Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
I'm not scared of the method itself. The foresight of eternal Nothingness freaks me out. I know it cant be bad because we have been there before born already but I just cant wrap my head around it. How do you guys overcome that thought? Do you just not think about it? Picture something nice that comes after death Instead? It's really holding me back and I wanna be outta here rather soon.
Thanks in advance!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, x~Sophia~x, Belaya Noch and 20 others
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
It's not something you're aware of so it doesn't worry me at all, or you could believe in someplace nice.

Epicurus I think it was who said "fear of death comes from the belief that in death there is experience". It's not like you're floating around forever with your thoughts, there is literally nothing - no you to experience anything or think of anything.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, Belaya Noch, Wrennie and 16 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think about it all the time. Everything is weird.

Let's start with being born! That's really difficult! We kicked about 40 millions spermatozoid's asses in order to be in our mothers bellies.

Then, we grow up and learn about this world and some people (the normies) seem to not care about the fact that there is an infinite universe surrounding us, other planets and maybe aliens!

I'm obsessed with the simulation theory. I think when we die, we'll wake up in the "real world" and find life or whatever is beyond of this, some sense.

For the time being, science can't help that much. Humanity might reach Mars in a decade or so but, it won't be a big deal. The answer and aliens are extremely far away.

Or perharps, nothing makes sense in first place and that's why we can't comprehend the concept of "eternal nothingness"

Anyway, I wish I could be a religious person and believe in an overpowered God who is smiling at me and taking care of my life and loved beings.

All in all, I'm amazed about the things humanity can't explain but I'm not scared of death. No matter what happens, I gotta leave this world because it's only getting worse to live here.

• Love
Reactions: Numbtopain97, x~Sophia~x, Life is pointless and 12 others
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
It's not something you're aware of so it doesn't worry me at all, or you could believe in someplace nice.

Epicurus I think it was who said "fear of death comes from the belief that in death there is experience". It's not like you're floating around forever with your thoughts, there is literally nothing - no you to experience anything or think of anything.
I like that thought!

Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Ghost2211 and Endeavour
G

GoneGirl

Student
Dec 15, 2020
Then, we grow up and learn about this world and some people (the normies) seem to not care about the fact that there is an infinite universe surrounding us, other planets and maybe aliens!

... This made me trip a few times. Made me realise how insignificant we really are in the grand scheme of things. Also made me want to fearlessly pursue my dreams.. interesting

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Ghost2211, Endeavour and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
For me it has never been anything I have been really afraid of, the only thing I'm concerned with is possibly dying painfully.

I think once you come to the conclusion that nothingness is far better than living life it can no longer scare you because that is what you crave.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, rayofsunshine, Merlay and 6 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
For me it has never been anything I have been really afraid of, the only thing I'm concerned with is possibly dying painfully.

I think once you come to the conclusion that nothingness is far better than living life it can no longer scare you because that is what you crave.
Excellent point!
I'm also very scared of the pain.

Reactions: Ghost2211, Endeavour and demuic
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019

Im used to pain. My life is raw pain mostly. So I'm not too afraid of it. I just cant stop picturing me being in an infinite void till the end of time Idk. I known there wont be any perception of time but my brain just makes me think these kinda things...

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Ghost2211, demuic and 1 other person
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Im used to pain. My life is raw pain mostly. So I'm not too afraid of it. I just cant stop picturing me being in an infinite void till the end of time Idk. I known there wont be any perception of time but my brain just makes me think these kinda things...
My attempt was similar to going under anesthesia there was no awareness until I woke up again.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Ghost2211
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
My attempt was similar to going under anesthesia there was no awareness until I woke up again.
same. went unconscious with hanging before. but I woke up. without the waking up it would be forever. I cant help but think I will experience something eventually idk. I think about it too much is all I guess. but yes I shouldn't be bad at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Ghost2211
S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
Anything is better than here

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, disabledandhopeless, Merlay and 4 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I'm not scared of the method itself. The foresight of eternal Nothingness freaks me out. I know it cant be bad because we have been there before born already but I just cant wrap my head around it. How do you guys overcome that thought? Do you just not think about it? Picture something nice that comes after death Instead? It's really holding me back and I wanna be outta here rather soon.
Thanks in advance!
As you said, I imagine it as being like before I was born. The idea of having to be conscious after death in any way is what I don't like, although I'd love to at least celebrate being dead, lol.

Imagine it like going to sleep and not waking up, or like the experience of being put under for an operation.

Or imagine the world continuing afterwards, just without you. Think of people you know have died?? What we do on Earth has lingering effects and that's enough to satisfy my need to know "I was here". Next I'm going to perform my own form of anaesthesia and hope that I just sleep for ever more.

Reactions: Ramirez, Merlay, IAmExhausted and 1 other person
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
if I continue to exist as energy,
I imagine myself drifting in space in energy form,
No particular thoughts or feelings.
Just observing.

If brain death is the other scenarios I believe in,
then upon reflection there's not a lot I can do at this point to improve my life so I'm content with not existing. I compare death to going to sleep. You may or may not ask yourself question while you are dying but it doesn't matter because it will be over soon.

at some point, the body is going to feel weak,
hopefully people choosing more peaceful methods but nonetheless,
if you lose consciousness, chances are you are probably not gonna wake up. And there will be no thoughts beyond that point.

