• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
I asked you a question. Plain English. You're dodging it? Let me take a wild guess. You don't have one. No expertise, no opinion. Languages evolve whether you like it or not. Bye :kiss:
Questions that serve no purpose beyond self validation aren't worth answering

Reactions: HuskyD'hiver
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
1. Using the word "like" as a placeholder for your sentence. People who shoehorn "like" into the same sentence four or five times are so committed to not listening to you, that they spoke before thinking out their response and the "like" is simply buying time for them to think of what to say next. These people talk for their health.

2. Using the word "literally" when there's no figure of speech at play. Holy fucking God I hate this one. People under 25 have such poor rhetorical skills, they have stripped all meaning away from this word to create in its place another way to connote emphasis. Now all "literally" means is "I REALLY mean it so please listen to me"

3. The word "but" altogether. "And" is additionally, "or" is aternatively, "but" is always followed up with some absolute contradictory horse shit.

im very much guilty of all three original points but i dont really care. i still see alot of youre/your confusion everywhere but theres nothing in me to care, if its readable its fine to me.

I

inutil

Apr 22, 2024
I saw a report in which the Portuguese were complaining that the younger generations were speaking "Brazilian" because of soap operas and the internet.
This happens in all languages, something that irritates me is that younger people say "tipe" in every sentence and more than once, they also say "finally" but without finishing anything.
If you talk to someone who is 80 years old, they will complain about us in the same way.
but it is undeniable that we are experiencing a dumbing down of the population.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Plurals. Sometimes we add an "s". Sometimes add an "es". Sometimes do nothing. Sometimes use a completely different word. How do you know which one to do? 🤷

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This isn't very sigma. On gyatt, Fanum tax got ratio'd no cap. Truly served with all that skibidi rizz.

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
There's only really one:
"I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less".

I like a lot of the changes in the language that wind some people up 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Forveleth

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
There's only really one:
"I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less".

I like a lot of the changes in the language that wind some people up 🤷‍♂️
I like "I could care less" because it dares me to care even less than I already do

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I like "I could care less" because it dares me to care even less than I already do
It can be explained this way, but in my experience people use it like they would "I don't give a damn", rather than as a warning that they could literally care less than they do. Ultimately my irritation is irrational as I catch their drift.

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
It can be explained this way, but in my experience people use it like they would "I don't give a damn", rather than as a warning that they could literally care less than they do. Ultimately my irritation is irrational as I catch their drift.
Holy fucking God I hate when people say literally