• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Hello forum people I hope you are well as can be expected.
I am having an unusual behaviour from one of my teenage cats (she is 17).
Nothing like this until the last few weeks. She yowls for attention but when me or my
house pal go in the room she goes quiet until we leave the room.

PS the door is left open so she can come out / see us from the room (she is deaf and we try to compensate for this where possible in daily life).

Just looking for some ideas as it feels tiring always trying to make sure she is okay.
Plenty of hugs then sit down, cat yowls again.
This can repeat five times in a row sometimes more.

I have tried suggesting we don't attend to her always, but with an elderly deaf cat, whom then yowls constantly again, where do you draw the line?
Any ideas and suggestions welcome.

D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Have you tested her eyesight ? My dog Shelly Belly is blind and freaks out when she loses our scent.

Meaning not just the visual but it could also be glaucoma/cancer if it is eyesight related, that causes pain.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
like @re_pete_x said you should get her tested. until then have you tried something to comfort her? maybe one of your shirts that has your scent on it? thats how i plan on keeping my girls calm when i move them to the new place

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Hi guys thank you for both suggestions. She sleeps in my pal's room so she's on his bed most of the day, so she has his scent so maybe she misses mine. I hug her as often as I am able (slight allergy but I do my best) and I'm glad when she ventures out. The lounge is right by his bedroom so she can see us from the room.
I keep the heating on for her as she has arthritis in a back leg (spotted by neighbour one day sometime ago). Thank you @re_pete_x we will get her eyes tested.