• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Too many large scale natural disasters to list them all. The earth has been trying to expel us since we got here.

Who here is well versed in Abiogenesis hypothese? I'm far from knowing anything. But i look at this planet as the egg. It was fertilized. Without it's consent. And has been trying to rid itself of us since.

Why can't we see this? Why do we feel so damn special? Why do we feel we are progressing? Where exactly is it we plan to go? Why am i awake?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RottenOdysseus, Redt2go and 2 others
Moms_Spaghetti

Moms_Spaghetti

Dec 25, 2018
We are essentially a fungus, we are even more closely related to fungi than we are plants.

Reactions: Psilo, Weeping Garbage Can, RottenOdysseus and 3 others
Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
Too many large scale natural disasters to list them all. The earth has been trying to expel us since we got here.

Who here is well versed in Abiogenesis hypothese? I'm far from knowing anything. But i look at this planet as the egg. It was fertilized. Without it's consent. And has been trying to rid itself of us since.

Why can't we see this? Why do we feel so damn special? Why do we feel we are progressing? Where exactly is it we plan to go? Why am i awake?
As humans we like to think of ourselfs as the Top of the Food-Chain and we are as far from the truth as possible.

A microorganism can make the tallest and strongest crumble. We are the weakest of species on the planet, yet we thrive due to our numbers and need to reproduce.

Our intellectual power even tho it is bigger than that of an ant, is actually lessened due to the fact that we are constantly taking decisions that lead to death, whether its a Vice or a hazardous occupation after thousands of years of evolution. Our survival instinct has diminished to only kick in when we are in an immediate danger. However our survival by reproduction instincts are higher than ever. Hence we are devouring the earth with over population.

However one day mother nature's scale will tip the wrong way and when we pass that point of no return. It will be too late for mankind, mother nature however will bounce back and flourish once again, we will not.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Ashpac and Redt2go
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
If the earth or other minds on the earth were aware of humanity and it/they were capable of hatred, I think it would be reasonable for our species to be a particular object of hate. Imagine if something did to you and those that matter to you what we do to nearly any other living, sensitive thing merely because we can and we want to. And worse, that thing, aware of the pain it caused, justified doing what it does, no matter the costs to you/yours. ... ...

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Sundayafternoon and Its911
Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
Oh my creator...

We dwindle in the final hours.

Oh my creator...

You brought me paradise

Oh my creator...

I have given you ashes

Oh my creator...

Take me to the heaven's...

Oh my creator...

I will give you hell

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Wolfjob_dayjob
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
We are essentially a fungus, we are even more closely related to fungi than we are plants.

That's interesting.
Side note - one of my last meals must be spaghetti.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
As humans we like to think of ourselfs as the Top of the Food-Chain and we are as far from the truth as possible.

A microorganism can make the tallest and strongest crumble. We are the weakest of species on the planet, yet we thrive due to our numbers and need to reproduce.

Our intellectual power even tho it is bigger than that of an ant, is actually lessened due to the fact that we are constantly taking decisions that lead to death, whether its a Vice or a hazardous occupation after thousands of years of evolution. Our survival instinct has diminished to only kick in when we are in an immediate danger. However our survival by reproduction instincts are higher than ever. Hence we are devouring the earth with over population.

However one day mother nature's scale will tip the wrong way and when we pass that point of no return. It will be too late for mankind, mother nature however will bounce back and flourish once again, we will not.

Right. I have no worries about the earth. It can and will heal itself.

Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Oh my creator...

We dwindle in the final hours.

Oh my creator...

You brought me paradise

Oh my creator...

I have given you ashes

Oh my creator...

Take me to the heaven's...

Oh my creator...

I will give you hell

Please forgive my ignorance. Is this a poem or quote?

Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
If the earth or other minds on the earth were aware of humanity and it/they were capable of hatred, I think it would be reasonable for our species to be a particular object of hate. Imagine if something did to you and those that matter to you what we do to nearly any other living, sensitive thing merely because we can and we want to. And worse, that thing, aware of the pain it caused, justified doing what it does, no matter the costs to you/yours. ... ...

