KUA

KUA

Jun 12, 2020
I have been thinking through this concept for the past few weeks. Before I joined SS, I was convinced there was an afterlife, however, now I think that death is like an eternal dreamless sleep, although I still believe in God. What are people's thoughts on the concept of eternal oblivion? Does it make you happy or scare you?

rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
I don't believe in an afterlife and it makes me happy that one day, later or (hopefully) sooner, I will cease to exist, to feel, to be.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, LetzteAusfahrt, Lmd and 2 others
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I believe there is an afterlife, and when I die I will go to Heaven. Not from anything I have done, but because of Jesus dying for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Heart Shards
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
It's really 50/50. Either there is one, or there isn't.

Reactions: I screwed up
cyclamen

cyclamen

Jul 11, 2020
To picture how I always thought of death, I'd tell you to imagine what it was like before you were born.

I was raised an atheist, so I never believed in an afterlife. But, when I was very young, that concept of death and eternal nothingness terrified me to no end.

Now that I want to end my life, its comforting that if there really is no afterlife, I'll finally be able to rest. I dont think the oblivion should be something to be scared of, because, by then, you wont be able to be scared. Because you wont be anything.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and rhiino
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I believe in God and in Heaven, but honestly sometimes I hope there really isn't a Heaven and that there's nothing after death. Eternal oblivion sounds amazing. I just want to be free of all my anxiety and other demons, and it's hard to imagine that would change in the afterlife.

s3gfault

s3gfault

No Brain No Pain
Jun 29, 2020
Either nothing or some sort of rebirth. Either way you'll have no knowledge of your past self.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo
Baguette

Baguette

Jun 28, 2020
I was raised an atheist, so I never believed in an afterlife. But, when I was very young, that concept of death and eternal nothingness terrified me to no end.
I used to be terrified of death when I was young as well. One of my earliest memories is when I was 4 years old and my late grandmother was putting me into bed and out of nowhere I asked her what happens when your heart stops beating(I didn't understand the concept of death), she told me that I'd meet with her again one day when the time is right if her heart stopped beating and that she'd always look out for me. I always remembered this moment and it helped me get through my sadness when she died, I was only 7 at the time but I always told myself that she was looking over me.

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
I am 10000% sure that after death there is nothing, nothing comes.
That would be illogical and makes no sense. I don't see any meaning or value in life either, so I'm absolutely not afraid of death or dying. My method must not go too fast, I want to be able to enjoy it very consciously.

I am very much looking forward to realizing that my senses are fading and that I will only exist for a few moments.

The only thing that worries me is the fact that after I die I won't know I'm dead.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I have always hoped there was something after death, but as I have grown, the fear of eternal sleep no longer bothers me, in fact it soothes me, no more concerns no more worries, Yes no more smiles or laughter, no more memories, have what has been made fades away with you,
But in reality life is nothing more then a path to the end, I welcome it now

Reactions: Mukey and Journeytoletgo
U

Ulisses

Arcanist
Feb 21, 2020
that thought makes me happy, because I want death to be forgotten and to forget how things happen to me.

D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
If you kind off follow science and new discoveries its becomming pretty clear that there is no afterlife. everything is pointing towards that and its gonna be hard to break the theories arround that. Imo its a 1/billion that there may be life after death. But it isnt bad we where technically death before we were born too and we didn't care then so why care after it