• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I feel like I want to talk to somebody. Like I have something to let out. But I don't know what. My thoughts are sort of all over the place. I've been emailing the Samaritans and letting everything out but I'm not feeling like it's helping much. I don't know what I'm looking for though. I just feel the need to talk. Anyone feel like this sometimes?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Manaaja, Vidar33, Circles and 12 others
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I feel like I want to talk to somebody. Like I have something to let out. But I don't know what. My thoughts are sort of all over the place. I've been emailing the Samaritans and letting everything out but I'm not feeling like it's helping much. I don't know what I'm looking for though. I just feel the need to talk. Anyone feel like this sometimes?
Sometimes it can work better to actually speak with someone instead of just typing words on a screen to vent it out. I feel like this often but given the opportunity, I don't even know where to begin.

Reactions: Vidar33, Circles, Kuris and 2 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
I've had this feeling before there this girl that I like and or got married too but I think I'm in a scenario where everyone who's in on it is pretending like everything that happened to me in the past never happened like the idea that I got married and have two kids it would mean the world to me if I was able to talk to her and see the kids but I'm not certain if that is going to happen I think the opportunity is still there I don't know what I'll say if I do even get the chance or opportunity to say anything but it'll be interesting.

Reactions: Circles, Xaphous and Ivenocare
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I used to, especially when I was in the psych ward. I liked talking to other patients, since they could relate to being suicidal and depressed. These days, I'm fine just typing and not talking. I find it easier to organize my thoughts.

Reactions: Vidar33, Circles, LastFlowers and 5 others
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I used to, especially when I was in the psych ward. I liked talking to other patients, since they could relate to being suicidal and depressed. These days, I'm fine just typing and not talking. I find it easier to organize my thoughts.
I still miss folks from the psych wards because they kept things in real life perspective - no sugar coating or clichés. Realest people I've ever met. I can type online just fine but in real life struggle with conversation with the cashier at the corner store at this point. I don't think this is uncommon for a lot of us.

Reactions: Vidar33, Circles, sunny.sativa and 5 others
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I still miss folks from the psych wards because they kept things in real life perspective - no sugar coating or clichés. Realest people I've ever met. I can type online just fine but in real life struggle with conversation with the cashier at the corner store at this point. I don't think this is uncommon for a lot of us.
I'm the same way. They were the only people I felt comfortable talking to in person because they could understand how I was feeling and didn't give me empty platitudes about life getting better if you give it more time or that I have so many things to look forward to. It made me feel less alone in the world. I often wonder how many of them are still around and didn't end their lives.

Reactions: Vidar33, Circles, LastFlowers and 5 others
Bärchen

Bärchen

Distracting myself through Life
Apr 7, 2019
I would love to tell a woman at work that i like her and spend some together, but thats never going to happen i'm just to shy.

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles, seekingoblivion, Halo13 and 3 others
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I think it is easier to organize your thoughts through typing. There's good space to do that as compared to talking face to face. I personally just don't feel like my words have left my head sometimes. Only thing is I wouldn't be able to say anything properly.

Reactions: Vidar33, Circles, Halo13 and 4 others
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Yes it's a horrible feeling.

Reactions: marcusuk63, Circles, seekingoblivion and 3 others
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
The title says it well, yes I feel and have felt that way very often. I don't have a social life so the need to express is always there with no viable solution in my mind. I just have the long conversations with myself in my head which doesn't satiate my needs.

Reactions: Vidar33, Circles, seekingoblivion and 1 other person
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I think it is easier to organize your thoughts through typing. There's good space to do that as compared to talking face to face. I personally just don't feel like my words have left my head sometimes. Only thing is I wouldn't be able to say anything properly.
Same here. You also don't have to worry about being self conscious like you do when you talk to someone in person.

Reactions: Circles, LastFlowers, seekingoblivion and 2 others
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Same here. You also don't have to worry about being self conscious like you do when you talk to someone in person.
God yes! You could be farting it up while you're typing to someone but you have to keep those cheeks squeezed tight when you're talking to them in person.

It's just right now it doesn't feel real to me to talk electronically. I don't know. Guess my loneliness is increasing in severity.
The title says it well, yes I feel and have felt that way very often. I don't have a social life so the need to express is always there with no viable solution in my mind. I just have the long conversations with myself in my head which doesn't satiate my needs.
Yeah after talking to myself for such a long time I feel like I need a break from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vidar33, Circles and Xaphous
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
God yes! You could be farting it up while you're typing to someone but you have to keep those cheeks squeezed tight when you're talking to them in person.

