• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

"Tradition is the corpse of wisdom"
Oct 31, 2023
Hey guys. I was wondering if covering my self in oil and other flammable items and lighting my self on fire will allow me to ctb? I have enough time to do this.

• Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Definitely not a good idea at all. Very painful and unreliable.

There are much better and peaceful methods available, with plenty of information here on this forum.

It will be interesting to see how the nitrogen execution goes in the states tomorrow, that might make the method popular again.

Reactions: thewalkingdread, Hollowman, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
hexd

hexd

I draw with silver, and it turns red.
May 3, 2023
this is probably one of the worst ways to CTB, its long, painful, and you could potentially hurt someone else.

Reactions: nemehawk, tbroken, Hollowman and 3 others
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Bad method. I'd suggest looking at this

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

Oct 31, 2023
Bad method. I'd suggest looking at this

Why so bad?

• Hugs
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Why so bad?
The excruciating pain and potential unreliability of it along with the severe lifelong consequences that would come if you did fail. Look at third degree burn survivor pictures.
I know you said you're willing to endure the pain and I understand that feeling but I think there are much better options that might be available to you to.

Reactions: thewalkingdread, Hollowman, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Hey guys. I was wondering if covering my self in oil and other flammable items and lighting my self on fire will allow me to ctb? I have enough time to do this.
Absolutely awful way to go.

Reactions: Hollowman and not-2-b-the-answer
Bad-luck

Bad-luck

Oct 31, 2023
The excruciating pain and potential unreliability of it along with the severe lifelong consequences that would come if you did fail. Look at third degree burn survivor pictures.
I know you said you're willing to endure the pain and I understand that feeling but I think there are much better options that might be available to you to.
Are there any other ways using a fire?

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
i'm wondering what the fascination with fire is? I mean, @breezeboy gave a link to possible alternatives and @hexd & @UKscotty already have their insights as to why this method isnt recommended at all.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I get you are probably in a bad mental state but there are much better ways to CTB.

Fire will quite possibly be one of the most painful ways, and it will be very unreliable. You will likely be rescued and really badly disfigured and injured, making a proper CTB very difficult in future.

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

Oct 31, 2023
i'm wondering what the fascination with fire is? I mean, @breezeboy gave a link to possible alternatives and @hexd & @UKscotty already have their insights as to why this method isnt recommended at all.
Sorry ):

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and UKscotty
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Sorry for what, its your life and your choice how you end it.

We are just strongly suggesting you don't chose fire as we know you will suffer badly.

Reactions: breezeboy and Slow_Farewell
Bad-luck

Bad-luck

Oct 31, 2023
Sorry for what, its your life and your choice how you end it.

We are just strongly suggesting you don't chose fire as we know you will suffer badly.
Got it. I will find a another method

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, breezeboy, Slow_Farewell and 1 other person
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
same sentiment with @UKscotty , no need to say sorry, im really just trying to understand your perspective on fire being a viable option.

Reactions: breezeboy
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Are there any other ways using a fire?
The only differences between fire methods are usually the accelerant used and the location.

If for some reason I HAD to do it I guess I would do it in a car. Coat the seats and everything in gasoline. Then get in and pour more on myself before flicking the lighter.

Last edited:
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Its better to jump, no pain as you die instantly, the pain doesn't have the time to reach your brain.

Fire is very painful , everybody knows that , and if somehow you survive, you will be in pain for a long time until next ctb attempt. I dont if any meds can ease the pain from burning.

dweams

dweams

i feel tired…maybe I’ll get wings
Feb 26, 2023
It will be interesting to see how the nitrogen execution goes in the states tomorrow, that might make the method popular again.
I'm reading the AP article on this, and even Dr. Philip Nitschke says that Alabama's specific setup is a bit concerning. It makes it more likely that Kenneth Eugene Smith will choke on his own vomit.

So Alabama could either make this method popular again or terrify people enough to avoid it. :/

• Informative
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I'm reading the AP article on this, and even Dr. Philip Nitschke says that Alabama's specific setup is a bit concerning. It makes it more likely that Kenneth Eugene Smith will choke on his own vomit.

So Alabama could either make this method popular again or terrify people enough to avoid it. :/
Yeah, it will be interesting to find out tonight I guess.

Bit unfortunate the participant is unwilling but it is what it is I guess.

MikUma

MikUma

certified red flag
Dec 7, 2023
Dont. Save yourself from the excruciating, long pain, and likeliness is that someone will hear your agonized screams and will stop it, and you're just going to be an unmasked Darth Vader / Burnt Annikan afterwards, and still live. It's going to be painful in a way unimaginable, just try something else. If you want it to hurt, think of a different way. Human nature makes you want to escape the most horrible pain, even if you want otherwise. You are going to want to live and find some other way to go instead of this. Please don't do this. You will feel every part of your body burning and it will NOT be fun. Bad idea, even if in the end you do die. <3 I hope you have a peaceful end

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Are you into self harm or what? Yikes! Good luck 🔥

C

chalky-girl

Mar 1, 2024
I've been lurking as a guest on this site for a long time, occasionally looking in as I've been contemplating my future. I signed up to join the discussion on this post.

I was really sad to see somebody say sorry to others for their preferred method. I know everyone is trying to care and prevent the OP from pain and failure, and that should be applauded, but it just felt like it might have been crossing the line between caring and lecturing. Maybe not - maybe just me. Each person has their own approach - it is neither right nor wrong.

On the subject of the method... fire. A very painful and traumatic method, yes. Effective? If properly planned then yes, of course it would be. I'm going on the OP's initial post. Yes, doing what you say would enable you to CTB. Like any other method, it isn't fool proof. But if planned and executed, it would work.

Look, I make no secret of this... and I find it hard to talk about it because of the fear of being subject to a similar response, my preferred method (and the one that I am intending to use) is also fire. I get that it horrifies some people and I get that it will be ultra-painful. There's no "fascination" with fire (as another poster has put in this thread) for me. There are other methods that are less painful, I know. BUT... this is just the method that I have settled on - I don't know why or have a specific reason. I just thought about and researched methods, am not bothered in the slightest about pain, and kept coming back to this way. I have done loads of detailed research into this, including detailed temperature analysis of different fuels in different locations. It's been thought about carefully.

@Bad-luck : I don't judge you for considering fire and I completely understand why others might lean that way, but think it through very carefully first so that it works with a minimal chance of failure and nobody else is at risk. Be sure about your choices.

• Love
Reactions: vak
Macc_Lad_71

Macc_Lad_71

Feb 15, 2024
why in god's name would you consider this !

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
so much for the peaceful pill or any resource compilation