• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I was looking at the enneagram website, and I think I'm at the unhealthy level of my type (5). I wonder if other people are also at the unhealthy level of theirs. I think I'm probably schizoid or avoidant…

Unhealthy Levels

Level 7: Become reclusive and isolated from reality, eccentric and nihilistic. Highly unstable and fearful of aggressions: they reject and repulse others and all social attachments.

Level 8: Get obsessed yet frightened by their threatening ideas, becoming horrified, delirious, and prey to gross distortions and phobias.

Level 9: Seeking oblivion, they may commit suicide or have a psychotic break with reality. Deranged, explosively self-destructive, with schizophrenic overtones. Generally corresponds to the Schizoid Avoidant and Schizotypal personality disorders.

I'm 539 and this part definitely sounds like me. I don't know what I want. I don't even know myself…

"Threes report that when they realize to what extent they have adapted their lives to the expectations of others, the question arises, "Well, then, what do I want?" They often simply did not know; it was not a question that had ever come up before. Thus, the fundamental dilemma of Threes is that they have not been allowed to be who they really are and to manifest their own authentic qualities. At a young age, they got the message that they were not allowed to have feelings and be themselves: they must, in effect, be someone else to be accepted."

Last edited:
G

grogu

Dec 11, 2023
I am having obsessive fears that are tough to shake so I can relate to the Level 8. I haven't looked into the enneagram and I will try to check it out. I am new to this forum and am grateful to have found this forum

I think I am a loyalist type as I am still seeking safety in life

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
Level 7: Become reclusive and isolated from reality, eccentric and nihilistic. Highly unstable and fearful of aggressions: they reject and repulse others and all social attachments.
I don't have much clue about enneagram, but I say this pretty much describes me...

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Yeah I relate to the description of an "unhealthy" type 5 pretty well, especially levels 8 and 9. I've definitely become "obsessed" with the idea, the concept, of suicide as the highest expression of rationality, freedom, and autonomy. And I seek oblivion (I literally use that exact phrasing in my head, either that or seeking annihilation).

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
My enneagram is Type 4, and the unhealthy levels very much sound like me...

Level 7: When dreams fail, become self-inhibiting and angry at self, depressed and alienated from self and others, blocked and emotionally paralyzed. Ashamed of self, fatigued and unable to function.

Level 8: Tormented by delusional self-contempt, self-reproaches, self-hatred, and morbid thoughts: everything is a source of torment. Blaming others, they drive away anyone who tries to help them.

Level 9: Despairing, feel hopeless and become self-destructive, possibly abusing alcohol or drugs to escape. In the extreme: emotional breakdown or suicide is likely. Generally corresponds to the Avoidant, Depressive, and Narcissistic personality disorders.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
My enneagram is Type 4, and the unhealthy levels very much sound like me...

Level 7: When dreams fail, become self-inhibiting and angry at self, depressed and alienated from self and others, blocked and emotionally paralyzed. Ashamed of self, fatigued and unable to function.

Level 8: Tormented by delusional self-contempt, self-reproaches, self-hatred, and morbid thoughts: everything is a source of torment. Blaming others, they drive away anyone who tries to help them.

Level 9: Despairing, feel hopeless and become self-destructive, possibly abusing alcohol or drugs to escape. In the extreme: emotional breakdown or suicide is likely. Generally corresponds to the Avoidant, Depressive, and Narcissistic personality disorders.
You mentioned that I also seemed like a Type 7 to you. I was looking at its page and it seemed to describe me as well. I don't have any addictions though

Unhealthy Levels

Level 7:
Desperate to quell their anxieties, can be impulsive and infantile: do not know when to stop. Addictions and excess take their toll: debauched, depraved, dissipated escapists, offensive and abusive.

Level 8: In flight from self, acting out impulses rather than dealing with anxiety or frustrations: go out of control, into erratic mood swings, and compulsive actions (manias).

Level 9: Finally, their energy and health is completely spent: become claustrophobic and panic-stricken. Often give up on themselves and life: deep depression and despair, self-destructive overdoses, impulsive suicide. Generally corresponds to the Bipolar disorder and Histrionic personality disorder

Reactions: Malaria