gianni rage

gianni rage

Oct 23, 2020
Hello. I am new here.

this was a spoken word thing I did back in 2018 which is why it is in caps. It is meant to be loud. I would like to know what people think .

" DYING IS EASY---IT TAKES COURAGE TO LIVE...SUICIDE IS A COWARD'S WAY OUT, FACING THE CHALLENGE OF EVERY NEW DAY IS BRAVE... "

BULLSHIT. WHAT COMPLETE BULLSHIT

WHAT CONTEMPTIBLE, MALICIOUS, INANE BULLSHIT

A REPREHENSIBLE AND HYPOCRITICAL SHIBBOLETH PROFFERED BY A SOCIETY THAT IS TOO COWARDLY TO ADMIT THAT IT IS TERRIFIED OF DEATH.

DYING IS FUCKING SCARY AND AWFUL AND ONLY DONE WILLINGLY BY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN SAVAGELY BROKEN INTO A MILLION PIECES...

THE "DYING" MAY BE EASY, BUT THE GET-TO-THE-DYING PART WAS CALAMITOUS...

OF COURSE, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT LIVING IS EASY EITHER.

IN FACT, BOTH CHOICES ARE DIFFICULT AND TERRIFYING IN THEIR OWN WAYS

BOTH OPTIONS SUCK ASS FOR MANY PEOPLE.

TOO MANY PEOPLE.

BUT LIVING IS A LITTLE LESS SAD.

MOST OF THE TIME.

AND THAT IS ABOUT ALL THAT CAN BE SAID IN ITS FAVOR.

AND THAT IS WHAT EMPATHETIC, TRULY EVOLVED HUMAN BEINGS SHOULD BE CONCERNED WITH, NOT THE DEMEANING OF DISTRESSED AND DESPERATE MEMBERS OF THEIR SPECIES.

AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY TAKES COURAGE?

TELLING THOSE PRESUMPTUOUS MORALISTS WHO DEFAME AND DIMINISH THE HOPELESS TO GO TO FUCKING HELL

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, PrincessInWhite, SquirrelsInMyPants and 10 others
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Hi buddy.

I agree. Both paths are difficult to walk. Similarly, I also understand why folks operate in hyperbole when they talk about these subjects. Suicide is an extreme and extremes attract extreme responses. It's just balance, or that's how I think of it.

Spoken word stuff is neato. It's an excellent source of catharsis. Kudos to you.

• Love
Reactions: Kcountdown, Sprite_Geist and gianni rage
gianni rage

gianni rage

Oct 23, 2020
Hi buddy.

I agree. Both paths are difficult to walk. Similarly, I also understand why folks operate in hyperbole when they talk about these subjects. Suicide is an extreme and extremes attract extreme responses. It's just balance, or that's how I think of it.

Spoken word stuff is neato. It's an excellent source of catharsis. Kudos to you.
I have done a lot of this stuff...I have written reams to this effect, on this topic---

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Thank you for sharing. Was a nice read.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
This is probably has too many words and is overly-analytical...

"Dying is easy" -

It is actually difficult to die in a lot of instances. Humans are animals that are hardwired to stay alive. Every method of dying comes with a compromise - some are messy, some are slow, many are excruciatingly painful and of course none of them have a guaranteed success rate of 100%. It is not easy at all to push past your natural survival instinct(s); while at the same time having the thought of failing and ending up crippled in the back of your mind.

"It takes courage to live" -

Courage does not exist. It is a human-made concept. Living is the basic parameter of any organism - right down to the individual cells that they are comprised of. We are alive because our cells machinery keeps us living, and not because of some sense of heroism or bravery but because that is what they are biologically programmed to do - they are just doing their job.

"Suicide is a coward's way out" -

Just like what was said for courage above: cowardice does not exist either, and for the same reason. The definition of cowardice is to avoid a situation out of fear; this implies that everyone that is suicidal is afraid and that is not true. For example: if someone is depressed then they likely feel emotionally drained so they could not feel afraid if they tried. They do not commit suicide because they are frightened, but because they are tired.

Even if someone does end their life out of the fear of a challenge this statement still does not make sense. Fear is a mechanism that is intended to keep us alive; that is why we are afraid of death because it is something that goes against survival. So: if wanting to die out of fear makes someone a coward then, by this logic, not wanting to die out of fear (survival instinct) is cowardice also... Except, at the same time, we are told that living makes us brave - it is a contradiction... Schrödinger's coward?

"Facing the challenge of every new day is brave..." -

Not every new day is a challenge. For some people, especially those that are suicidal, a new day is a repeat of the last with maybe a few different variables; eat, go to school/college/work, come home, eat again and then sleep. Completing the same level of life over and over again becomes boring not challenging. Plus not everyone wants to have a challenge and that is okay.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Weary Soul and Kcountdown
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I cba to even read and process it, it doesn't even have meaning realistically it's just pro lifers throwing their toys out of the pram because they can't control our mental states

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics