V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
I just want the easiest and least painful way to ctb. I don't wanna have to do any tor shit to find stuff and buy it from sketchy websites

Reactions: Hunter2005 and sserafim
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Sadly the least painful and most effective ways I know you'll have to order stuff from sketchy websites and people, like sn for example. From what I know, out of the accessible methods hanging might be one of the best choices. It has very high mortality rate and there are ways to minimize the pain, but the hard part is dealing with survival instinct, just like in almost every method
Once you reply a few more times you'll get the search function, it will be easier to look into methods

Reactions: Hunter2005, fwompie, sserafim and 1 other person
V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
Sadly the least painful and most effective ways I know you'll have to order stuff from sketchy websites and people, like sn for example. From what I know, out of the accessible methods hanging might be one of the best choices. It has very high mortality rate and there are ways to minimize the pain, but the hard part is dealing with survival instinct, just like in almost every method
Once you reply a few more times you'll get the search function, it will be easier to look into methods
Was considering something like hanging just wondering what items I can do it with since I don't have a rope

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Was considering something like hanging just wondering what items I can do it with since I don't have a rope
People often do it with belts, scarfs, even wires (not recommended). But if you are planning to use any of those they'll have to be really sturdy and you'll need to test it, don't want it breaking of course. Best way is to get a rope, you can find it easily on amazon or in local stores. I myself ordered a 20mm jute rope a while ago, it's used for decoration often so that could be an excuse, but no one's gonna ask I'm sure

Reactions: Hunter2005, trove1080p and loterius
N

nightingales_song

Aug 16, 2023
honestly i plan to do suffocation(to cause blackout or lightheadedness) with drowning(tones in my pocket or smth)

loterius

loterius

Sep 21, 2023
Hanging seems to like to most cheapest fastest methods you only need to learn how to make a slipknot and anchor point like stairs, doorknob, door handle . Ropes can be made out of torn cotton t shirts. Its one of most choosen methods in huge countries like India too, thus it is very reliable. Downsize is you need to be alone and not for a few hours but whole day or and night minimum. So rescueing you is not an option. Starving is a good cheap reliable method too, but you need to live alone to be succesfull in this. People who fail are the ones, who were not determined enough, did poor preparation like loose anchor points, bad quality roping, or passed out before they were hanged, or were found too early. Being alone for sufficient time is a important part of the preparation.

Last edited:
V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
People often do it with belts, scarfs, even wires (not recommended). But if you are planning to use any of those they'll have to be really sturdy and you'll need to test it, don't want it breaking of course. Best way is to get a rope, you can find it easily on amazon or in local stores. I myself ordered a 20mm jute rope a while ago, it's used for decoration often so that could be an excuse, but no one's gonna ask I'm sure
How much weight do you think a belt could support to avoid it from breaking

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
How much weight do you think a belt could support to avoid it from breaking
depends on the belt, Google says an average one could support around 10kg. I've heard of people using a belt for it but it must've been partial hanging
But I've also read a post here saying they attempted partial with a belt and the buckle snapped. So you'll have to have to a crazy good leather belt or get a rope

V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
depends on the belt, Google says an average one could support around 10kg. I've heard of people using a belt for it but it must've been partial hanging
But I've also read a post here saying they attempted partial with a belt and the buckle snapped. So you'll have to have to a crazy good leather belt or get a rope
any other easy ways to ctb in that case without having to buy anything? If not how would I buy the stuff in a non suspicious way

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
any other easy ways to ctb in that case without having to buy anything? If not how would I buy the stuff in a non suspicious way
You could try jumping from height, like a bridge or a really tall building. Or jump under a train, but I wouldn't personally do that as it would traumatize people. Buying a rope online is fairly simple and one will check on you in my experience
Jumping has a lower fatality rate and it may be a struggle to get access to some place you can do it

Reactions: sserafim
V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
You could try jumping from height, like a bridge or a really tall building. Or jump under a train, but I wouldn't personally do that as it would traumatize people. Buying a rope online is fairly simple and one will check on you in my experience
Jumping has a lower fatality rate and it may be a struggle to get access to some place you can do it
Is there any good excuse to use as too why I would be buying a rope?

