• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Mar 9, 2023
The only constant joy in life for me is food maybe I could make this my way out, I feel it'd be a comfortable way to go about ending it all.

Could one really eat their way to death?

How many calories a day would it take?

What foods should I eat to maximise the chances of death?

How long would this method realistically take?

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic and stuckinthemud
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
What do you usually eat? Have you seen the movie "seven"? Eating too much/unhealthy would only lead to health problems over a longer period of time, which could lead to death, but eating something toxic would perhaps be a faster way.

Reactions: _apathetic
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Sounds like it'd be painful.

Reactions: Venessolotic, myusername890 and BlackMoon
throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
That might be painful. I suppose it may work if you lace the foods with stuff to poison yourself but that'll be painful too.

Reactions: BlackMoon
L

lotus_pink

-
Jan 14, 2024
The only constant joy in life for me is food maybe I could make this my way out, I feel it'd be a comfortable way to go about ending it all.

it would make your life worse and take decades to work, not a good method.

Reactions: Venessolotic and FloopZee
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
There are people who weigh 800 lbs and still live

Reactions: Venessolotic, Forever Sleep and stuckinthemud
dustyrainbow

dustyrainbow

Apr 15, 2023
It's possible, but mostly as a long term effect. For example, heart failure (too much pressure from weight or clogged arteries through fat)
The more you gain, the more you'll lose abilities. Life will become worse and worse and the food that once "helped" will become meaningless. You'll feel empty all the time.
Your health condition will worsen over time, shortness of breath, digestion issues, pain...

If you wanna torture yourself - you do you.
But if you want to ctb - I'd rather have a last meal or a week of "lasts meals" and then choose a different method, than hoping to die from eating.

Maybe I'm biased because I have an eating disorder; former binge eating, and I can barely believe someone would really want that, if they knew every consequence.
But on the other hand I get that thought of, dying while doing something that brings joy...

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I mean technically yeah, but it'll take a lot of time, money, and suffering. I think starving to death would be easier. the heavier you get, the more support you'll need to just be even moderately comfortable.

I also have an eating disorder, recovered binge/purge and now just arfid, and despite my worst binges (over 2k calories in one sitting) I still only gained a little weight. this is the heaviest I've been in my life and I eat like shit. I'm also not the type of body that easily gains fat past a certain point, so I don't think that would even be an option for me, so it may not for you either.

Reactions: stuckinthemud
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I get what you mean, food has been my only source of comfort or "happiness" for sometime now, that is why am having weeks and weeks of "last meals", hopefully one of this days I will have a last last meal.

But eating as a form of ctb method? I guess it would depend on what you "eat", things like SN would be quick and it's lights out in less than 20 minutes. But eating your regular or irregular foods is not a reliable nor comfortable method of ctbing. The more you eat your stomach is going to adopt to it and start stretching and demand more and more food. This will eventually lead to obesity and health complications. You will only endup suffering more and more for years to come until you finally get the sweet release of death.

Reactions: stuckinthemud
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
You'd be surprised how much food people can live with - or live without. My point is you won't be able to commit suicide via eating too much.

XXXWRLD

XXXWRLD

May 22, 2023
Watch the movie 'The Whale' that's what he did.

More likely than not doctors/hospital would intervene to try to save you. Probably wouldn't work imo.

Reactions: Venessolotic and stuckinthemud
E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021
Would you like to suffer day after day the health problems that come with it. Be careful what you wish for

S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023

I only find some pleasure in food too. I probably consume 3000-4000 calories a day and do very little but my weight never goes above 165lb :(
Genetics plays a role massively

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I'm gonna poo over your idea.
Firsty trying to get a fat person out of someone's house to take to hospital morgue etc or funeral director is an absolute nightmare. In some cases windows taken apart and even a wall.
I love food. I'm not thin but I also know how hard it is to deal with those cases.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm not sure if you mean- can you eat yourself to death in a single sitting or- over a period of years? I suspect with the first one- the body has mechanisms to protect itself. You'll reach a point where it's painful to eat any more. You won't physically want more and- you'll be sick. The body tends to notice when we try to poison it.

I've had extremes with diet. I'd say I was a borderline binge eater and I also lost 5 stone at one point. When I began eating richer food again, it triggered a binge and I was sick because my body wasn't used to it anymore.

Do you ever watch documentaries on morbid obesity though? It doesn't look at all fun. Open sores all over the body because they are unable to clean themselves properly. They can't move around enough to maintain good blood circulation. Diabetes is very common and with that- problems with the feet and eyes. It's not uncommon for people to lose sight and have amputations. So yeah- it probably would kill you in the end but there's no telling how long it would take and how much you would suffer beforehand. Plus- like other people have said- it's the expense of it all. It may get to the point where you can't work anymore. Depends on whether other people will support you I guess.