• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
Typical hydrogen sulfide tutorials tend to involve calcium sulfide (or polysulfide) and hydrochloric acid, or a complicated way to make iron sulfide and then mix that with hydrochloric acid. While these methods certainly do work, calcium sulfide is a little hard to come by and isn't available to everyone.

I found this video telling of a way I was previously unaware of for making hydrogen sulfide. I wonder if any of you who know more about chemistry would shed some light as to whether you could effectively produce enough to die, or if there are any dangers with this technique.
For those who don't know, hydrogen sulfide, even in fairly low concentrations, can quickly kill someone within a minute. It isn't painful because the gas kills your nerves practically instantaneously. When ctbing with such a toxic chemical please do so in a confined space both for your ensured death and for others' safety. Be sure to place hazard signs around your position of death to make sure that emergency workers don't die upon discovering your body.

W

William01

Student
Nov 2, 2021
I done sums research on this prior to getting SN. From what I gather getting the right chemicals can be difficult

peace_van

peace_van

My time stops now.
Sep 9, 2023
I have done a lot of research these days into this method, and it is going to be my method of choice.
I don't think it's hard to source sulfide and acid in most countries?
There are so many sources that the method can hardly be taken down. It's not practical to ban all of them.

The issue is that the exact active sulfide concentration is not known with many sources (aka unreliable).
In this case the amount cannot be calculated and chemicals have to be used excessively.

Here is a list (those in bold are my recommendation):

Sulfide:
  • Unreliable: lime sulfur (it can be home-made by boiling sulfur powder in lime solution, medium to strong), lithopone (medium)
  • Reliable: zinc sulfide (glow powder, medium), sodium sulfide (strong), iron sulfide (medium to weak), orpiment (arsenic sulfide, weak, needs concentrated acid)
  • Unreliable and complicated: sulfur dissolved in sodium hydroxide solution as in the video, magnesium powder heat with sulfur powder, aluminum dissolved in gallium then heat (or just stir is enough?) with sulfur powder, iron powder heat with sulfur powder. Gently heat the mixed powders until the color changes to homogeneous, I advice against igniting them as shown in many Ytb videos

Acid:
  • Unreliable: toilet cleanser (medium to strong?), vinegar (weak), lemonade (weak)
  • Strong: hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, p-Toluenesulfonic acid (tosylic acid)
  • Medium: trichloroacetic acid (skin care), oxalic acid (very commonly sold), dodecylbenzenesulphonic acid (DBSA, detergent), phosphorus acid
  • Weak: citric acid (food additive), acetic acid, ammonium chloride, aluminum chloride as in the video
  • Weakest: water (hot water for magnesium sulfide, cold water for aluminum sulfide, not viable for other sulfide)

Tips:
  • Get at least one reliable source, sulfide or acid. Sulfide is more important
  • Don't use anti-dandruff shampoo for sulfide source, concentration is too low
  • All acids should not be used in high concentration- make sure there's enough water in the system (except for orpiment)
  • Nitrous acid is not viable- sulfur dioxide will be generated in that case
  • Strong sulfide matches weak acid, medium sulfide matches medium acid, weak sulfide matches strong acid, so that reaction is viable and moderate. I strongly advice to try the reaction in small amount before the final attempt, make sure the reaction rate works for the setting
  • Hydrochloric acid is not the best because there could be undesired irritating hydrochloride gas. Same for acetic acid and ammonium chloride
  • ***Best to find a chemical supplier for education or science lab for reliable sources***
  • Choose sources according to local availability
  • If you get two reliable sources, you can calculate the required amount and do the reaction in a closed gas mask setup. This minimizes the risk for first responders and far less chemicals are needed. Note that the lethal concentration of H2S gas is 1000 ppm and to guarantee success it is safe to keep the concentration above this threshold in the room/gas mask for at least 3min. This depends on both the amount of chemicals and the reaction rate. I recommend at least one reagent in its solid form so that the dissolution process naturally moderates the reaction rate.
Say my gas mask set has a volume of ~2L, while human's inspiratory flow rate is normally ~80L/min which means 240L for 3min, the larger value applies here. (If it is carried out in a room, normally the room capacity applies) This means I need to produce at least 240mL H2S gas in total to have the lethal amount. This translates to ~0.01mol (Gas molar volume is ~24L/mol near room temperature).

