castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Soo many tempting options. Kinda reminds me of "1K ways 2die"

They make it sound super EZ:
Original source (clearnet link)
Sheriff: Man struck, killed while running down highway in Liberty Township

A Fairfield man was struck and killed by a vehicle on State Route 129 in Liberty Township early Sunday morning, according to the Butler County Sheriff's Office.

Ronald Scott Winans Jr., 38, was declared dead at the scene, officials said in a news release Monday afternoon. The collision happened around 4:30 a.m. Sunday.

Officials said Winans was a passenger in a vehicle traveling eastbound on the highway. He and the driver were in the middle of a "domestic altercation" when the driver, who hasn't been identified, pulled the vehicle off to the side of the road, the sheriff's office said.

Both Winans and the driver were running down the roadway when Winans was struck by a vehicle, officials said. Emergency medical personnel attempted life saving measures at the scene but were unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I always found it stupid how many people climb Everest. You read the bios of the corpses new climbers use as markers, and it's baffling how all these smart, successful people threw their lives away for bragging rights. Just read about the guy they named "Green Boots".

I think people who pull dangerous stunts are also stupid, and I refuse to give them attention.

Reactions: FrootyBat, waitingforrest, IfyouareamanWinston and 2 others
Lullaby

Lullaby

šŸŒ™
Mar 9, 2022
I always found it stupid how many people climb Everest. You read the bios of the corpses new climbers use as markers, and it's baffling how all these smart, successful people threw their lives away for bragging rights. Just read about the guy they named "Green Boots".

I think people who pull dangerous stunts are also stupid, and I refuse to give them attention.
I was watching a documentary about Everest recently. It was filmed during the 2016 avalanche. The sherpas were busy trying to recover their dead friends and decided that they wanted to call off the summit because it just wasn't worth the money and they wanted to mourn.

The people who traveled there and saw all of this happen still wanted to go through with it and didn't understand why these people objected to it. It's crazy. You're right, I think it's less about the adventure and more about being able to say you did it, which feels pretty vain.

As someone who's suicidal, I wouldn't even do it.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, waitingforrest and katagiri83
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
I think it's less about the adventure and more about being able to say you did it, which feels pretty vain.
They'll do anything for them Utube views!

Reactions: Celerity and Lullaby
IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
I was watching a documentary about Everest recently. It was filmed during the 2016 avalanche. The sherpas were busy trying to recover their dead friends and decided that they wanted to call off the summit because it just wasn't worth the money and they wanted to mourn.

The people who traveled there and saw all of this happen still wanted to go through with it and didn't understand why these people objected to it. It's crazy. You're right, I think it's less about the adventure and more about being able to say you did it, which feels pretty vain.

As someone who's suicidal, I wouldn't even do it.

I watched this YT about this one rich women that just gave 0 fucks after the guy that dragged her up to the summit died and threw a fucking party. I just assumed all rich people were like that. Zero empathy.

Reactions: FrootyBat, Celerity, waitingforrest and 1 other person
Lullaby

Lullaby

šŸŒ™
Mar 9, 2022

I watched this YT about this one rich women that just gave 0 fucks after the guy that dragged her up to the summit died and threw a fucking party. I just assumed all rich people were like that. Zero empathy.

Just got finished watching this, insane! If you have to be carried up the mountain, then you really didn't accomplish anything. From what I've read, if you're at the point, you get left behind.

The sense of entitlement and arrogance makes it worse. It always frustrates me to know people like this exist in the world and are thriving while crapping all over others.

• Informative
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston, lionetta12, Celerity and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021

How fucking awful! What a garbage human being.

Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston, waitingforrest and castler
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The Darwin Awards are pretty interesting. One of the worst ones was a guy was using a wood chipper and it got stuck, so this guy climbed into the wood chipper and kicked the jammed limb loose- and then he went right through the wood chipper- his nephew watched this happen- the screaming was horrible- no surprise. He thought he could jump out in time, which was foolish- just turn it off first, not complicated.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Un-, FrootyBat and 2 others
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
I almost thought about the chipper as being plausible, but the 'stop bar' potentially getting activated or some new fangled sensor stopping the machine mid-chew kinda erases that possibility.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I almost thought about the chipper as being plausible, but the 'stop bar' potentially getting activated or some new fangled sensor stopping the machine mid-chew kinda erases that possibility.
This was published in one of the darwin awards books, and they research things pretty thoroughly, but I suppose they could make a mistake- I'll check into this further.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and castler
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021

You can bet she is going back home to share her "life changing experience". I think there is also some other great videos about the trash problem on Everest, the comercialization of a experience, and exploitation of voluntourism.

• Aww..
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston, lionetta12 and castler
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Here is one wood chiipper story from the darwin awards- not the same story, though:

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and castler
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
The strangest death that I can recall is Clement Vallandigham. Who accidentally shot himself trying to prove how is client was innocent of murder.

• Informative
Reactions: castler and Someone123
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Oops. That had to've been a misfortune of events.

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I read about some guy who let a black widow spider bite him multiple times. I don't think he was suicidal but I'm not sure what he was doing. I don't know, what did he think was going to happen? Don't mess with those spiders!

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston, FrootyBat, castler and 1 other person
FrootyBat

FrootyBat

Aug 11, 2022
I used to frequent a forum that had a Death Toll contest every year before the Mt. Everest season opened. It's been so long I can't remember what the correct term was but basically you chose a number of spoiled idiot people who would perish on the mountain pointlessly. One year an avalanche wiped out Base Camp so no one won that time.

Anyhoo, one of the most egregious examples of "not respecting the mountain" is of Shriya Shah-Klorfine's journey of dumb recklessness up Mt. Everest. This woman barely did any training and had no previous mountaineering experience. (She Photoshopped a pic of her onto a snowy mountain photo.) It wasn't until she got to Base Camp that she had to have one of her Sherpas teach her how to put on crampons.

Enjoy:

Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston, Celerity and castler