I watched a family a deer walking through a backyard. Not 100 feet away a new housing development was being built.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Its911 and Wolfjob_dayjob
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
The earth doesn't hate us, there is no 'earth'. We simply have delusions of our own importance that lead us to believe in destiny and a 'mother earth' We may well 'f-up the planet (in our own aesthetic judgement) but we'll do ourselves in in the process... and 'mother earth' will trundle on merrily and oblivious to our ever existence.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Sundayafternoon
Moms_Spaghetti

Moms_Spaghetti

Dec 25, 2018
That's interesting.
Side note - one of my last meals must be spaghetti.

animals and fungi share a common ancestor and branched away from plants at some point about 1.1 billion years ago. It was only later that animals and fungi separated on the genealogical tree of life, making mushrooms more closely related to humans than plants. Most likely, this common ancestor was a single-celled organism that had sperm-like characteristics (like an animal) and then a later developmental stage with a stronger cell wall (fungi). There is also something to be said of why fungal infections are so hard to treat. Instead of seeing it as a foriegn invading pathogen our body cannot distinguish it from ourselves. This is also why anti fungal drugs tend to do damage to human cells as well. Fungus is needed to break down and recycle organic matter, I theorize we are just super intelligent fungus in a way.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Norest4thewicked, Misanthrope and 2 others
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
animals and fungi share a common ancestor and branched away from plants at some point about 1.1 billion years ago. It was only later that animals and fungi separated on the genealogical tree of life, making mushrooms more closely related to humans than plants. Most likely, this common ancestor was a single-celled organism that had sperm-like characteristics (like an animal) and then a later developmental stage with a stronger cell wall (fungi). There is also something to be said of why fungal infections are so hard to treat. Instead of seeing it as a foriegn invading pathogen our body cannot distinguish it from ourselves. This is also why anti fungal drugs tend to do damage to human cells as well. Fungus is needed to break down and recycle organic matter, I theorize we are just super intelligent fungus in a way.

Damn. That was an interesting read. Thank you.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Moms_Spaghetti

Moms_Spaghetti

Dec 25, 2018
Damn. That was an interesting read. Thank you.
Mycology is a fascinating field. Living spores have been found and collected in every level of earth's atmosphere. Mushroom spores are electron dense and can survive in the vacuum of space. Their outer layer is metallic and of a purple hue, which naturally allows the spore to deflect ultraviolet light. Some fringe researchers like Terrance McKenna speculate fungi are essentially an extraterrestrial species that traveled through space. Some contribute fungus to our formation of consciousness as well. There are species of fungus who's spores can infect insects and control its movements making it do whatever the fungus wants it to. It's not too far fetched to believe fungus already do similar things in humans. Many people believe fungus is the root cause of all disease in the body.

Interesting article on fungus turning ants essentially into zombies
https://www.theatlantic.com/science...er-ants-bodies-to-control-their-minds/545864/

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Misanthrope, Sundayafternoon and 1 other person
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
I think the earth is not a sentient force capable of hate, it just is. What we view as natural disaster is just our response to non sentient forces doing what they do that upsets our lives. I doubt tidal waves harbour any malice, the understanding around how they form is understood. If earth was sentient though and had access to all the horrors of nature and did hate us we would be made dead very efficiently. I mean earth has killed off 98% of species once before. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Oxygenation_Event At the rate we are going we are also worsening natural disasters, maybe it is a case of you reap what you sow and not designs of hate but indifferent causality.

@Moms_Spaghetti Found your article fascinating thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Sundayafternoon, Moms_Spaghetti and 1 other person
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019

We've already reached that point with global warming ... The point of no return passed 400 ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere or something

Reactions: Its911 and Weeping Garbage Can
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
I think the earth is not a sentient force capable of hate, it just is. What we view as natural disaster is just our response to non sentient forces doing what they do that upsets our lives. I doubt tidal waves harbour any malice, the understanding around how they form is understood. If earth was sentient though and had access to all the horrors of nature and did hate us we would be made dead very efficiently. I mean earth has killed off 98% of species once before. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Oxygenation_Event At the rate we are going we are also worsening natural disasters, maybe it is a case of you reap what you sow and not designs of hate but indifferent causality.

I definitely agree. It was more of a metaphorical rambling.