• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

pokerkitty

Apr 17, 2024
I've recently read some articles regarding a man who CTB using dry ice in a bathroom.

I have read on this forum that breathing in dry ice directly is highly unpleasant, so using it in an exit bag would be a terrible idea. However, even a 10% concentration in the air is enough to kill.

If I locked myself in a shower or bathroom stall, sealed the gap below the door, and had a large amount of dry ice in the room with me, would it be enough to CTB?

Reactions: whocaresreally
Placo

Placo

Student
Feb 14, 2024
It's a method that I also thought about but in the end I didn't seriously consider, I still use one that makes you die due to CO2.

P

pokerkitty

Apr 17, 2024
It's a method that I also thought about but in the end I didn't seriously consider, I still use one that makes you die due to CO2.
Is there a reason you didn't seriously consider it?

I've heard of other CO2 based methods but unfortunately I live in a dorm with a very sensitive smoke detector.

Placo

Placo

Student
Feb 14, 2024

I've heard of other CO2 based methods but unfortunately I live in a dorm with a very sensitive smoke detector.
Because I can't think of a space that is small enough and because I practically have a similar one which consists of putting a plastic bag over your head and tying it tightly around your neck so that no air can pass through and at the same time handcuffing yourself behind your back to prevent you from to free yourself if the survival instinct was to come out so in the end I preferred the latter because it was more feasible for me.

But with dry ice there could be the advantage that you lose consciousness more quickly I imagine.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
The risk with this method is accidentally killing other people. If you live in an apartment or a house with other people, the vents can feed the carbon monoxide to other rooms, potentially hurting or killing other people. In the same way, if you don't leave sufficient warnings on the door to keep people from entering, they could also die when entering the room.

P

pokerkitty

Apr 17, 2024
Because I can't think of a space that is small enough and because I practically have a similar one which consists of putting a plastic bag over your head and tying it tightly around your neck so that no air can pass through and at the same time handcuffing yourself behind your back to prevent you from to free yourself if the survival instinct was to come out so in the end I preferred the latter because it was more feasible for me.

But with dry ice there could be the advantage that you lose consciousness more quickly I imagine.
That makes sense. Admittedly I don't think I'd have the willpower for that, but I wish you luck
The risk with this method is accidentally killing other people. If you live in an apartment or a house with other people, the vents can feed the carbon monoxide to other rooms, potentially hurting or killing other people. In the same way, if you don't leave sufficient warnings on the door to keep people from entering, they could also die when entering the room.
I've considered this, and it is certainly a concern. The room I am planning on using does not have any ventilation (I live in a pre-WW1 building that doesn't have central air). The way the room is set up, opening the door would immediately cause the CO2 to fill a larger space. Even so, I would leave a note to warn whoever found my body.

B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
I think he's talking about carbon dioxide, not carbon monoxide. Carbon dioxide will sink and collect at ground level, I believe. Still, a warning on the door is appropriate.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I think he's talking about carbon dioxide, not carbon monoxide. Carbon dioxide will sink and collect at ground level, I believe. Still, a warning on the door is appropriate.
Floor vents would allow it to travel to lower levels if there were any, and it does still pose a risk for anyone who opens the door. High enough levels could cause someone who walks in to instantly fall unconscious.

B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
I've recently read some articles regarding a man who CTB using dry ice in a bathroom.

I have read on this forum that breathing in dry ice directly is highly unpleasant, so using it in an exit bag would be a terrible idea. However, even a 10% concentration in the air is enough to kill.

If I locked myself in a shower or bathroom stall, sealed the gap below the door, and had a large amount of dry ice in the room with me, would it be enough to CTB?
Definitely possible, although I am still not sure of the exact number of KG needed.

I've also seen case reports of dry ice being used inside a plastic bag, which makes sense and seems like a decent try if you have access to some form of sedation and will have difficulty accessing a confined space.

I'm working on arranging this at the moment so I'll try and update.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

Mar 4, 2024
I have been considering this method after learning of a case of someone accidentally drowning after adding a dry ice to a small pool. I'm unsure of the depth, but seemed deep enough to not touch the bottom. The fog of the dry ice was thick above the pool.

Unfortunately, I think that it would be a challenge to fight SI using this method in a tub as one would be able to sit up with ease as the fog stays near the water surface. Even in a small room, the fog will run over the edge of the tub onto the floor.

Dry ice produces carbon dioxide. It's not dangerous in this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forveleth
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It's the breathing in of the CO2 that triggers the body into panic that it can't get enough air and causes all the unpleasant symptoms from suffocation. I don't think this would be a pleasant way to go, at least not peaceful.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
Dry ice produces carbon dioxide. It's not dangerous in this way.
There are reported cases of accidental carbon dioxide poisoning. In large concentrations carbon dioxide can cause rapid toxicity. It may be less common than carbon monoxide but it still isn't safe. As someone who used to work with dry ice, when it starts to fill up a room, it is very potent. People would nearly pass out reaching into the bottom of the dry ice bin if they forgot to hold their breath.

• Informative
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
Z

zaddylicious

Apr 7, 2024

you can probably use a shower cap and rubber band to cover the detector

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

Mar 4, 2024
There are reported cases of accidental carbon dioxide poisoning. In large concentrations carbon dioxide can cause rapid toxicity. It may be less common than carbon monoxide but it still isn't safe. As someone who used to work with dry ice, when it starts to fill up a room, it is very potent. People would nearly pass out reaching into the bottom of the dry ice bin if they forgot to hold their breath.
Thanks for the info. Sorry for being so dismissive.