It's just right now it doesn't feel real to me to talk electronically. I don't know. Guess my loneliness is increasing in severity.

Yeah after talking to myself for such a long time I feel like I need a break from me.
LOL :P

I know what you mean. It's because there's no human contact involved and it's just words on a screen. It's missing that human connection you can only get from talking to someone face to face. It's better than talking to yourself though.

Reactions: Vidar33, seekingoblivion and Halo13
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019

I'm now thinking all of us type to each other doing this lol!

Reactions: Circles and seekingoblivion
Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
I made the most important person in my life hate me, and I still wish for another chance to talk to him... knowing full well that nothing I could say would have any real chance of fixing things anyway.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pupuce, Circles, seekingoblivion and 2 others
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
LOL :P

I know what you mean. It's because there's no human contact involved and it's just words on a screen. It's missing that human connection you can only get from talking to someone face to face. It's better than talking to yourself though.
Yeah that's exactly it. The human connection. What you say about it just being words on a screen rings so true.

Lol yeah solo conversations can only take you so far.
I'm now thinking all of us type to each other doing this lol!
Oh I'm quite sure there's a lot more we do while typing to each other lol
I made the most important person in my life hate me, and I still wish for another chance to talk to him... knowing full well that nothing I could say would have any real chance of fixing things anyway.
I'm really sorry. Would you like to talk about it? I'd be willing to listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vidar33, Circles and Apostle
Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
I'm really sorry. Would you like to talk about it? I'd be willing to listen.
Thank you very much for that, I appreciate the kindness a lot. But I don't think I should. You are suffering enough, much worse than I am, without my life's pathetic story in front of you.

Reactions: Vidar33 and Circles
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
I would love to tell a woman at work that i like her and spend some together, but thats never going to happen i'm just to shy.
Okay but if you never TRY, it's for sure 100% positively not gonna happen. For sure. You're right.

But wouldn't you rather have the chance?! I mean, c'mon. At THIS point, what do we have to lose? If she says no, fineeee, at least she'd respect the fact that you talked to her like a man, dude. Gives you a 50% chance instead of 0%, y'feel me?

This isn't meant to be rude, I mean this as a motivational thing. There's nothing to lose, darlin, I say go for it :))

To OP: I've been able to relate to your post in the past. I now have a fairly trustworthy support system.. I do have to be careful with my words, sometimes or I'll get caught up...

To everyone: I know I'm just an internet stranger weirdo, but if it would help you in even the most minute way, feel free to send me your most daunting struggles novel through DM. I'd love to listen and offer any kind of comfort. Even if you don't want me to respond, I'll read it. I care.

Last edited:
Reactions: WinterIsComing, Circles, Alchemist and 1 other person
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Thank you very much for that, I appreciate the kindness a lot. But I don't think I should. You are suffering enough, much worse than I am, without my life's pathetic story in front of you.
I understand how you feel. I feel that way too if I'm offered an ear from here. But please, if you actually want to talk I am ready to listen. Hell it could be helpful for both of us. And I'm pretty sure my story is just as pathetic as yours if not more lol

Reactions: Circles and Apostle
Bärchen

Bärchen

Distracting myself through Life
Apr 7, 2019
Okay but if you never TRY, it's for sure 100% positively not gonna happen. For sure. You're right.

But wouldn't you rather have the chance?! I mean, c'mon. At THIS point, what do we have to lose? If she says no, fineeee, at least she'd respect the fact that you talked to her like a man, dude. Gives you a 50% chance instead of 0%, y'feel me?

This isn't meant to be rude, I mean this as a motivational thing. There's nothing to lose, darlin, I say go for it :))
You are right, but i never managed to this in the past. Its incredible hard for me, like a blockade.

Reactions: Circles
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
You are right, but i never managed to this in the past. Its incredible hard for me, like a blockade.
I totally get that, it's totally not easy whatsoever. For sure a challenge.

Reactions: Circles
Dun Emeritus

Dun Emeritus

I hope I die today.
May 22, 2019
Well, I have a lot to say. But, when I think about what I want people to tell me in response to that: I draw a blank. Talking about my problems with anyone does not make me feel better or magically change my situation. I also don't think a therapist can help me unless they prescribe antidepressants. And even if they do, I can't afford it. There's really nowhere to go.

