• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

puppybrained

puppybrained

worst angel ever
Jul 15, 2024
i developed an ED over the past year, it's gotten pretty bad recently due to stress. i don't eat much, when i do i feel bad about it until i can make myself throw up. but i digress.
i had gone some days without eating, i dont know how long as i hadnt really realized how little i had eaten until i became extremely sick, went pale and nearly passed out, then unwillingly vomited when i tried to eat. this wouldnt have been too bad but i was with friends, and i felt really guilty after for ruining our time together.
does anyone have advice on how/when to break a fast? good foods to eat? i've been recommended not to eat carbs, as that will make me feel more sick.
better yet, what can i eat very little of over time to keep me from hitting the wall, without the intense anxiety of gaining weight? any recommendations for good ED foods?
edit: to add, it'd be great if someone can recommend low-effort foods to minimally eat. my bf doesn't like when i don't eat but he doesn't mind that i have an eating disorder. he recommends me to eat something like grilled chicken or salmon and broccoli everyday, but i usually don't have the motivation to make chicken daily.

spottem

spottem

gurl
Jul 23, 2024
i personally stock up on protein bars/shakes and cans of soup with pull tabs.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
What helped me started to work on my ED were those probiotic yogurt drinks. I've found it's a lot easier to get myself to drink than to eat, and yogurt drinks are a good way to get some calories, vitamins, and protein all in a drink. It doesn't replace real meals, but it's still my first go to when I get bad enough that just the idea of eating makes it feel like my throat is closing up. It can be hard to find ones that taste good though. I like Siggi's

puppybrained

puppybrained

worst angel ever
Jul 15, 2024
What helped me started to work on my ED were those probiotic yogurt drinks. I've found it's a lot easier to get myself to drink than to eat, and yogurt drinks are a good way to get some calories, vitamins, and protein all in a drink. It doesn't replace real meals, but it's still my first go to when I get bad enough that just the idea of eating
i personally stock up on protein bars/shakes and cans of soup with pull tabs.
thank you for the recommendations, i'll look into some protein drinks. i think it will be easier for me as well to drink my nutrients instead of eating them, and i won't feel as bad as if i ate a full meal to get it.

enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
Personally I drink hella pho broth it's so good but not so accessible. Perhaps instant miso soup could work for you, it's probiotic too.

puppybrained

puppybrained

worst angel ever
Jul 15, 2024
Personally I drink hella pho broth it's so good but not so accessible. Perhaps instant miso soup could work for you, it's probiotic too.
ah pho broth, that sounds really good, but youre probably right about it being inaccessible because i live somewhere that has nothing T_T
i'll look into the miso soup. i like miso soup, and it doesn't have many cals.

Reactions: enduringwinter
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
ah pho broth, that sounds really good, but youre probably right about it being inaccessible because i live somewhere that has nothing T_T
i'll look into the miso soup. i like miso soup, and it doesn't have many cals.
You can get pho broth on Amazon! Costco also sells instant pho, so you could drink the broth if you're not up to eating the noodles

• Love
Reactions: puppybrained
newlifeimmigration

newlifeimmigration

Jul 17, 2024
Anything liquid is good because it's easy to get down and there's a lot of options for premanufactured stuff that requires no work. its easy to just sip on something absentmindedly over a longer period of time and there's no stress to eat it all at once. Especially with a straw I found that it made it easier to distract myself from thinking about the fact that I was eating. For a long time I used to only drink juice, tea with milk, and these little single serving sipping soup cups that I could just put in the microwave

bluedream

bluedream

Sep 15, 2019
things that are easy to digest and not too high in fiber are good for breaking a fast. my safe foods of that nature include eggs, some turkey, or oatmeal.