H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
I'm thinking about saving money to go to the Netherlands for euthanasia. I know it cost a lot--the average is 10,000 dollars. I can give myself three years to get the money. Why I prefer this over any method discussed here is that I would still receive N and fall asleep peacefully, and there might be a chance my family could be with me in the because I'm in a country that actually has empathy for depressed people and it's legal--they couldn't stop me and have closure. Is it viable for me to go to the Netherlands and CTB despite being a United States citizen if I have the funds? Thanks, Willow.

Reactions: Silvermorning and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Switzerland might be easier, not sure though.

• Wow
Reactions: Heart Shards
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
Reactions: Disappointered
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
It looks like the Netherlands requires you to see a doctor there for a long time before they'll even think about it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide and Heart Shards
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I think there are two organizations in Switzerland now, Dignitas and Pegasos. They might have different policies from one another but I haven't looked into it. Maybe the Swiss law already forbids psychiatric as a grounds.

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I don't know if they make exception for psychiatric disorders.
No one here is really going to help you because they primarily dont accept people with mental illness and also the cost which most people on here have mental illness and no money all u can do is try i have a physical illness and am going to do the same i dont have that much knowledge about it either so its really distressing plus my shitty memory makes it all impossible sometimes

• Aww..
Reactions: Heart Shards and Disappointered
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
Yeah. I'll take shot with Pegasos. I'm sure after a few interviews with doctors and psychs, I can convince them it's a sound minded decision. Just be calm and explain that I understand the finality of death and have considered it greatly.
Pegaos Swiss Association is a voluntary assisted dying (VAD) organization based in Basel, Switzerland. Pegasos believes that it is the human right of every rational adult of sound mind, regardless of state of health, to choose the manner and timing of their death.
Fuck never mind. they don't help depressed people. I give up. My parents fucked me over--why couldn't they go to sleep that night.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
BLUE1970

BLUE1970

Experienced
Nov 3, 2020
Euthanasia due to psychiatric suffering is indeed legal in the Netherlands.

[t]he euthanasia law in the Netherlands has no requirement that a patient be close to death. The law's directives are few and broadly drawn. Aside from obtaining formal consent—a patient's request must be "informed" and "voluntary and well considered"—the doctor must be "satisfied" that two conditions are met: The patient has "unbearable suffering, without prospect of improvement," and there is "no reasonable alternative" to address it. The doctor must use the euthanasia medications properly, and she must consult an independent physician—though she is not bound by this outside consultant's opinion. Indeed, as long as the patient is at least 16, no other person's consent except the patient's is mandatory. (Parents of 16- and 17-year-olds are involved in the discussion, but their permission is not required. Patients as young as 12 can seek euthanasia with parental consent. In about 10 cases since 2002, children ages 12 to 17 have received euthanasia; as far as I know, all were for physical illnesses.)

• Love
Reactions: Heart Shards and Disappointered
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Yeah. I'll take shot with Pegasos. I'm sure after a few interviews with doctors and psychs, I can convince them it's a sound minded decision. Just be calm and explain that I understand the finality of death and have considered it greatly.
Pegaos Swiss Association is a voluntary assisted dying (VAD) organization based in Basel, Switzerland. Pegasos believes that it is the human right of every rational adult of sound mind, regardless of state of health, to choose the manner and timing of their death.
Fuck never mind. they don't help depressed people. I give up. My parents fucked me over--why couldn't they go to sleep that night.
Yeah i think Pegasos might be better i plan on applying there too please keep me updated on your process i actually saved up money i almost have enough

H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
There's no fucking hope at this point. Guess I'm going to have a terrifying death with SN. Rapid beating heart, stomach pain, terible headache, dizziness, and possibly seizure. I just want to fall asleep and call it done. My parents really fucked me over.
Yeah i think Pegasos might be better i plan on applying there too please keep me updated on your process i actually saved up money i almost have enough
I just read on Pegasus website they don't help suicidal people, they refer us to counseling services. Fuck that. It isn't helping me now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
There's no fucking hope at this point. Guess I'm going to have a terrifying death with SN. Rapid beating heart, stomach pain, terible headache, dizziness, and possibly seizure. I just want to fall asleep and call it done. My parents really fucked me over.

I just read on Pegasus website they don't help suicidal people, they refer us to counseling services. Fuck that. It isn't helping me now.
Sn not that bad obviously #1 rule go to a motel hotel make sure your not seen for at least 12 hours thats whats really the reason people fail sometimes other than that just follow the plan i have stomach issues (of course right) and the fucked up thing is i started getting my stomach issues as soon as i found SN as a method on here. Great fucking luck i have right? :meh: Anyways good luck

• Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning and Heart Shards
Leo

Leo

Catching flight soon.....bus is too slow
Sep 28, 2018
There are many peaceful exits with SN also. Just need a proper aproach.

Reactions: Disappointered