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Is there any good excuse to use as too why I would be buying a rope?
Yeah, decorating the house, making crafts like catscratcher, vases etc. If you buy jute or hemp

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
I don't have a cat and none of those would be believable. Any others or?
Hmm not sure.. You could probably come up with something good enough if needed. I think even if you buy a rope from the store in person they shouldn't really care. Or are you asking in case someone at home questions you?

V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
Hmm not sure.. You could probably come up with something good enough if needed. I think even if you buy a rope from the store in person they shouldn't really care. Or are you asking in case someone at home questions you?
At home is the problem. I could just go to the Home Depot and buy random supplies with a rope so credit card bill doesn't look suspicious. I just need an excuse in case somebody finds it and how to actually go through with ctb

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
At home is the problem. I could just go to the Home Depot and buy random supplies with a rope so credit card bill doesn't look suspicious. I just need an excuse in case somebody finds it and how to actually go through with ctb
Yeah best bet is to hide it well. On advice with the ctb itself you can look up the various threads on hanging when you get the search function

V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
Yeah best bet is to hide it well. On advice with the ctb itself you can look up the various threads on hanging when you get the search function
'do you have a guide to do so effectively, how to make sure the rope is stable, what height to hang, what time of day to do, and how to maximize fatality etc.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I don't have a cat and none of those would be believable. Any others or?
You're helping a friend move, he/she asked you to pick up a rope to secure items to a trailer or secure a tarpaulin over the load. Plenty reasons to buy a rope from securing a boat to tying up your pal's dog to stop it wandering whilst you're working on someone's' garden giving them a hand.

Last edited:
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
'do you have a guide to do so effectively, how to make sure the rope is stable, what height to hang, what time of day to do, and how to maximize fatality etc.
In short, first of all tie a simple noose and look into what kind of knot you will need for whatever you are anchoring it to. You don't want it to untie, and simple noose is enough and works well from what I know. Can also secure it by tying a knot on the loose end. For full suspension - knot can be on either side but better in the back of the neck, so that the pressure goes on the front where arteries are. Put the noose high up your neck because it will slide up either way and that'd be painful. Can pad the front of your neck with a thin towel or something so the rope doesn't cut into your skin. For the time of day it depends on the circumstances, if it's outside, probably better at night. Makes sure to test everything with your weight so nothing snaps or unties, that's important. The drop shouldn't be big, ideally close to none because that's unnecessary.
For partial - put the knot at the back of your neck, noose below Adam's apple, no padding. Lean into the noose forward, not down, in one swift motion, not slowly. It takes time to figure out the right spot for you and the whole process. If you feel your head filling with blood, you cut off veins but not arteries, redo the attempt. The veins need roughly a few kg of pressure while arteries can require around 8-10. If you start choking or don't pass out in a minute, abort as well. That's pretty much it, info based on research I've done and might not be fully correct, do everything at your own risk
Be aware that failing a hanging can result in permanent brain damage and disability

Last edited:
V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
In short, first of all tie a simple noose and look into what kind of knot you will need for whatever you are anchoring it to. You don't want it to untie, and simple noose is enough and works well from what I know. Can also secure it by tying a knot on the loose end. For full suspension - knot can be on either side but better in the back of the neck, so that the pressure goes on the front where arteries are. Put the noose high up your neck because it will slide up either way and that'd be painful. Can pad the front of your neck with a thin towel or something so the rope doesn't cut into your skin. For the time of day it depends on the circumstances, if it's outside, probably better at night. Makes sure to test everything with your weight so nothing snaps or unties, that's important. The drop shouldn't be big, ideally close to none because that's unnecessary.
For partial - put the knot at the back of your neck, noose below Adam's apple, no padding. Lean into the noose forward, not down, in one swift motion, not slowly. It takes time to figure out the right spot for you and the whole process. If you feel your head filling with blood, you cut off veins but not arteries, redo the attempt. The veins need roughly a few kg of pressure while arteries can require around 8-10. If you start choking or don't pass out in a minute, abort as well. That's pretty much it, info based on research I've done and might not be fully correct, do everything at your own risk
Be aware that failing a hanging can result in permanent brain damage and disability
is there any major difference between the two, I just want the least painful and quickest way