And I will use sodium sulfide and citric acid. Sodium sulfide normally comes as nonahydrate (Na2S.9H2O, molar mass 240) and the citric acid I get is monohydrate (C6H8O7.H2O, molar mass 210). Theoratically citric acid is triprotic and the acid is strong enough that all the three protons can be accepted by sulfide but I would assume it is monoprotic to make sure the reaction is complete. Therefore denote the acid as HA. (For aluminum/ammonium chloride, though the mechanism is a bit more complicated, it can also be safely assumed as a monoprotic acid)

Na2S.9H2O + 2 HA -> 2 NaA + H2S + 9 H2O
Thus, if 0.01 mol H2S is needed, I need at least 0.01 * 240 = 2.4 g of sodium sulfide nonahydrate and 0.02 * 210 = 4.2 g of citric acid monohydrate.

In reality, I would use a moderately excessive amount to guarantee success as long as the container of the gas mask setup can hold while still be as environmentally-friendly as possible. Another key concern is the reaction rate, it should be as smooth as possible within the 3min. The attempt can fail or be suffering if the reaction rate is too fast- the concentration is like 9999ppm in 10sec and 100ppm later, or it is too slow- the concentration is like 200ppm for 15min. Check this by small amount trials before the final attempt. According to my experience this kind of acid-base reaction should happen fairly easily and smoothly.

The calculation seems complex, and it requires two reliable sources of chemicals- you can choose to do the reaction in a room/car with excessive amount of chemicals without calculation. Also in this case the reaction rate is not a serious concern- just make sure it's neither too slow that keeps you waiting nor too abrupt that the liquid spills out and burns you. Keep in mind it's important to seal the windows and doors and put up signs around to warn others of the danger.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
W

William01

Student
Nov 2, 2021
That's why I posted this video. The chemicals shown are much easier to obtain than calcium sulfide.

LOL
I don't even use Linux but I frequent forums with Linux users. Entertaining
Are you aware of easy items that can be obtained? When u was considering this, I was named an item I needed, but not just anyone can buy it... put me off this then

A

Action

Oct 18, 2023
Lime sulfur spray from the brand 'Bonide' has been commonly used as the sulphate source. Plant nurseries and department stores no longer carry it, and it is restricted to the sale of licensed gardeners. Is there any other place to buy it from?

Reactions: Install-Gentoo
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
Lime sulfur spray from the brand 'Bonide' has been commonly used as the sulphate source. Plant nurseries and department stores no longer carry it, and it is restricted to the sale of licensed gardeners. Is there any other place to buy it from?
I was able to obtain this once online, but it was a 30 pound jug of the stuff, and of a different brand. Which isn't ideal for most h2s self administration enthusiasts.
That's why I posted this alternative method.

Liminal1

Liminal1

Done with it all
Oct 20, 2023
So, I guess you would just take the ingredients found in the video and scale the recipe up to fill a small room or car? Would be great if this worked, though itd be dangerously hazardous to anyone who finds you

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
So, I guess you would just take the ingredients found in the video and scale the recipe up to fill a small room or car? Would be great if this worked, though itd be dangerously hazardous to anyone who finds you
Please please include warning signage in your windows. Tape warning papers to the windows or jam the papers at the window seal. Say to keep the doors closed until chemical disposal people arrive at the scene, and that the gases inside the car can (as evidenced by your body) cause instant death, a fate desirable to us but not to others.
But yes, for the first part yeah just do it in higher quantities. As for what specific numbers I can't say for sure though.

Reactions: Liminal1
C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
I have done a lot of research these days into this method, and it is going to be my method of choice.
I don't think it's hard to source sulfide and acid in most countries?
There are so many sources that the method can hardly be taken down. It's not practical to ban all of them.

The issue is that the exact active sulfide concentration is not known with many sources (aka unreliable).
In this case the amount cannot be calculated and chemicals have to be used excessively.

Here is a list (those in bold are my recommendation):

Sulfide:
  • Unreliable: lime sulfur (it can be home-made by boiling sulfur powder in lime solution, medium to strong), lithopone (medium)
  • Reliable: zinc sulfide (glow powder, medium), sodium sulfide (strong), iron sulfide (medium to weak), orpiment (arsenic sulfide, weak, needs concentrated acid)
  • Unreliable and complicated: sulfur dissolved in sodium hydroxide solution as in the video, magnesium powder heat with sulfur powder, aluminum dissolved in gallium then heat (or just stir is enough?) with sulfur powder, iron powder heat with sulfur powder. Gently heat the mixed powders until the color changes to homogeneous, I advice against igniting them as shown in many Ytb videos

Acid:
  • Unreliable: toilet cleanser (medium to strong?), vinegar (weak), lemonade (weak)
  • Strong: hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, p-Toluenesulfonic acid (tosylic acid)
  • Medium: trichloroacetic acid (skin care), oxalic acid (very commonly sold), dodecylbenzenesulphonic acid (DBSA, detergent), phosphorus acid
  • Weak: citric acid (food additive), acetic acid, ammonium chloride, aluminum chloride as in the video
  • Weakest: water (hot water for magnesium sulfide, cold water for aluminum sulfide, not viable for other sulfide)

Tips:
  • Get at least one reliable source, sulfide or acid. Sulfide is more important
  • Don't use anti-dandruff shampoo for sulfide source, concentration is too low
  • All acids should not be used in high concentration- make sure there's enough water in the system (except for orpiment)
  • Nitrous acid is not viable- sulfur dioxide will be generated in that case
  • Strong sulfide matches weak acid, medium sulfide matches medium acid, weak sulfide matches strong acid, so that reaction is viable and moderate. I strongly advice to try the reaction in small amount before the final attempt, make sure the reaction rate works for the setting
  • Hydrochloric acid is not the best because there could be undesired irritating hydrochloride gas. Same for acetic acid and ammonium chloride
  • ***Best to find a chemical supplier for education or science lab for reliable sources***
  • Choose sources according to local availability
  • If you get two reliable sources, you can calculate the required amount and do the reaction in a closed gas mask setup. This minimizes the risk for first responders and far less chemicals are needed. Note that the lethal concentration of H2S gas is 1000 ppm and to guarantee success it is safe to keep the concentration above this threshold in the room/gas mask for at least 3min. This depends on both the amount of chemicals and the reaction rate. I recommend at least one reagent in its solid form so that the dissolution process naturally moderates the reaction rate.
Say my gas mask set has a volume of ~2L, while human's inspiratory flow rate is normally ~80L/min which means 240L for 3min, the larger value applies here. (If it is carried out in a room, normally the room capacity applies) This means I need to produce at least 240mL H2S gas in total to have the lethal amount. This translates to ~0.01mol (Gas molar volume is ~24L/mol near room temperature).

And I will use sodium sulfide and citric acid. Sodium sulfide normally comes as nonahydrate (Na2S.9H2O, molar mass 240) and the citric acid I get is monohydrate (C6H8O7.H2O, molar mass 210). Theoratically citric acid is triprotic and the acid is strong enough that all the three protons can be accepted by sulfide but I would assume it is monoprotic to make sure the reaction is complete. Therefore denote the acid as HA. (For aluminum/ammonium chloride, though the mechanism is a bit more complicated, it can also be safely assumed as a monoprotic acid)

Na2S.9H2O + 2 HA -> 2 NaA + H2S + 9 H2O
Thus, if 0.01 mol H2S is needed, I need at least 0.01 * 240 = 2.4 g of sodium sulfide nonahydrate and 0.02 * 210 = 4.2 g of citric acid monohydrate.

In reality, I would use a moderately excessive amount to guarantee success as long as the container of the gas mask setup can hold while still be as environmentally-friendly as possible. Another key concern is the reaction rate, it should be as smooth as possible within the 3min. The attempt can fail or be suffering if the reaction rate is too fast- the concentration is like 9999ppm in 10sec and 100ppm later, or it is too slow- the concentration is like 200ppm for 15min. Check this by small amount trials before the final attempt. According to my experience this kind of acid-base reaction should happen fairly easily and smoothly.

The calculation seems complex, and it requires two reliable sources of chemicals- you can choose to do the reaction in a room/car with excessive amount of chemicals without calculation. Also in this case the reaction rate is not a serious concern- just make sure it's neither too slow that keeps you waiting nor too abrupt that the liquid spills out and burns you. Keep in mind it's important to seal the windows and doors and put up signs around to warn others of the danger.

Hope this helps.
if the lime sulfur is 28%, what concentration should hydrochloric acid be? Same? what if it's 37% concentration of HCL?? too strong?

Reactions: hiAbbey
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
if the lime sulfur is 28%, what concentration should hydrochloric acid be? Same? what if it's 37% concentration of HCL?? too strong?
I could do the math for this using chemical masses and stuff but ultimately if you have enough of either you'll do fine. Generally you'll need a bit more HCl than your calcium sulfide, so don't worry about it being too strong. If you have a gallon of each and you're doing it in a small space, you're basically good.

J

jacobryan

Mar 11, 2024
Good source of lime sulfur? Feel free to inbox if you don't want to post it here.