me feel so angry and confused

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Dr Iron Arc and LossOfWill
shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
God, I feel this way all the time. I just want to be held and at the same time I get uncomfortable when someone comes within 2 feet of me (even before covid).
Here are some contactless hugs

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, sourpink and Fango
F

Fango

with his arms outstretched
Dec 17, 2020
God, I feel this way all the time. I just want to be held and at the same time I get uncomfortable when someone comes within 2 feet of me (even before covid).
Here are some contactless hugs
View attachment 58229
Thanks to covid I have an excuse to feel uncomfortable when people try to approach

• Hugs
Reactions: shadowchaser
sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
I can relate. I feel like this fairly constantly and have for decades. I'm not a very touchy person to begin with, also have trauma and body dysmorphia. my go-to line as an excuse has always been "I'm not a hugger"/"words of affirmation over physical touch".
I love that it's seen as a lot less strange to 'send' virtual hugs, or just send along that sentiment right now, though the reason obviously is distressing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, stygal and Fango
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
No Never, just once b4 l go l really would like a real genuine Hug, but l don't see it happening!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fango
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah I can relate, I hate touchy feely stuff like when people rest their head on your shoulder/put hand around you during pictures or rest hand on your shoulder. It makes me uncomfortable

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Fango
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I can relate to this since I do tend to hate touching people and people touching me because it almost never feels warranted. I also feel that no situation ever warrants me touching someone else because who in their right mind would want such a disgusting presence such as myself near them without some kind of ulterior motive? At the same time I'd love to be able to hug someone I can fully trust who trusts me back though.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Fango and LONE WOLF.
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Used to feel that way, now it's the opposite.

Reactions: Fango
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yes, I want affection like anyone else, but I'm also afraid of it.
I think it is actually quite normal in some ways to be afraid of the things you desire.
"The worst thing about wishes is that sometimes they come true."

• Love
Reactions: Mondsucher, Fango and MiserableBastard1995
Achlys

Achlys

So tired...
Apr 23, 2022
I've felt so lonely lately and have been wanting a hug. Well, I received a hug recently, but I cannot stand my body and my appearance. I got too self-conscious, so all I wanted was to escape. Frustrating.