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
is there any major difference between the two, I just want the least painful and quickest way
Full suspension is quick but can be very painful until you pass out (can take around 30 seconds), partial can be much less painful and also relatively quick but it's difficult to get the technique right, it takes practice
Also if everything is prepared correctly aka nothing breaks and no one helps you, full suspension is pretty much guaranteed to work
And partial is easier to set up at home

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've always wished for an straightforward way to just cease existing, it really would be such a relief if suicide actually is easy, it's cruel to me how it's so difficult to die, all those who wish to be gone should just be able to free themselves in peace. But anyway best wishes, I hope that you eventually find the freedom you wish for.

Reactions: sserafim and nicotine_goblin
V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
Full suspension is quick but can be very painful until you pass out (can take around 30 seconds), partial can be much less painful and also relatively quick but it's difficult to get the technique right, it takes practice
Also if everything is prepared correctly aka nothing breaks and no one helps you, full suspension is pretty much guaranteed to work
And partial is easier to set up at home
If partial is easier but takes practice, how do I practice before actually going through with it

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
If partial is easier but takes practice, how do I practice before actually going through with it
Try to find the arteries in your neck, you'll feel the pulse on both sides. You can try laying down and pressing on them with your thumbs and see if you can block them like that and pass out. Then I personally went through the process of partial to see if I can block the arteries with the rope (for a short time), you'll feel it. Have to be careful here, you might want to pull the rope just with your arms so you don't accidentally hang yourself. I'm somewhere in that process still, trying to find the perfect position and close the arteries off consistently. Once you've done that it should be easier to succeed. That's all based on my experience, you might want to read other threads on the topic as well to get a better perspective and more info

V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
Try to find the arteries in your neck, you'll feel the pulse on both sides. You can try laying down and pressing on them with your thumbs and see if you can block them like that and pass out. Then I personally went through the process of partial to see if I can block the arteries with the rope (for a short time), you'll feel it. Have to be careful here, you might want to pull the rope just with your arms so you don't accidentally hang yourself. I'm somewhere in that process still, trying to find the perfect position and close the arteries off consistently. Once you've done that it should be easier to succeed. That's all based on my experience, you might want to read other threads on the topic as well to get a better perspective and more info
Normally how long does it take to pass out and how do I feel before I pass out to avoid hanging myself

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Normally how long does it take to pass out and how do I feel before I pass out to avoid hanging myself
It should take around 15 seconds ideally from what I know. It's hard to tell when you're gonna pass out which is why it's dangerous to practice with the actual hanging set up. When you close off arteries you'll start feeling weak but the head shouldn't be filling up with blood, if it does it means you closed the arteries too late. Ideally veins and arteries should close at the same time to avoid that

• Informative
Reactions: MatthieuFrederickW
V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
Tried it, pressed as hard as I could for 1 minute. I started to feel a weird sensation but might just be the placebo affect. Did I do it correctly?

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Tried it, pressed as hard as I could for 1 minute. I started to feel a weird sensation but might just be the placebo affect. Did I do it correctly?
Try a different position, iirc it's better below Adam's apple and press with thumbs
Do that laying down though, so if you pass out you don't injure yourself

V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
Try a different position, iirc it's better below Adam's apple and press with thumbs
Do that laying down though, so if you pass out you don't injure yourself
Alright, I'll try later tonight. How many times would I need to successfully do it to actually be able to ctb successfully

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Alright, I'll try later tonight. How many times would I need to successfully do it to actually be able to ctb successfully
When you are confident that you found the right spot to pass out quickly