Reactions: seekingoblivion and Circles
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Hells yeah. I have also e-mailed the Samaritans. Once, it was helpful. The second time (a few years later), not so much.
My problem is I usually blurt out my feelings to people, and watch their eyes widen, and there is a look on their face, like they're realizing all of the sudden that the person who is talking might be a little "out there." At least you have the presence of mind to vent here or w/the Samaritans. Vent to us. Say what you want to say to us. Maybe you can start with how you're feeling physically.

Reactions: Severen, seekingoblivion and Circles
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Hells yeah. I have also e-mailed the Samaritans. Once, it was helpful. The second time (a few years later), not so much.
My problem is I usually blurt out my feelings to people, and watch their eyes widen, and there is a look on their face, like they're realizing all of the sudden that the person who is talking might be a little "out there." At least you have the presence of mind to vent here or w/the Samaritans. Vent to us. Say what you want to say to us. Maybe you can start with how you're feeling physically.
Thank you for your words. I'm sorry you get that reaction from people when you share your feelings. We always hear about how we should open up and share our darkest thoughts and emotions with the people in our lives but one wonders if the people saying this don't consider that many people don't have open minded and compassionate people in their lives.
I vent here and there but I don't really care to do it as it has become another pointless act to me largely.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Thank you for your words. I'm sorry you get that reaction from people when you share your feelings. We always hear about how we should open up and share our darkest thoughts and emotions with the people in our lives but one wonders if the people saying this don't consider that many people don't have open minded and compassionate people in their lives.
I vent here and there but I don't really care to do it as it has become another pointless act to me largely.
That's unfortunate. Venting/connecting with people still helps me feel better. I don't have the discipline to journal, but when I did used to journal, I burdened people less with my feelings. Maybe a useful exercise would be to imagine a scenario/set of circumstances that would make you feel better. You succeeded in empathizing with me & as a result made me feel better. Can you envision a reaction from others that might provide you with some solace? I don't know exactly how this might help, but it just occurred to me. Someone on this site mentioned cleverbot, a website that allows one to converse with oneself. I'm going to try that.

Reactions: Severen and seekingoblivion
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
That's unfortunate. Venting/connecting with people still helps me feel better. I don't have the discipline to journal, but when I did used to journal, I burdened people less with my feelings. Maybe a useful exercise would be to imagine a scenario/set of circumstances that would make you feel better. You succeeded in empathizing with me & as a result made me feel better. Can you envision a reaction from others that might provide you with some solace? I don't know exactly how this might help, but it just occurred to me. Someone on this site mentioned cleverbot, a website that allows one to converse with oneself. I'm going to try that.
I'm glad I made you feel better! I tend not to like imagining scenarios that might make me feel better cause when I come back from that imagination I feel worse about it not being reality.

Cleverbot sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
I did. And I lost my last gf over it. I couldn't speak my mind, and got frustrated because of that, and since she wasn't the patient one let's say I'm free for 8 months now. But God does it haunt me. And i'm enough of an idiot to discharge my frustration on whoever is in front of me, it didn't help either.

• Aww..
Reactions: seekingoblivion
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I did. And I lost my last gf over it. I couldn't speak my mind, and got frustrated because of that, and since she wasn't the patient one let's say I'm free for 8 months now. But God does it haunt me. And i'm enough of an idiot to discharge my frustration on whoever is in front of me, it didn't help either.
I'm sorry about that mate. It's incredible how our minds can cost us so much in life. You ever tried contacting something like the Samaritans? You can offload whatever hell is bothering you and they're not supposed to judge you for it.

Reactions: Pupuce
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I have had that feeling many times I had to stop opening up though since I do not want to get involuntary held for sharing my thoughts. That is why I love this place this is really the only social activity I do. I'm not on any other forums or social media at all. I feel safe here to open up and nothing will be used against me. Of course I do this behind Tor and a VPN for the extra security and change my VPN location daily just for a little extra :)

We are here though if you ever need to vent, or just talk to someone I am only a DM away! Hope you are feeling ok :) <3

Reactions: not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Talking to Samaritans is unsatisfying because they aren't real people; you already know they only have one agenda to serve, and only one answer to give, so it's basically just like talking to a bot with no thought, just programmed responses. No matter what you say, their job is just to repeat their agenda.
"-Don't kill yourself because we disapprove.
-Don't kill yourself, that's bad.
-Aww, what you're going through sounds difficult. Don't kill yourself.
-That seems like it would be very frustrating, can we send an ambulance or a couple trigger happy cops to forcibly hospitalize you so that you can be misunderstood in an uncomfortable institutional setting for awhile? Will that help you to not kill yourself?

They could just program a recording to do that shit. Probably already use AI chatbots sometimes.