Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
It's nothing new that twitter has always been in favor of the left
Amazing how many people on this website seem to think pointing at actual capitalism and saying "the left run this" makes them very smart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivion Access, DynamicDepression and SofterSoftest
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Lefty loosy, righty tighty. I is clever see. Look mom, no hands.

Honestly no idea what I'm trying to say. Just put some words together in a moment of silliness.

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Doombox
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Any brainwashed anti leftists who think that elon musk is good for free speech should realise that

1) Twitter is already home to many neo nazis such as Varg Vikernes, who happily tweets away
2) Elon musk like anyone else would never let true free speech be allowed there. If he would, this site's users could migrate to twitter. Instead, he wants authentication of all accounts.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
6dyx5a.jpg

• Yay!
Reactions: Manaaja, deleted, Doombox and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
That, and just celebrities as a whole too. Getting into arguments and fights on social media to defend people who most likely don't care that they're exist at all. Just couldn't be me.
This is really just a distraction from people's problems in their own lives- a lot of people have problems that they believe are unfixable, so focusing on something else like this is at least a distraction that can lessen their own pain.
I'm assuming that 40B will be earned back in revenue anyway, right? It's not like buying a consumable item. It's a business. Much like investing in property, the money eventually returns and the spender can then use that money another way.
Will it be a good investment? I doubt if ELon Musk would have done this unless the numbers made sense to him. He did pay a 40% premium over the stock value, which is a lot, but it's probably what he had to do. What is to prevent someone from starting a similar, competing service? Not too much, it would just take time. Trump is trying to but it has been bumpy so far. It kind of seems like a waste of money, but we'll see how it plays out.

Last edited:
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
This is just fodder for the sleeping masses. Elon Musk is a fraud, but if you believe he is legit you need to consider how much influence over the world do you want for someone that names his daughter 'Exa Dark Sidarael'. He's a clown, a frontman.

But to answer the OP, which is operating at a very low cognitive capacity: buying one of the largest avenues for information gives you the ability to influence the world to such an extent that you could mitigate much more suffering over time than just sending money directly to the poor.

Reactions: jandek
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
This is just fodder for the sleeping masses. Elon Musk is a fraud, but if you believe he is legit you need to consider how much influence over the world do you want for someone that names his daughter 'Exa Dark Sidarael'. He's a clown, a frontman.

But to answer the OP, which is operating at a very low cognitive capacity: buying one of the largest avenues for information gives you the ability to influence the world to such an extent that you could mitigate much more suffering over time than just sending money directly to the poor.
How do you envision someone who is a fraud and a clown choosing to use Twitter to mitigate suffering?

X

xxxbmw

Student
Apr 19, 2022
I guess he just wants control of the media or just (power)

DeutscheKartoffel

DeutscheKartoffel

Reclaiming my human rights & liberty thru suicide.
Dec 12, 2021
Not sure if good thing for chinese dissidents posting on twitter since Elon musk Tesla factories are in mainland China. This cannot be good.