• Love
Reactions: Sakura94, Deleted member 22624, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
YOU won't be in the void. Even if our energy/spirit carries on it wouldn't be anything we imagine. All that we imagine and experience is our brain, and when we die so does our brain. You can't suffer from something that YOU are not part of. You don't need to fear what YOU will never feel, hear, see, touch, taste, or smell. Death will come to all that live regardless of if we fear or embrace it. All people should make peace with death since it will come to us all.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, enuff, Ramirez and 9 others
I

IAmExhausted

Dec 6, 2020
I'm so thankful you brought this up!

I'm so afraid of what comes right after you die. I have some sort of a mental block thinking about that. I have the idea you must realize you're dead somehow.

Philosophical or religious ideas. It's such a broad field. I'm not following any of those approaches. I hesitate to call it 'after life'. Maybe it's easier when you're religious?

I have OCD and intrusive thoughts and the idea to be stuck in a loop or whatever is pure horror to me. Sorry, I can't describe my concerns any better.

YOU won't be in the void. Even if our energy/spirit carries on it wouldn't be anything we imagine. All that we imagine and experience is our brain, and when we die so does our brain. You can't suffer from something that YOU are not part of. You don't need to fear what YOU will never feel, hear, see, touch, taste, or smell. Death will come to all that live regardless of if we fear or embrace it. All people should make peace with death since it will come to us all.
I want to believe that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and Ghost2211
it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
It depends on your perspective; eternal nothingness is very peaceful to me. I won't have to feel or do anything anymore. It's cool. :happy:

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, enuff and Deleted member 22624
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I like that! Nothing we can imagine. Where pain probably isn't even a concept. It's not a possibility.

Reactions: GoneGirl and Ghost2211
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I don't like it really I mean, it interferes with my internal fears. I don't want to imagine that I may never return as a presence on my own but that may be how it is. We can't be sure but we can have our hopes up, and those I have given away.

I would like to imagine there's some mystery man that has fucked my life over only to bring me back just showcasing all my mistakes to give me a second chance, someone who controls time for another benefactor ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and Ghost2211
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I don't like it really I mean, it interferes with my internal fears. I don't want to imagine that I may never return as a presence on my own but that may be how it is. We can't be sure but we can have our hopes up, and those I have given away.

I would like to imagine there's some mystery man that has fucked my life over only to bring me back just showcasing all my mistakes to give me a second chance, someone who controls time for another benefactor ;)
I'd wanna punch him so bad

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I've been under anesthesia so many times that it's easy for me to expect death will be like succumbing to anesthesia then never knowing anything again, no memories, no dreams or nightmares, no experiences, hopes or regrets. Each time I've gone under anesthesia, I have taken it for granted that I may not wake up. That simplifies matters for me a bit.

Reactions: IAmExhausted, Good4Nothing and Deleted member 22624
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I think when we die, we'll wake up in the "real world" and find life or whatever is beyond of this, some sense.
I agree with this. We are in a trapped area of reality and when we die we escape it to go live in a different but more real place without the problems. And we are much more tuned in to others in such a way that we don't have the competition and other problems as we see the reality of our connectedness.

I also think there are some who simply sleep until the next birth, and some who spend lots of time between lives doing things there they enjoy. And some who merge with the universal consciousness which is probably the ultimate goal.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Deleted member 22624 and WornOutLife
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
If you're that freaked out by it you could really try imagining any scenario you see fit in your situation.
Maybe to be in a world only around people you'll like and where all your problems are solved. Doesn't hurt to try and you don't have to be religious or anything to do so.

After all it's only the transitioning phase after applying your method in which one is barely conscious but the brain still works and sends out last signals which is "scary" afterwards you're self won't notice "eternal nothingness".

Starseedchip

Starseedchip

Born to Die
Oct 13, 2019
It's an appropriate concern to have. Biologically speaking there is always going to be a bit of anxiety around death. However our fears surrounding death are also cultural. Death is treated as something shameful in our society. I have been dedicating time everyday to think about and engage with death. It helps combat some of my worries.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, CC123, Ramirez and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Maybe it is deliberate that we are blocked off from knowing or remembering what lies after death of the body.
Because if we knew, we wouldn't want to be here at all.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Maybe it's the same as before we were born, and to make sure it's erased, we also lose our first few years of memory

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It's an appropriate concern to have. Biologically speaking there is always going to be a bit of anxiety around death. However our fears surrounding death are also cultural. Death is treated as something shameful in our society. I have been dedicating time everyday to think about and engage with death. It helps combat some of my worries.
I tend to think the fear of Death is mostly cultural. Good to see someone agrees with me somewhat. Most people here seem more knowledgeable than the automatons ( "the normies"). but even here most seem to me to still think It's mostly biological (DNA) .and there could be a DNA component but when i was 1 week old ,or a month old i didn't even know what Death was or anything really so that was learned imo. I mean babies say their first word at 10 to 14 months of age . So the brain is learning all those 10 months just to be able to say a word and the brain is learning the most in those early days .

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Deleted member 22624 and Starseedchip
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I tend to think the fear of Death is mostly cultural. Good to see someone agrees with me somewhat. Most people here seem more knowledgeable than the automatons ( "the normies"). but even here most seem to me to still think It's mostly biological (DNA) .and there could be a DNA component but when i was 1 week old ,or a month old i didn't even know what Death was or anything really so that was learned imo. I mean babies say their first word at 10 to 14 months of age . So the brain is learning all those 10 months just to be able to say a word and the brain is learning the most in those early days .
I think the evidence for this could be found in that: most people brought up in a religious family probably believe in what was taught in early childhood - even if their family changed religion around their birth. We believe what we're taught unless we have methods and evidence to question things or are naturally very questioning, but I think that level is unusual outside of scientific culture

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc