onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Does anyone here celebrate Easter in your country? Are you going to celebrate or not? If yes, how will you celebrate it?
Mine will be spent at home with my cat, probably eating chocolate.

Reactions: TotallyIsolated
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
I will be celebrate with my mom we will make two types of salad. One will be with grapes almond and chicken. Other one is my favorite it is like kebab. We will have something like pound cake but more delicate in consistence and our regional cake called mazurek. It is very crispy cake filled with chocolate and dried fruits and nuts. Version with white chocolate is our favorite. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazurek_(cake)

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames, houseofleaves and onlyanimalsaregood
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really celebrate anything, it will just be another day for me. Everyday is the same, very miserable and depressing.

• Aww..
Reactions: ClownMe and onlyanimalsaregood
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
For us it is not strictly celebration as we don't practise as catcholics anymore. We sufferd too much pain in life to believe in resurection after death and any religion in general.

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves and onlyanimalsaregood
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Fly to Israel, when that Jesus motherfucker rises from the dead, I'm gonna stake him in the heart.

• Yay!
Reactions: stygal, MellowAvenue, houseofleaves and 2 others
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
I will be celebrate with my mom we will make two types of salad. One will be with grapes almond and chicken. Other one is my favorite it is like kebab. We will have something like pound cake but more delicate in consistence and our regional cake called mazurek. It is very crispy cake filled with chocolate and dried fruits and nuts. Version with white chocolate is our favorite. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazurek_(cake)
That sounds delicious and some good Easter plans :) Here in Portugal the regional easter cake is called "Folar".
Folar da pscoa

Last edited:
Reactions: Pluto and Talvikki
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
Fly to Israel, when that Jesus motherfucker rises from the dead, I'm gonna stake him in the heart.
Jesus had good Intenations and very intresting philosophy of acceptance and forgivness for everyone. This man would probably hugged us all and try to make our life bearable. He was a good man. If you want blame a deity blame his father. Old testament god is truly a monster to some extent. I don't want religious war it is just my observation

• Hugs
Reactions: MellowAvenue, LacunaLacrimalis, houseofleaves and 1 other person
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
I don't really celebrate anything, it will just be another day for me. Everyday is the same, very miserable and depressing.
Sorry to hear that :/
For us it is not strictly celebration as we don't practise as catcholics anymore. We sufferd too much pain in life to believe in resurection after death and any religion in general.
Yes I'm not a religious person either. I'm atheist. I just like the fact that the family gets together and I like the food and the chocolates xD But I'll spend alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves and Talvikki
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
That sounds delicious and some good Easter plans :) Here in Portugal the regional easter cake is called "Folar".
View attachment 90525
We have something simillar in Poland regionall cake in shape of rooster. This cake is only make in city called Kazimierz Dolny and it is delicious.
07531888 00D6 4F28 867E 14236F987C5F

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: MellowAvenue, LacunaLacrimalis, Pluto and 1 other person
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
We have something simillar in Poland regionall cake in shape of rooster. This cake is only make in city called Kazimierz Dolny and it is delicious.
View attachment 90527
Really? Omg that cake is awesome, like an upgrade of ours 😂 Although I like the hardboiled eggs that ours takes. It is a rooster?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The most I do to celebrate Easter is usually just go to the grocery store to buy some Peeps. I love that sort of unhealthy sugar.

Also if there's an Easter then when is Wester?

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves and onlyanimalsaregood
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
@onlyanimalsaregood
I lived in Madeira for a while.
I miss it. In the Netherlands we dress up as Easter bunny 😉 and eat chocolate eggs all day long lol.

PaseninOverijssel

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and houseofleaves
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: houseofleaves, onlyanimalsaregood, Talvikki and 1 other person
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
The most I do to celebrate Easter is usually just go to the grocery store to buy some Peeps. I love that sort of unhealthy sugar.

Also if there's an Easter then when is Wester?
Ahah what is "Peeps"? We don't have it here. But I love sugar too xD
Good question 😂

Reactions: Talvikki, houseofleaves and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
They're basically big marshmallows covered in glittery sugar. Unhealthy? Yes. Horrifying? Also yes. I enjoy eating them whole and pretending they're real live baby chicks.

• Yay!
Reactions: Cathy Ames, MellowAvenue, LacunaLacrimalis and 2 others
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
why?.. he was kinda cool and suffered so much that he preferred to go to heaven to his abusive father… 🥺 (i'm NOT religious)

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Al Cappella
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
@onlyanimalsaregood Ik heb een tijdje op Madeira gewoond.
Ik mis het. In Nederland verkleden we ons als paashaas 😉 en eten we de hele dag chocolade eitjes lol.

View attachment 90530
Omg I also lived in Madeira for years. I really love it. Ahah it sounds funny to dress up as bunny's. Here we also eat a lot of chocolate eggs, it is my favorite part 🤗
View attachment 90531
They're basically big marshmallows covered in glittery sugar. Unhealthy? Yes. Horrifying? Also yes. I enjoy eating them whole and pretending they're real live baby chicks.
Ahaha they look yummy 😋 It is interesting to see how different cultures celebrate Easter.

• Love
Reactions: Talvikki
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

Jan 14, 2022
In Russia, we boil eggs with red onion skin so the eggs become red too. This symbolises JESUS'S BLOOD. Yummy.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: AtMostOkay, Cathy Ames and onlyanimalsaregood
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

Jan 14, 2022
Can you show us a picture?
here's the recipe with pictures of every step:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
994C4C26 72D6 4384 996F 75F83E621561
In Poland we also use onion skin this is my favorite method to give eggs colour.

• Love
  • Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: stygal, AtMostOkay, Cathy Ames and 3 others
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
here's the recipe with pictures of every step:
It is original 🤗 I had a Moldavian ex-boyfriend and a Russian mother-in-law, so I have tasted some of your dishes and they are very unique and healthy. My favorite dish was Shuba. I always thought it was funny to look like a cake but to be a salad.
View attachment 90532
In Poland we also use onion skin this is my favorite method to give eggs colour.
Awesome

Reactions: houseofleaves
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
All fun beggins with scratching patterns on the egg with the neddle for example. My grandmother had ester eggs with beautifull patterns that were made nearly 30 years ago. The were conserved by drying.

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and houseofleaves
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
All fun beggins with scratching patterns on the egg with the neddle for example. My grandmother had ester eggs with beautifull patterns that were made nearly 30 years ago. The were conserved by drying.
Beautiful ❤️ And they really do last a long time. It's good to keep as a souvenir.

Last edited:
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
If there were any British traditions at Easter they've all been eclipsed by just buying chocolate. Maybe Morris dancing or something. I'll visit my parents but there'll be no religious observance.

• Yay!
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
Scratching patterns on eggs is tradition. Preserving them by drying i don't know. There is also a technique where you pour wax on egg in form of pattern and then colour egg in place covered by wax there will be white pattern

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
If there were any British traditions at Easter they've all been eclipsed by just buying chocolate. Maybe Morris dancing or something. I'll visit my parents but there'll be no religious observance.
So in the UK you don't celebrate Easter much? It's always good to visit family :)
Scratching patterns on eggs is tradition. Preserving them by drying i don't know. There is also a technique where you pour wax on egg in form of pattern and then colour egg in place covered by wax there will be white pattern
You guys are really creative.

Last edited:
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
Here is method with bee wax

• Love
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
So in the UK you don't celebrate Easter much? It's always good to visit family :)

Maybe I'm just cynical - easter eggs have been in stores since the 1st of January. Its the only time of year you can buy Cadbury Creme Eggs. We do get two public holidays so there's a four-day weekend, which is nice.